KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What is your fave sci-fi weapon of choice?

What is your fave sci-fi weapon of choice?
Started by: griefzombie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
What about the little pistol from MIB? Small, portable, and powerful.

I would worry about blowing my hand off wielding that tiny thing, plus getting a grip on it if you had large hands would be troublesome.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2012 01:18 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Aah.. don't be a pansy. stick out tongue

I like the gun that Riddick is wielding in my sig image. Although, I'm not sure it's deadly enough. His knives are freakin' badass, too.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2012 11:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by jaden101
ding ding...knockout in the first round...if anyone can beat the lightsaber which we all know they cant

one of my favs isnt from a film though...

the cerebral bore from turok
Ace choice, I know this is an old post, but the Cerebral Bore deserves respect. thumb up

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 01:40 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harry1233

lightsaber

Old Post May 12th, 2012 02:49 AM
harry1233 is currently offline Click here to Send harry1233 a Private Message Find more posts by harry1233 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danathor_

It's obvious a lot of people are gonna choose lightsaber and it is an epic choice but think about this there are a lot of really cool sci fi weapons LASERS frikin LASERS come on bros you can't tell me a laser would be awesome and I know a lightsaber can reflect lasers but think about this a Jedi cannot go up against a laser mini gun beat that Luke!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 09:00 PM
danathor_ is currently offline Click here to Send danathor_ a Private Message Find more posts by danathor_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eluf

Lazer canon: the Best disintegration scene i Think is from the film the lost empirer from 1985. Ind the last scene the actor Linda shayne get blasted to dust by a Big lazer canon.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2013 11:47 AM
eluf is currently offline Click here to Send eluf a Private Message Find more posts by eluf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Movie based would probably gonna go with ghostbusters proton pack... Cross the streams potentially end life in the universe. Not much better than that.

Non movie based I'd probably go with the WH40k Vortex Blade the Soul Spear.... A weaponized black hole.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 10:36 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

As a kid, the cerebral bore - it was one of the few weapons that could scare those vicious reptile men in turok.

Now, the force gun in half life 2, pretty versatile, with electro stun functionality.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2013 12:17 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tankbuster

anyone remember the Glaive from Krull? not sure if it qualifies, but it was a sci fi / fantasy movie

Old Post Apr 17th, 2014 06:48 PM
Tankbuster is currently offline Click here to Send Tankbuster a Private Message Find more posts by Tankbuster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trexalfa
Acta est Fabula

Weapon? Definately between a Xeelee Starbreaker and a Time Lord De-mat Gun/The Moment.

About the Starbreaker, it is difficult not to like a star busting handgun that can force a Supernova in a star that is not capable of going Supernova, and has yottatons of firepower in its lowest setting.

The De-mat Gun, well it erases whatever I shoot from existence. The Moment does the same to entire galaxies.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 03:42 PM
trexalfa is currently offline Click here to Send trexalfa a Private Message Find more posts by trexalfa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

The Wave Motion Gun from Star Blazers...one blast from that and anything in it's way is suddenly gone. It's not portable, I know, but if it was, what a wallop. The only down side is the charging time and the cool down period before recharge.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 05:26 PM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Ultimate Weapon : The Little Doctor from Ender's Game.

Multiple Use Weapon : The Doctor's screwdriver. [generation 10 or above]

Honorable mentions : The Winchester Brothers. Plus an angel blade and the holy fire lighter.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 06:52 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlold
Supreme Gentleman Member

I can't be edgy if I choose lightsabor

well then a plasma gun or ion gun big grin

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:44 PM
overlold is currently offline Click here to Send overlold a Private Message Find more posts by overlold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

looker gun was cool.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 06:33 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 07:40 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

The "Glaive" from krull was awesome. The wave motion gun to from star blazers.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:49 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by Tankbuster
anyone remember the Glaive from Krull? not sure if it qualifies, but it was a sci fi / fantasy movie

Judging by the post's and the obsession with the lightsaber I think 90% of the posters here probably wernt even born when "Krull" was out. The glaive was a large portable golden star that had extracting blades that came out of it. This weapon could be controlled by the users mind. therefore it was a ranged weapon. The beast in which it killed was like a 40 foot alien that shot huge energy beams from its mouth and they could'nt event dent the glaive.

Lightsaber may be cool but no match for the glaive.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:55 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pettyazo

The only thing that comes to mind when we talk about sci fi weapon is ofcourse Lightsaber

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:18 AM
pettyazo is currently offline Click here to Send pettyazo a Private Message Find more posts by pettyazo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by pettyazo
The only thing that comes to mind when we talk about sci fi weapon is ofcourse Lightsaber

Ya its by far the most enduring weapon on the big screen I think.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 05:03 PM
Revanchiste

Why have to choose a particular one when you can bring an arsenal of experimental weapons of your own design?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 09:12 PM
Revanchiste is currently offline Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote