KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Matrix Online Release Date

Matrix Online Release Date
Started by: Crisis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

I happen to be in the beta test.
If this game keeps up, it should make one of the crappiest MMORPGS of all time, with a 14.99 a month price fee, and a release with no planned expansions, the fact there releasing it in June is wrong...
There is so much lag right now its almost unplayable, the buildings are nice... until you start going into every single one of them, it really takes out the fun of being able to go into every single building freely when all the levels are the same, same doors, same wallpaper, same rooms... horrible in that aspect.

The combat system is fast paced and confusing, with almost no explination im surprised ive played it as much as I have. I was super excited about this game, couldnt wait, tried for the beta, GOT IT... my expectations are non-existant, it hasnt even met my wire-fu combat expectations, as the lag makes a choppy finishing move.
The combat gets boring, as if your a tired gamer coming home from work, you still have to constantly be on your feet, quickly pressing buttons to perform actions, and heads up, if you dont press punch before the other player or NPC presses punch, your punch fails, his wins...
The fighting system is completely timed and special abilities are tedius and boring to use, they dont help, sure you can use stop bullets... when your as high a level as god, and super jump abilities in the game proove to be boring, and not so super, as you can only jump forward, and only a few paces, especially with the lag, your jump looks like more of a freaky circus act.

So far the game has nothing special, a couple missions here and there, constant pushing of buttons, lag lag, more lag, and buying clothes and new equipment is a hassle...
In a hurry, need to log off fast, parents yelling or you needa get to work or catch that favorite show? Well youd better set aside at least 10 minute before hand to actually log off, because you have to run all the way back to the phone, and even then the log off times are horrible, no folks, there is no camp or exit button, you have to be at a phone, and considering there only in major noobie areas or major cities, youve got a nice long run if your out on a mission.

Looked cool, I must say I was excited, gave it a few hours, got a trench coat I also got bored.

Yes, I and about 100 other testers did send in a full report on why the release date should be pushed back... you wanna be upset we decided this? You should be terribly happy, the game was crappy, in bad shape and definatly not ready for sale if it had been released when they said it would be, were pushing for a release date sometime during 2006, now... Theres very few missions, and attack repeats are getting horrible...
Seeing as how if your a martial artist, you use punch mainly, and your character does the same animation over and over and over again, grabs neck, punches face, grabs neck, punches face.
Also, getting to other towns is horrible, the run speed in the game is about 3 mph, and the music repeats, and repeats, and repeats. Animations are bad, missions suck as ive said, theres way to many bad guys, you go for one you get 10 ambushing you, and the guns are glitchy, when you fire they make a punching sound and the people arent affected...

TRUST ME... this is NOT a game you want coming out early, people are loosing interest in the Matrix franchise? Too bad. Because if they released it as early as you all want, especially you WOLFIE, whose brother, if he had really been in the pre-order beta, would have realized how horrible it is and needs to be pushed to even 2006, if this is the type of game you want under the Matrix franchises name, fine with me, however the testers and I will still be pushing for a 06 date.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Last edited by IRTMU-Dragon on Jan 14th, 2005 at 11:25 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 11:18 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

You know logic would tell you that there wouldn't be that many missions because they are saving them for when it actually comes out, but I guess you missed out on that. And what is this about no expansions planned? If you would actually know something about the game you are talking about, you would've known that they are releasing new aspects to the story arc by having new stuff being added and written constantly with no gaps of like 5 months that other MMOs have. Did anyone else see that DC comics is making an exclusive magazine for the game and in it they will give info about the continuing story going on in the game and have details and interviews with some actual players that are playing the game. The are really using all their resources to make this the best game possible.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 11:32 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Cal, you sound like a fanboy.
I was that too, thought this game would be excellent...
First of all, Cal31, if The MXO staff was only releasing about 6 missions per city, they would have told us that, they have a whole patcher/update system that releases all new info and plans for the game, seconf of all, New stuff?
Ive been in the test since closed beta, the only new things ive seen are bug fixes, theyve added NO new content to test, infact, theres been nothing in the new about even plans of this...

What storyline are you talking about Cal? THERES NOTHING going on in this game, you just run around and fight stuff, thats IT, there litterily is NOTHING else, sure, theres crafting, but its so glitched right now the pictures of the items you can create sometimes come out in there code format, like gun.mpq and stuff.

Cal31, I used to be that kind of optimist too about this game, believing everything they said theyd do... so far theyve proven they work very slowly, with minimal bug fixes and patch updates.

Why are you argueing with someone who is actually in the Beta test dude?
Also, lets challenge your great logic, say they hold off there other thousands missions theyve made so far, and wait for release... wouldnt these missions be filled with bugs and glitches since no one has tested them... Ever?
They release ALL content to beta testers so they can TEST it and send in feedback... theres no "were not letting you test this because its release only" Good news pal, nothing gets released without testing first.

The game im talking about, has had no new story arcs or anything of the sort being tested, its just a big empty city, bad guys everywhere no missions, and a few lamers running around spamming, ruining play time for everyone.

ALSO, that comic book thing, try City of Heroes, they send out monthly comics and stuff too, its not that special.

Last edited by IRTMU-Dragon on Jan 14th, 2005 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 11:45 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

That is exactly what I'm talking about. You have no clue about the ongoing story being written? Have you met Morpheus, or the Merovingian, or Seraph, or Sati yet? No, because they are not letting the whole story out to the beta testers so they can go ruin it for everyone else. A new part of the storyline would not determine glitches or lag, that is gameplay alone. You really have got to get a clue if you think that all they are going to have is people running around and that they have released the whole story for beta testers. The reason for beta testers is to check for bugs, glitches, and gameplay, not how good the storyline is.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 06:58 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

well I dont know anything about the matrix online so could that beta tester pleaseeeeeee put some screenshots online I mean of ur own experience eek!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 06:48 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Sure I can, but first I have to post about Cal's response.

Dude, even if its new story, it still has to be tested, trust me... I was hoping for a great game too but its JUST not ready to be released yet...

Ya dude, I have talked to morpheus, but the area hes in isent even named yet and its very laggy/glitchy, the game is junked out right now dude, its not ready.
If your talking about ingame event story lines such as machines attacking or something then that would require testing, all new events have to be tested by someone somewhere first.

Ok, this pic is of me opening the matrix online client... if it posts...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 06:49 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Here.

Attachment: mxo1.gif
This has been downloaded 87 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 06:50 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Heres after I have logged in through the client, this is the main loading screen into MXO, luckily I got a shot where it doesnt boot me from the server lag.

Attachment: mxo 3.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 06:54 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

This is my 4th character, the stupid game shut down my 3rd and my first, this is my main martial artist character and I have acess to most of the moves a higher level would because I am testing different spots of the game, anyways, this is the main screen right before you Jack in.

Attachment: mxo 4.jpg
This has been downloaded 87 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 06:56 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

After youve jacked in, you can expect to have a fun laggy enterance as The Matrix program loads, or the game actually loads... since the game is so glitchy and full of errors, this "Code time" or the term testers use to how long it takes for this phase to end before gameplay starts, it can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes.

Attachment: mxo 5.jpg
This has been downloaded 86 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:01 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

ovbiously, my code time finally finished, and with suprisngly low lag, I was able to demonstrate the opening of my inventory and I changed my red jacket to my trench coat, I also turned to face the phone exit... dont get used to them, theres about 2 in a 50 mile equivalent to real life area, you can expect log runs if you want to log out.

Attachment: mxo 6.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:06 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Heres me just randomly running around the world, not too much lag, but then again I only saw about 3 testers on.

At the top of the screen you can note my special abilites, and in a moment ill challenge some of those random thugs that spawn around town that you get ambushed by and die constantly from.

Attachment: mxo 7.jpg
This has been downloaded 81 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:08 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Im in the middle of a fight here, next scene ill deliberatly die to show u reconstruction, oh boy...
Then ill go back and show some gun fighting and more random running.

Also, notice the bar that popped up, those are all the special fight moves I can execute while in battle, such as punch, grab, kick, slam, flip over, ETC.

Attachment: mxo 8.jpg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:13 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

This is death, if the timer runs out itll auto matically do it for you.

Two more shots, the next one will be of a quick gun fight and then one last random picture.

Attachment: mxo 9.jpg
This has been downloaded 82 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:14 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Ok, here it is. Me doing some up close shooting attacks and stuff.

Last picture will be of me sprinting... I guess.

Attachment: mxo 10.jpg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:22 AM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

And finally, me running off.. into the? Sunset?
If there was a sun in this game >.<

Anyways, this has been my matrix picture stuff...
Dont challenge me again.

Attachment: mxo 11.jpg
This has been downloaded 81 time(s).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:26 AM
Clavis
HOT

OMG thanx I really appreciate it, I couldn't stop laughing at ur name though Meatwad is sooo random laughing good thoug thank you verry verry much I think this is a much better indication of what the game looks like then the screenshots on the matrix online itself.. they make it look way better on these screenshots which is a pitty really. Thanx so much anyways. It seems so much duller in real gameplay though. eek! THANXXXXXXXX

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:08 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Are you really joking? Why do we have to wait untill June?

Its been long enough already fs?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:09 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

no he is not joking, the game needs te be prepared well since there are allot of people who are gonna try and bring it down as in critics and stuff, as you can see for yourself its not such a spectaculair game afterall they need people to really want to play it. happy

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:53 PM
Peach
mordrem

Damn them bumping the date again...it was supposed to be out this week!!! miffed

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 03:18 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote