KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sidious Vader's father?

Sidious Vader's father?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Sidious Vader's father?

http://www.juicycerebellum.com/200511.htm

"In one fell swoop, Lucas reveals to us that he had a plan all along. No, Anakin isn't the sci-fi version of Christ. It turns out his mother was essentially raped, through the manipulation of Midicholorians by Darth Sidious"

Okay, this is from a review of the movie.

So......What the hell??? Anybody have dirt on this?

Old Post May 11th, 2005 04:59 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

well, he apparently tells Anakin that the Sith know how to create life and stop people from dying through manipulation of the force, but if he did in fact create Anakin, why on earth would he create something that full fills an old Jedi prophecy about destroying the Sith? Unless taking control of that situation early on, to stop it from accidentally happening during his rule was part of his plan, to elimate ALL contingecies the jedi could possibly have. But how would he know the Jedi would find him? Or even train him? It seems to raise more questions than it answers.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:07 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
macgeek2005

Darth Sidious: Dark Lord of the Sith knows all. He created anakin, in one way or another. He was controling the Jedi, that went to the Trade Federation Ship. He disrupted the comunications, so that they'd have to take a transport to coruscant, and he was the troops that damaged the hyperdrive generator on they're ship.

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:10 AM
Click here to Send macgeek2005 a Private Message Find more posts by macgeek2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

but how can he know they'd go to tatooine? and again, why create something that's destined to destroy you? There are a lot of very risky factors to control in that situation. and why tatooine? why not a planet in the core worlds? there are, again, a lot of questions that this raises. It will be interesting to see if Lucas addresses this in either an interview after the films release or on the DVD commentary...

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:13 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Who knows. One thing though the other reviews did not really mention this at all, so it could be assumed by the ones who read that.

Also in the script, Sids told Anikan he did not how to do it (the power to create life), and that they would work together to find out.

Part of me is feeling that this is an assumption, but another part of me is scared to death.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:19 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

The Sith had their own ideal Chosen One.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

I'm kinda of the mind that Palps made that whole thing up, knowing its what Anakin wants to hear, he's been lying and telling him what he wants to hear for 10yrs basically, so its not like I'd put it past him.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:22 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Or perhaps it was Sidious who spawned the prophecy, thinking to have his progeny raised by the Jedi, only to betray them. A fitting revenge.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:25 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I think it's a wild assumption by somebody who doesn't quite know what they are talking about

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:21 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

"Either that, or Palpatine is just making the whole thing up to bring Anakin over to the Dark Side."

im thinking along these lines too....

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:29 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

No, no, OH HELL NO. Sidious LIES, he is not Anakins father, nor did he use the force to create Anakin.

Anakin was created by the will of the force on its own. No Sith involvement.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:29 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

agreed!

and happy anniversary JP, saw yer post over in the Bar...

where'd you get that pic of mara? or is that even mara?

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:38 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
No, no, OH HELL NO. Sidious LIES, he is not Anakins father, nor did he use the force to create Anakin.

Anakin was created by the will of the force on its own. No Sith involvement.

Exactly, he is evil, he only tells Anakin exactly what he want to hear. Just like Anakin, he can probably since what happens to Padme, so he knows that whether his story is true or not, he wont need it.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:41 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dart Saber

Re: Sidious Vader's father?

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
http://www.juicycerebellum.com/200511.htm

"In one fell swoop, Lucas reveals to us that he had a plan all along. No, Anakin isn't the sci-fi version of Christ. It turns out his mother was essentially raped, through the manipulation of Midicholorians by Darth Sidious"

Okay, this is from a review of the movie.

So......What the hell??? Anybody have dirt on this?

You want to go home and rethink your life...

Old Post May 11th, 2005 08:28 AM
Click here to Send Dart Saber a Private Message Find more posts by Dart Saber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

IF (and I stress IF) Anakin were created by a Sith, I think it would more likely have been Darth Plagueis than Sidious, as Palpatine credits him with the abality to create life through the force in Ep.3, and how would he know this unless it had been done, and why would it be in the script if it weren't relevant in some way?
IF.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

yeah...its so lame...its just from that frikn line 'i need your help son'
people need to stop taking it literally.....

and why would palpatine zap his own grandkid in rotj? stupid idea really.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:10 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aluminum Falcon

Hmmmm. Meditate on this, I will.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

my opinion it that if Anakin was created by a Sith, he would already have been in training to become a Sith himself. Do you really think a Sith would let a kid with the highest level of midi-chlorians become a Jedi? I don't think so...

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:54 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i put this forward months ago as a theory and was hounded out of town by all the fan boys for being an idiot

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 02:14 PM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

Originally posted by Mist
yeah...its so lame...its just from that frikn line 'i need your help son'
people need to stop taking it literally.....

and why would palpatine zap his own grandkid in rotj? stupid idea really.

i live in a black neibourhoo...and everysingle black guy calls me "son" n they aint my dad!

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post May 11th, 2005 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote