KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 3, guatam vs Khellendros (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 3, guatam vs Khellendros (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by gautam
i dont understand how you base streanth is soo powerful...whos power is that

Depends. If it's being increased with electron power, that would be Black Bolt. If it's kinetic energy, that would be Maelstroms power.

Originally posted by gautam
and one more thing that does not make sence is that how your charecter...even though being mr majestics mind can do maelstroms kinetic draing....it takes more time then 1 hr of preptime to learn it...and in the other treads there were many issues of how a charecter knw to use all his powers with only 1 mind...

I already explained this. In the Review and Confirmation thread, Evangel said we could create our own character histories, implying that the amalgams didn't have to receive their powers right before the fight. In the history I wrote and posted there, Majestic gained the other powers as a very young child. Thus, by the time of the fight, he has had a lifetime to learn how to use his powers. Basically, I found a loophole.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 09:28 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Khellendros
I already explained this. In the Review and Confirmation thread, Evangel said we could create our own character histories, implying that the amalgams didn't have to receive their powers right before the fight. In the history I wrote and posted there, Majestic gained the other powers as a very young child. Thus, by the time of the fight, he has had a lifetime to learn how to use his powers. Basically, I found a loophole.

While I would congratulate you on finding a loophole, part of me thinks this is wrong. This sort of thinking defeats the whole strategy of picking a "mind" from among your 3 characters, and also defeats most of the prep stuff. And the whole character history thing, I thought, was just for fun.

But rather than argue mindlessly, I'll PM Evangel and get back to everyone with the verdict.

-DM

Old Post May 15th, 2005 12:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, loopholes are great but to me, it's just cheating, and it takes the fun out of it.
You may be right though.

Anyways, guantam needs to post more, I dont really think he knows too much about his characters though.
Don't get me wrong, if I was to see the loophole, I'd do the exact same thing.
Just to me see it more of word play and an actual loop hole....i dunno good luck though.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 15th, 2005 at 12:55 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2005 12:46 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
While I would congratulate you on finding a loophole, part of me thinks this is wrong. This sort of thinking defeats the whole strategy of picking a "mind" from among your 3 characters, and also defeats most of the prep stuff. And the whole character history thing, I thought, was just for fun.

yeah, i agree..... if the history thing wasn't strictly for fun then it would have been a mandatory part of the tournament.... it wasn't and most people didn't post one.... (i think)

the whole point of having the prep time is because the characters are newly formed

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 15th, 2005 02:34 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

yeah the whole history and mastery over your powers puts you ahead of everyone else in this, so imo we should all have one or no one has one

Old Post May 15th, 2005 03:16 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

if your going to argue semantics and loopholes then you should realise you only get the mind of Mr Majestic... not Mr Blackstrom

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 15th, 2005 03:19 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Scoobless
if your going to argue semantics and loopholes then you should realise you only get the mind of Mr Majestic... not Mr Blackstrom

smile

I do realize that. This is Mr. Majestic's mind, having grown up with these other powers as well. The Majestros personality is still present, he's just more powerful than he is in comics.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 06:55 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Depends. If it's being increased with electron power, that would be Black Bolt. If it's kinetic energy, that would be Maelstroms power.

No.

I allowed you to post your history of your character for creative reasons, but in this fight the amalgams are created on the spot and are only allowed 1 hour to prepare and discover their powers.

Forever Young...

Old Post May 15th, 2005 10:35 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

laughing Oh well, it was worth a try.

As soon as he gets his powers, Blackstrom slowly feels his strength increasing. A look around with micrscopic vision shows him that he is drawing free electrons into himself from all around. He also sees that things are slowing down on a subatomic scale. He's sapping kinetic energy right out of the air.

First thing he tries is bettering his defense. For the first twenty minutes of his prep, he finds he can create force fields around himself and other things. Hammering on them gives him a good sense of their strength. Blackstrom also find out, by accident, about his voice. One destroyed landscape later, he's figured out it gets stronger the louder he whispers/speaks/yells.

For the next twenty minutes, he practice drawing in as much kinetic and electron energy as he can, firing itt of in blasts and creating biokinetic maelstroms around himself. He also discovers that abosrbing more eelctron energy in certain parts of his body increases things like speed and physical durability as well as strength.

At the end of that twenty minutes, it occurs to him that if he can control electrons this well, things like neural disruption/control, magnetic fields and even matter manipulation might be within the realm of his power. The final fifteen minutes is spent turning pockets of air into chunks of steel and stone, softening them without the use of heat, and turning them back to air. His microscopic vision helps him perfect these techniques faster, since he can watch the changes take place on the atomic level.

With the last five minutes of prep, Blackstrom amps his strength and speed, and launches into the strategy I posted earlier. He uses his newfound kinetic draining against Dr. Kallark, tears off his helmet, then either uses his full scream at point blank range, or jams him into the ground.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 11:52 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Question Khell...

I like the strategy and all, but where in any of your powers can you manipulate matter like that? Black Bolt's elctron stuff seems limited to his scream, augmenting himself, and creating shields and stuff (at least from Marvel's bio, which doesn't even mention matter manipulation), and I don't know much about Majestic but I didn't think he had those sort of powers either.

Sorry to be "knocking you down" during your battle but air-into-steel just shocked the heck out of me.

-DM

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do feel like we are jumping him, but I was going to say the same.

Steel into air?
C'mon.
Also, screaming takes as much out of BB as it does to others, so by screaming, you totally weaken your guy for the on coming fight.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:31 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I like the strategy and all, but where in any of your powers can you manipulate matter like that? Black Bolt's elctron stuff seems limited to his scream, augmenting himself, and creating shields and stuff (at least from Marvel's bio, which doesn't even mention matter manipulation), and I don't know much about Majestic but I didn't think he had those sort of powers either.

Sorry to be "knocking you down" during your battle but air-into-steel just shocked the heck out of me.

Did you read the link I posted for him? http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/terr.../BlackBolt.html

"He can also affect things at the molecular level with this power since he can modify electrons either free standing or bound within a substance. Black Bolt's has the ability to transform matter with this power. The amount of mass that he can transform has not been determined"

Off the top of my head, some feats of matter manipulation: created an anti-matter bomb to use against a massively powered up Graviton, in a flashback was shown to create toys like rattles and bells and such when he was still in the crib, softened the ground under Mandarin which caused him to sink, made the air around a villain too thin to breathe, created a robe out of thin air for the Thing.

Originally posted by long pig
Also, screaming takes as much out of BB as it does to others, so by screaming, you totally weaken your guy for the on coming fight.

Since when?

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:51 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

k...cool. The first time I tried to access the link you provided it didn't work. That's why I tried Marvel's bio. I stand convinced.

-DM

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:56 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

k...cool. The first time I tried to access the link you provided it didn't work. That's why I tried Marvel's bio. I stand convinced.

Cool. smile

EDIT: Thught I'd give people an idea of the power his forcefield has. The bio says a field can deflect the full mass of an MX missile traveling at top speed.

The Peacekeeper (MX) ICBM:

Weight 195,000 lbs (88,450 kg)
Length 70 ft 10 in (21.6 m)
Diameter 92 in (2.34 m)
Range Over 6830 mi. (over 11,000 km); 6000 mi (9600 km) [Janes]
Speed 15,000 miles/hour (24,000 km/hr; 6.7 km/sec)

Last edited by Khellendros on May 16th, 2005 at 01:07 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:58 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Alright, well voting has to start sometime, right?

I'm hoping gautam comes back on and gives me more to think about, but for now, I vote for Khellendros. He's the only one this battle with a completely thought-out plan and decent counter-arguments (and I have yet to see someone show and/or tell me exactly what Dr. Fate can do).

Also hoping to move things along...I'm getting anxious for my match to start and to get the first round completed. So I vote Khell.

-DM

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:07 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Since when?

Since always, Black Bolt always nearly passes out or gets extremely weak when he yells or does more than a whisper.
Check the issue where he fights Hulk, after basically a loud whisper he callapses.
Thats one major reason why he doesn't use it all the time.

I'm going to wait for Gautam to say something, because the guy hasn't really even tried, so you'll more than likely get my vote.
Tomorrow.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:20 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by long pig
Check the issue where he fights Hulk, after basically a loud whisper he callapses.

Uhh, which issue? They've fought a few times.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:24 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll have to find it, it's been posted on the BB vs Hulk thread.

It's common knowledge BB is weakened when he uses his voice.

I won't add anything else or I'll be helping G'.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:41 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I do realize that. This is Mr. Majestic's mind, having grown up with these other powers as well. The Majestros personality is still present, he's just more powerful than he is in comics.

the Mr Majestic you chose for the tournament was not a Blackstrom variation.... nothing about Black Bolt's abilities in the bio you provided.... Mr Majestic and Mr Blackstrom clearly have different histories and abilities.... they are not the same character

good try though

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 16th, 2005 06:14 PM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Gautam hasn't really made an argument yet, so I think I'll wait till he comes back before I vote.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:45 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote