KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sidious Vader's father?

Sidious Vader's father?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Say word son! laughing

Yeah, its gotta be more Sidious bs. More telling Anakin exactly what he needs to hear to turn. Palps knows that if Anakin is to turn to the darkside, he will need to hear something that he doesn't just want, but thinks he needs. And Anakin really thinks its desperately important to learn to stop people from dying after his new dream. Palps also told Anakin he'd become more powerful than Yoda some day when he was still not all that powerful, so I don't think anything he tells Anakin is meant to be taken as fact.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 04:48 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
Say word son! laughing

Yeah, its gotta be more Sidious bs. More telling Anakin exactly what he needs to hear to turn. Palps knows that if Anakin is to turn to the darkside, he will need to hear something that he doesn't just want, but thinks he needs. And Anakin really thinks its desperately important to learn to stop people from dying after his new dream. Palps also told Anakin he'd become more powerful than Yoda some day when he was still not all that powerful, so I don't think anything he tells Anakin is meant to be taken as fact.

I have not really heard anyone else talk about it so who knows. I am thinking it is assumed, its not even in the script

Old Post May 11th, 2005 04:51 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Listen...

I believe Sidious did create Anakin, a perfect apprentice with such high abilities. It was asked by mephistodesigns exactly why Tatooine would be the planet for Anakin to be born upon instead of a core planet... Here's why. If Anakin were born upon a core planet, the Jedi would've recognized him and have taken him in early!!! That's exactly what Qui Gon said in TPM.

I believe Sidious wanted Anakin to grow up and have attachments but later become a Jedi at an age much to old to begin the training. His training would at least put his "foot in the water" when it comes to using the Force. The early attachments of Anakin's would serve as his undoing and his lack of Jedi ideals. The seed of attachment was already within Anakin, all Sidious had to do was play upon that and Anakin could become his apprentice.

Someone asked why Sidious would zap his own grand kid... HELLO!!! This is Darth Sidious we're talking about here. The Dark Lord of the Sith! He killed his own master as many Sith do. Get a grip.

Besides, I think Lucas adding in lines about the ability to create life though the Force, and Anakin having no father is pretty obvious of what he wanted to imply.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:13 PM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
star22

This did not happen in the movie. It is not canon. It is an intriguing possibility, but it just isn't accurate.

I am the Dark Side~ Sig image by Tracyn

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:16 PM
Click here to Send star22 a Private Message Find more posts by star22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by star22
This did not happen in the movie. It is not canon. It is an intriguing possibility, but it just isn't accurate.

What do you mean "This did not happen in the movie?". Which movie are you talking about? And yes, Sidious tells Anakin about the Sith having the ability to create and sustain life-- that IS canon. Anakin having no father and being born of the Force alone is also canon.

Go back and watch TPM if you're confused and then reread the script to III.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:18 PM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
star22

That is canon. Sidious was lying, though. Yoda says this at the end. The Sith have never and can never have this ability.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:20 PM
Click here to Send star22 a Private Message Find more posts by star22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

This may answer a question I have had. This from a review of the movie I think done by a guy at TFN.

quote:
And there are two new bits of particularly interesting information that we're given in Sith - things that I have to say came as a bit of a surprise to me. The first is given almost in passing in the middle of the film, and not everyone I spoke with after the screening caught it. The second comes very near the end. Both will force you to reconsider the complete saga in something of a new light.

I have wondered what the first bit of information is? Maybe this is it.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:22 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
star22

The one at the end is what I just said.

I'm not sure what the first one is.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:33 PM
keYa

Sidious is a looser , make that clear in your head, he's near to death when he combats Windu , the dark side is more impressive but more crapy...

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:34 PM
Click here to Send keYa a Private Message Find more posts by keYa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
star22

He is not a looser.
He allows himself to be hurt by Mace in order go get Anakin to go dark. It was an act. He could have easily won.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:38 PM
keYa

you don't understand , we've talked of that before, Windu could kill Sidious , if anakin wasn't there , it's that which make the event tragic ...
It demonstrates that it due to anakin that the Sith won ...

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:42 PM
Click here to Send keYa a Private Message Find more posts by keYa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
star22

I don't agree. Anakin was the only one who could have killed Sidious. What is tragic is that he could have done it then and ended it but he didn't. Mace could never have killed Palpatine.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:45 PM
keYa

so explain me why when anakin wasn't there windu kicks palpy's ass ?
You think that palp fake the combat against saesse , kit ..etc ?
Palps knows only how hurt a person with a strike of lightning ...
And if you say to me " So why Yoda doesn't kick the palp's ass ? " I"ll answer you that Windu is a better sabermaster than yoda , knowing that he controls the Vapad art of combat

Old Post May 11th, 2005 05:55 PM
star22

Palp knew that Anakin would not be able to stay away.
Palp killed the other jedi easily.
If you read the novel, this is made fairly clear.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:24 PM
keYa

is it wrote in the book that palp is simulating ?

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:26 PM
star22

It's very heavily implied, though not said outright.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:29 PM
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Fellas, we're getting off topic here... but for the record, I agree with you, Star22. Sidious could easily beat Mace.

Anyways though, getting back to the topic, I feel that Lucas is implying that Sidious is Anakin's father by setting up the fact that he had no human dad and then have Sidious saying in III about the Sith's ability to create life-- story wise, this makes a lot of sense.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:41 PM
star22

At the end, Yoda says that Sidious was lying. He really can't do what he said he could do. Actually, he never says that he can. He says that his master could, which wasn't true.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:43 PM
TheElectricFox
The Assasin at Mach

NICE JOB USING SPOILER TAGS ADOBE!!! NOW THATS ALL IM GOING TO BE THINKING ABOUT FOR THE NEXT FREAKIN WEEK

How to fix gas prices?? Roll into Saudi Arabia and just take it from them!! We are the **** united states of AMERICA!!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:43 PM
Click here to Send TheElectricFox a Private Message Find more posts by TheElectricFox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by star22
At the end, Yoda says that Sidious was lying. He really can't do what he said he could do. Actually, he never says that he can. He says that his master could, which wasn't true.

In all seriousness (or should I say "Sidiousness", lol), what if Palps wasn't lying? How does Yoda know for sure that Plagueis didn't discover the ability to create and sustain life?

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:46 PM