KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » don't u just hate it when they assosiate batman with kiddies?

don't u just hate it when they assosiate batman with kiddies?
Started by: Punkyhermy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

don't u just hate it when they assosiate batman with kiddies?

i dunno about u guys but i'm seriously through with it!!!!!!i know...batsy is not the the most mature hobby in the world but it's pretty deep.people who say batman's for lil kids dhaven't read a single comic nor know a thing about it. since they have no arguments against it, they dismiss it by saying it is kidstuff....i hae been a victim of this and HATE it...what about u guys...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 01:53 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I agree with you on this. It was that attitude that spawned "Batman and Robin." It's hard to read Batman comics and come away with the impression that they're aimed at kids; I blame the live-action TV show for giving people this idea.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 02:22 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

nah i blame, though not justifically, the younger batman audeince who's given the limelight.all that merchandizing and action figures and all.it's the way most ppl see batman.and 4 yr olds who don't have a clue what batsy is and go along chanting i am batman...
they are doing the same with hp nowadys...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 03:25 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

This is why I appreciate Burtons efforts in the first two movies. They went to a considerable length to show comics as a serious medium.

I know people have their issues with these movies, but you have to admit that they did improve the image of the industry.

Then it all reverted back when Schumacher butchered Batman.

Not only that but the Spiderman film didn't help much either. There was a huge backlash of angry parents complaining about the 12+ certificate it had. The majority of press stories went and had a go, saying that "why would they put a 12 cert on a kids movie?" That REALLY p***** me off. The only big news concerning Spiderman was that it was a kids movie but kiddies couldn't go see it. Everything revolved around kiddies with Spiderman, utterly stupid.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 10:53 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowSorciere

I think it's terrible how they let Batman be 'childfriendly'. I mean he didn't even start out that way in the comics, they gave him a side-kick because they needed to capture an audience, due to a lack of ratings. But I like dark and kick a$$ batman

http://www.fanfiction.net/~demonicgambit

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 05:06 AM
ShadowSorciere is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowSorciere a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowSorciere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

Well there is a separate Batman comic for the kids which is not very good.

But there is also the main DC comics which are not for little kids.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:15 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The side kick idea is MOST inauspicious (proven in ROTJ) eek!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 03:16 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

we should start a petition for an NC-17 batman... or better yet R rated...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 10:57 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

wait, generally, i refuse to believe that anything R rated or even NC-17 is always mature.In my opinion, just because something is bombarded with vulgarity and almost ridiculous killings that are classified as action,it doesn't always happen to be mature...in fact...they seem rather stupid and childish to me...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 04:01 AM
Red Superfly

Jason X is a prime example of a stupid kids movie given an 18 cert just because it has blood in it.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 01:16 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blackwing

I think we should have a cartoon like the spiderman one on MTV

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 08:39 PM
Blackwing is currently offline Click here to Send Blackwing a Private Message Find more posts by Blackwing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

They did; it was a great show that spawned several animated movies, including Mask of the Phantasm, believed by some people on this forum to be the best Batman move ever.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 09:18 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SenshiNaka
Warrior Inside

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
They did; it was a great show that spawned several animated movies, including Mask of the Phantasm, believed by some people on this forum to be the best Batman move ever.

This may wreck the whole point of the thread but i loved that movie when i was younger, i would watch it like 3 times a day. Ill have to look around for it again, i wouldnt mind buying it.

"And I'm very sad about that. But some fellas are lucky, and some ain't." -Mr. Pink (Reservoir Dogs)

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:29 PM
SenshiNaka is currently offline Click here to Send SenshiNaka a Private Message Find more posts by SenshiNaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

yeah but i think the current Batman comics are not for kids

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 12:06 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

ash i never noticed your sig before, beautiful quotations...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 04:13 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

What moron would even market Batman towards kids???

Lets see, a kid watches his parents die in front of him, goes insane, and decides to dress up like a bat and beat up criminals.

Oh yeah, lets make a Disney movie about him!!!

Seriously, even the animated series was targeted at adults. I read a Bruce Timm article where he stated that he wasn't making a kids show. He was making a batman show for adults like himself, it just happened to be on the Kids WB. The censors made sure nothing too harsh showed up, but it was definitely not for kids.

What about Return of the Joker??? That movie had some seriously disturbing moments. Awesome movie, and totally not for kids.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 06:20 PM
Creechuur is currently offline Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

The thing is, there's two types of Batman. There's the old 60's Batman, which spawned that hilarious 60's TV show, and there's the older adult dark knight version.

People are still living in the 60's it seems. Ain't that the truth!!??

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 09:57 AM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

i don't think it's got much to do with the 60's series.It more to do with the fact that batman is a "superhero", an icon that 8 year olds drees up as for halloween and carry action figures of.The same problem is with Harry Potter these days.They have catagorised it as a "childrens" book and advertise it in a kid-friendly way and it seems as if the sole purpose of HP is because 5 year olds read it.PUH-LEASE!!!!! I don't know any kid who read HP and actuallyu understood teh word "quidditch". As for Bats, all the kids I know, know him as their action figure, an ultra super guy who dresse scarily and beats up bad guys!!!!!!!everybody else seems to have got that attitude towards batman too, which is a shame!

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 09:02 PM