KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Zelda vs Halo

Zelda vs Halo
Started by: DarkAnakin226

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Yeah yeah I know, it's not all on age. True, quality over quantity is very true...but...I hear no one likes Halo. No one talks about it anywhere, yeah they all play it at Burger Night (cafe I go to on Friday nights every month) but that's it.

Everyone I see, everywhere I go, Zelda Zelda Zelda! Fantasy is good, it's not real, it's fun, mysterious & in this case legendary. My friend today tells me he's finished Wind Waker but then...he did talk about Halo too & I was like "Oh yeah..."

It's strange, those were the only 2 games he spoke about..then I'm at this thread...

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 10:52 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Yeah yeah I know, it's not all on age. True, quality over quantity is very true...but...I hear no one likes Halo. No one talks about it anywhere, yeah they all play it at Burger Night (cafe I go to on Friday nights every month) but that's it.

Everyone I see, everywhere I go, Zelda Zelda Zelda! Fantasy is good, it's not real, it's fun, mysterious & in this case legendary. My friend today tells me he's finished Wind Waker but then...he did talk about Halo too & I was like "Oh yeah..."

It's strange, those were the only 2 games he spoke about..then I'm at this thread...

alot of ppl by me love it the alway want me to play it

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post May 28th, 2005 10:58 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

quote:
...but...I hear no one likes Halo. No one talks about it anywhere, yeah they all play it at Burger Night (cafe I go to on Friday nights every month) but that's it.

Sorry to poke fun at you but do you follow everyone around and listen to what they are talking about?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 04:40 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

Originally posted by Zen2nd
Sorry to poke fun at you but do you follow everyone around and listen to what they are talking about?

People I know... roll eyes (sarcastic) or I may over hear (don't know if that as happened though but it could.)
Originally posted by shadow12
alot of ppl by me love it the alway want me to play it

Which game?

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 05:30 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

It's all preference of genre... I have a friend who buys video games solely to blast the crap out of other things. I personally enjoy the puzzles as much as the action... So I'd go for Zelda where my friend would go for Halo. Zelda is made to be a single player adventure game, where Halo is made as a multiplayer 1st person shooter game. Don't even try to compare em...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2005 03:37 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

I perfer to play on my own, I pefer myself to be on my own too, if you know what I mean? When I play a game I have no one interfering, if it's someone who can't play it it annoys me, if someone who can play well then OK.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:36 PM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

i like zelda game because it makes you think outside the box

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:30 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

I don't know what that meaning means...well I think I did but forgot...I dunno! sad

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:27 PM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

thinking out side the box it mean think in ways you normally wouldn't

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:40 PM
Blue Dragon

Ah yes that's it. OK then back to topic! Zelda!

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 01:25 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

How can a game be better because there is more sequels? Then the Final Fantasy games must be the best ever plus the numerous Dragon Ball Z games. Not the stongest point now is it?

Sequels designate commercial success, something Zelda has definitely demonstrated over the years. Given time, Halo may (and most likely will) establish itself to fall into the same vein, but I think it is still too soon to say that it is a well established series. Let's see what they come up with in their next one or two sequels in order to determine if the formula gets stale or not. Zelda has always continued to raise the bar in its accomplishments: ranging from hidden second quests all the way back in the original Legend of Zelda to the transition from 2D to 3D in more recent years.

So, because of its innovation and varying styles throughout the years, I have to go with the Zelda series as the better of the two. However, if you want to look at a single game that best immerses you into a world and makes you feel like part of it, THEN I might give the slight nod to the original Halo. Series goes to Zelda, however.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:02 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

quote:
Sequels designate commercial success

*In Zim's voice* No they don't you fool! If that was the case the Army Men games would be dead and gone! Just look at his annoying face!

Attachment: amsh.jpg
This has been downloaded 50 time(s).

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:15 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

*In Zim's voice* No they don't you fool! If that was the case the Army Men games would be dead and gone! Just look at his annoying face!

I said commercial success, not whether or not they were any good.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:34 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

But Army Men wasn't successful in any mediam

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:35 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

You're confusing whether or not a game actually sold with whether or not the game was any good. Having over six sequels equates to some form of financial profits, especially when that was the core of 3DO's business model. They depended on it way too heavily, which is partially what led to 3DO's demise. But early on the series did sell well, which is why they considered putting more out after that.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:46 PM
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

quote:
But early on the series did sell well

Your joking right?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:47 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

No, I'm not. Check the sales figures if you can find them, or any history on 3DO.

Check the last paragraph on the following article:
http://www.elecplay.com/reviews_art...hp?article=4458

Also, a history of 3DO's corporate releases have some financial indicators buried in here, some with reference to how Army Men contributed to one of 3DO's few quarterly earnings reports that actually were positive.
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ti...mbol=US%3ATHDOQ

And June 1999 sales figures... back when Army Men was still in single digits in terms of versions released:
http://psx.ign.com/articles/068/068467p1.html

There's more scattered around, but just realize that Army Men didn't start off poorly from a sales standpoint at the very start.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 09:50 PM
Blue Dragon

What an ugly mug! sick sick sick At least Link is handsome... embarrasment eek! wink

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 09:58 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Oh, he's more than handsome...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 05:32 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

eek! You naughty person you... stick out tongue Wait that makes me naughty too... sad ...oh well..

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 04:26 PM