KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sidious Vader's father?

Sidious Vader's father?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you guys and gals have it all wrong.. I am Anakin's father big grin stick out tongue

You got it on with Schmi? laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 08:53 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I hear she's great in bed.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 03:13 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

you guys and gals have it all wrong.. I am Anakin's father big grin stick out tongue

Which would explain why Anakin is a whiny sissy-boy.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

You? And she accepted it? Oh, I got it, that's why she said Anakin was made "by the force" Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Darth Angel
Oh, I got it, that's why she said Anakin was made "by the force" Happy Dance

AHA! laughing

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 05:17 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

By force?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 01:55 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 07:06 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

JP is liking it... a lot!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 08:34 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I been gone for awhile but I notice JP is still in Queeqs bed or rather hes in her bed is that by force?

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The force that binds us together... wink

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 02:03 PM
OB1-adobe

Re: Sidious Vader's father?

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
http://www.juicycerebellum.com/200511.htm

"In one fell swoop, Lucas reveals to us that he had a plan all along. No, Anakin isn't the sci-fi version of Christ. It turns out his mother was essentially raped, through the manipulation of Midicholorians by Darth Sidious"

Okay, this is from a review of the movie.

So......What the hell??? Anybody have dirt on this?

Wow I don't remember making this thread at all

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 08:21 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

The whole Coruscant theater scene with Anakin and Palps has so many things written all over it.

For one, pretty obvious that Palpatine was the one who killed Plagueis in his sleep. You can tell this by the close up of his face after he says it....his eyes, the thing he does with his tounge....the line he says afterward "Ironic, isn't it." Maybe all of this was confirmed or expanded upon in the books or something....but I don't read any of that garbage. I just stay true to the movies.

So if Plagueis learned how to influence midi-chilorians, and taught his apprentice everything he knew....that means Palpatine knew how to do it. To me this make Episode 1 really cool, because Qui-Gon says "There are no accidents" and Palpatine at the end tells Anakin "We'll watch your career with great interest." So everything was sort of "fate."

So many beautiful things that Lucas set up that were either just plained bashed for the saking of having something to complain about, or overlooked.

Having said that, after the theater scene, my interpretation was always that Palpatine was the one responsible for Anakin's birth....so in a way, that makes him Anakin's father, or father figure. And when you watch the prequels, Palpatine was in the background guiding Anakin. It was his master-plan all along, so it makes sense.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2011 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There are indeed many subtleties in these scenes. But since they never come to full fruition, nor do they have any effect on the outcome of the story, they seem rather irrelevant.

I like all these angles, but my complaint is more along the lines of Lucas not really using what he sows in these scenes. And if he doesn't use them, why sow them?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2011 08:07 AM
KaziQaleph

Anakin's birth

It was actually Plagueis who is believe to have influenced the creation of Anakin because it states in several sources that Sidious never learned how to manipulate midi-chlorians. When Plagueis discovered midi-chlorian manipulation, he informed Sidious, who became fearful that he was going to be cast aside and Plagueis would create a new, perfect apprentice, so Sidious killed Plagueis before he learned the skill.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2011 08:33 PM
Click here to Send KaziQaleph a Private Message Find more posts by KaziQaleph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Re: Anakin's birth

Originally posted by KaziQaleph
It was actually Plagueis who is believe to have influenced the creation of Anakin because it states in several sources that Sidious never learned how to manipulate midi-chlorians. When Plagueis discovered midi-chlorian manipulation, he informed Sidious, who became fearful that he was going to be cast aside and Plagueis would create a new, perfect apprentice, so Sidious killed Plagueis before he learned the skill.

I agree with most of that.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2011 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Re: Anakin's birth

Originally posted by KaziQaleph

And that's the issue, "it states in several sources."

But the only source I go by is the context of the actual scene that we saw in the movie...in my opinion, and although I know this isn't necessarily true, the movie is the official thing...and what you take from what you saw on the movie is what you get.

In the context of the scene from the "official" movie, and not all the other written books or video games and all that stuff, my individual interpretation at least, was that Plagueis learned to influence midi-chilorians, he told Palps how to do it, (hence why Palpatine says "He told his apprentice everything he knew") then Palps killed Sidious...like most Sith apprentice's do to become the ultimate power...and created Anakin to become the ultimate apprentice....the puppet that he could manipulate and control to do most of his dirty work.

But I guess that's the beauty of this scene. We only get just enough information out of it that the audience can form their own opinions on the creation of Anakin. I really love that, because from my viewpoint, it allows me to believe that Palpatine was the one who created him based on what we see from the movie, and not all the books and video game add ons.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Mar 4th, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2011 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, it's pretty open. But canonwise I think it's too bad Lucas doesn't use it more... Subtleties to seduce a very unsubtle Anakin... hmm....

Old Post Mar 4th, 2011 08:07 AM
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Okay, using only scenes from the "official" movie:

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together...I know we can discover the secret."

Basically, that translates to: "You know all that stuff I told you about my Master teaching me everything he knew? Well, I lied...I'm evil."

I don't think there's any other way to interpret Palpatine's disclaimer.

At that point, Anakin could've just cut off Palpatine's head since he knew he was lied to or play along - hoping Palpatine really knew a way to keep Padme alive. He played along and was corrupted by the Dark Side - just as Palpatine planned. Palpatine could sell ketchup popsicles to a woman in white gloves.

"For once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." Very true for Anakin.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I still odn't get why Anakin was so submissive all of a sudden... Palpy the Liar

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 09:27 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
Okay, using only scenes from the "official" movie:

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together...I know we can discover the secret."

Basically, that translates to: "You know all that stuff I told you about my Master teaching me everything he knew? Well, I lied...I'm evil."

I don't think there's any other way to interpret Palpatine's disclaimer.

At that point, Anakin could've just cut off Palpatine's head since he knew he was lied to or play along - hoping Palpatine really knew a way to keep Padme alive. He played along and was corrupted by the Dark Side - just as Palpatine planned. Palpatine could sell ketchup popsicles to a woman in white gloves.

You know what, that's a great point actually.

I remember at one point thinking the same thing to myself, but I wasn't thinking about that as of recent. Good point, you're right.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 07:20 PM