KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

hey, couldn't absorbing man just download tons of fighting styles, and a bunch of battle tactics, onto a computer and absorb the computer making him a smarter fighter, as well as a better martial artist, as well as improving his thought speed and intelligence. would this work?

Old Post May 12th, 2005 01:09 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
hey, couldn't absorbing man just download tons of fighting styles, and a bunch of battle tactics, onto a computer and absorb the computer making him a smarter fighter, as well as a better martial artist, as well as improving his thought speed and intelligence. would this work?

He actually did something like this once. It was in "Universe X"...kind of an "What If" possible future of Marvel. Great comic..not exactly definitive looks at Marvel characters...but Absorbing Man could probably do this.

The fight is on the moon this round, so I don't know where he'd get his computer, but theoretically he could do it and would be pretty awesome (In Universe X he beats the entire Avengers using this tactic...minus Cpt America, who wasn't there).

-DM

P.S. Sorry...Vision barely beats him in Universe X, but Absorbing Man manages to kill 4 or 5 of them before that happens.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 01:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

oh i thought they were open to everything until the matched started

Old Post May 12th, 2005 02:23 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

oh i thought they were open to everything until the matched started

dunno. Maybe. If that's the case, I'd have Strange go find Wolverine so Absorbing Man could become adamantium. The computer thing might be an option too, but I'm not quite sure how it would work.

-DM

Old Post May 12th, 2005 02:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

When the hell is this going to close? It's only 6 pages! haha. We got through 6 pages in like, an hour.

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 02:47 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

yeah we would go through like 3 pages in like 10 minutes lol

Old Post May 12th, 2005 02:48 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

It should've closed, but Evangel extended it so more people could vote...apparently that hasn't happened yet.

Longpig's up 6-2 at this point, though, so Sentry is fighting an uphill battle even if more people come and vote.

-DM

P.S. It was funny how fast you guys used up pages...the thread hit 20-something by the end.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 03:08 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea he could.
When he absorbs something, magical technical or something he absorbes the quality of the object as well.
When he absorbed Thors hammer he became indestructable and also had the magical power of Thors hammer.

Thats why i picked him, that and no one ever has beaten Absorbing man
except by outsmarting him.

Are we really allowed to have anything during prep?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 12th, 2005 03:48 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i think you have to prep on the battlefield..... remember the wall so you can't see the other prepping thing?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 12th, 2005 05:12 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bertran

Long Pig, I think you are vastly misinterpreting the nature of Absorbing Man's powers. When he touched Thor's Hammer he gained its powers because the actual hammer itself was made of magical/powerful material. A computer is made of plastic/metal. Absorbing Man would absorb that, and nothing more. By your logic you could download the Bible onto a computer, A.M. could touch it, and possess the powers of God.
And why limit A.M. to computers? Could he not, by your logic, touch a library and absorb all the knowledge within?
I could go on, but I hope/think you see my point.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 07:44 PM
bertran is currently offline Click here to Send bertran a Private Message Find more posts by bertran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

um, no.
i was just saying it may be possible, i was thinking more on the lines of absorbing like a smart robot, like nimrod.

The rest youre right about, if AM were to touch say....juggernaut, he would more than likely have jugs enchanted strength and durability.
Same thing when he absorbed Thors body and he had Thors strength and durability.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 12th, 2005 at 08:03 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2005 08:01 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bertran

gotcha.....your last post makes more sense to me anyway.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 08:28 PM
bertran is currently offline Click here to Send bertran a Private Message Find more posts by bertran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

He did do the computer thing, like I said....but it wasn't a "mainstream" comic (Universe X) so I'd be willing to wager that he'd have some troubles absorbing information like that in a "normal" comic. The comic even said that the only reason he was ever beaten was because he was outsmarted, so once he bypassed that (with the cpu) he handed the Avengers their a$$ and killed most of them. Vision then infected him with a computer virus, and he was forced to turn to a "bad conductor" to eliminate the virus...he turned to stone, and they smashed him into thousands of pieces and dispersed the pieces before he could do anything else.

-DM

...yawn...

Old Post May 12th, 2005 09:17 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea, that's why he doesn't run threw 90% of earths heros, he's just dumb.

I always wondered how, if he touches someone, he gets some of their powers and a bit of their memory...kinda weird to me.

Well, he was created to do just that, but still a little odd.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 12th, 2005 09:47 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

powers?..... i always thought he only gained the physical properties of the thing he touched... in the case of Hulk that would make him stronger... but if he touches Xavier he doesn't become a telepath...... does he?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 12th, 2005 09:56 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats what I'm asking, not too sure myself.....cuz when he absorbed Thor, the dude was doing magic type things.

But yea, if he absorbed Hulk he would get hulks strength and durability.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 12th, 2005 10:04 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

And would he get the "rage factor" of Hulk, or just Hulk's strength and durability at the moment AM touches him? AM's a hazy character like that. Cool, but vague.

-DM

Old Post May 12th, 2005 10:20 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

i think he'd get the strength of the Hulk at the last time he came into contact with him.... if they were fighting he could keep updating himself

until he overloads and explodes that is

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 12th, 2005 10:30 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's vague as hell. If only he wasn't a freaking moron, he'd be a tough cookie.

He only ever exploded because he tried to absorb the entire earth, so unless he abosorbs hulk's strength to the point that hulk could destroy the earth or at least a huge part of it, he should be fine.

The rage factor thing seems possible, if he can mimic magical power, i dont see why he couldn't mimic something like becoming stronger.

I dunno.
What ever happend when he absorbed into energy itself?
He's been lightning and some other type of energy before....never could find out how he used it.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 12th, 2005 10:56 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

he also exploded when he tried to absorb war Hulk's sword

he can become energy, fire.... that sort of thing

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 12th, 2005 10:58 PM