KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Star Wars Versus StoryTime!

Star Wars Versus StoryTime!
Started by: Jack Daniels

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 32 33 [34]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

UH no I'm broke, scratch the PC

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 02:55 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Im still on unemployment checks and no side biz...sorry dude

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2009 06:08 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I must make a public apology ...myself and another GREAT poster in this thread had a business plan but I failed due to medical bills...my $$$ pile ran out fast....but the stories do not need to die...as palps said if we werk 2gether we can discover the secret..no secret here but just wanted to use a SW quote..lol..you can read thru and see SO MUCH potential...kmc brings the best! please you guys and gals write the stories! PLEAAASSEE!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 09:16 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRSundown
Loke Groundrunner Rocks!

I'll start writing again if you keep making those very nice sigs and continue to update your animated gif with more of the same...lol...

Two Galaxies... One Battlefield.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 12:32 PM
TRSundown is currently offline Click here to Send TRSundown a Private Message Find more posts by TRSundown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

The sundown GOD is back!...I must see about getting this thread restored to its birth place....sorry dude for callin u the sundowngod..lol.. I dont worship u but it is damn damn good to see u...lol...maybe if I let them alter a couple things maybe we can get this back into the star wars area...damn its good to see u brutha!...please keep posting and for heavens sake post a good one (story) for us!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 06:43 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

made me watch star trek 2! the wrath of mom..lol..no thats dr detroit 2..lol..wish they would make that!

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 11:55 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Ahhh Star Trek... I totally forgot. I muuust complete Nexus... but I can't as I have no-computer. ;(

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 01:12 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

someone give Reaper a pc and someone pay TRS so they will both start writing again!!!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 06:48 AM
TRSundown
Loke Groundrunner Rocks!

LOL... I dont need to get paid to write again... I need someone to clone me so I can send one clone to work and the other to school so I can focus on my writing...

Dont worry JD, as long as you keep your avatar giggling and your sigs busty I will stay around... and eventually I will post another story.

Two Galaxies... One Battlefield.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 04:46 PM
TRSundown is currently offline Click here to Send TRSundown a Private Message Find more posts by TRSundown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

The Vaarpec Incident
By Kevin Traynor

Prelude

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Silence. Deathly silence. The wispers of but a thousand words would not have changed the fact that the silence remained. The last marker between life and death is that death really has no sound.

Kilvan Harrn watched as blaster bolts flashed passed his falling body, and as bodies dropped, and were flung into the air all around him from concussion grenades. The screams he could not hear of the men and women dying around him, perhaps, he thought, because his own scream was loudest in his ears. He could feel the stony earth as it rushed to greet him in an almost animalistic fashion. Mid-fall as he was, the bite of the dirt through the fabric was stinging, yet he could not really feel with any certainty.

As his vision faded at the edges, he caught a last glimpse of his killer.

Ruby energy bladed dark lord of the Sith, Darth Vader, stood towering over his victim. His mask that of death. Cold like the cold washing over the dying man right beside him.

As Harrn's head hit the dirt, he had a tingling feeling grow up his spine. He assumed was the blade of the dark lords lightsaber as he finished the kill.

Quickly his vision faded and so too did the battle...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:40 AM
chilled monkey

Darth Bane vs. Darth Krayt

Darth Krayt opened his eyes and slowly stood. The healing trance he had just come out of had left him feeling refreshed, even more so than usual. He felt ready to take on anything.

As he put on his helmet he felt a sudden surge in the Dark Side. Concerned by this he threw open the door of his meditation chamber and stepped out into the corridor. The scene that greeted him was of two of his Sith followers, a male Falleen and a female Bothan, lying dead, their necks snapped. Towering over them was a man, clearly their killer.

The man was tall and heavyset, dressed in black armour and robes with a curved lightsabre at his belt. The lights gleamed off his bald head and his face wore an expression of scorn. He radiated Dark-Side power.

The man glared at him “Another Sith pretender” he growled.

Krayt hadn’t recognised him at first because there were no orbalisks on him, but now he did so. “Lord Bane?”

That seemed to anger him further. “Feel the power of a true Sith!” He flung up his arms, unleashing a barrage of purple lightening from his fingertips.

Krayt was surprised, but he reacted in time to raise his hands and block the lightening. As Bane ceased his attack, the armoured Sith responded with his own blast of lightening. Bane caught it in his hands and turned it aside. Arcs of energy flickered over the wall for a second and then vanished.

Bane reached out and curled his hand into a fist as he sought to crush his foe’s neck the same way he had done with Qordis. Krayt felt the incoming telekinetic attack and called on the Force, using its power to shield himself. The other Sith was surprised but immediately masked it.

“So you do have some power after all” Bane admitted. “But that won’t save you.”

“Cease your attack and stand down” said Krayt firmly. “I am the Lord of the Sith now and I have survived threats you could not dream of.”

Bane laughed humourlessly. “You and your kind are a mockery of the Sith. That is why you must be destroyed.” He lit his lightsabre and charged.

Krayt ignited his dual blades in time to block the sequence of attacks. From his studies of both Jedi and Sith combat techniques he knew how to adjust his parries to counter the different angles of attack caused by the hook-handled weapon. Even so he was forced back by Bane’s assault. The other man was incredibly strong, both in the Force and physically, and his use of Form V capitalised on this to the full. Wielding two blades meant that Krayt couldn’t put his full weight behind his blocks, forcing him to give ground before his foe’s powerful blows.

Bane kept up his offence. His unfamiliarity with the two-handed fighting style was a problem, but as long as he kept the pretender from counterattacking, he was confident he could win.

But Darth Krayt was a veteran of the Clone Wars and a seasoned combatant. He stayed on the defensive, remaining calm and waiting for an opening to present itself. As Bane brought his weapon down in an overhead strike, Krayt whipped up both his lightsabres and crossed them to form an X, catching Bane’s lightsabre between the two crossed blades. Before he could disengage Krayt kicked him in the stomach. The blow forced him back several steps, giving Krayt enough space to go on the attack.

Now it was Bane who was driven back as he struggled to defend against the unfamiliar sequences. While not on the level of Kas’im, there was no denying that his opponent was an excellent swordsman. However he still had a trick up his sleeve…

Bane leaped backwards, using the Dark Side to propel himself through the air. At the same time he reached out through the Force.

The fight had carried them past the two weaklings he had slain earlier. Now as Krayt raced to attack again, Bane lifted the weapons of his beaten foes telekinetically into the air, ignited the blades and sent them hurtling towards his enemy’s armoured back.

Now pretender he thought. Fall before the weapons of the Dark Side, Cunning and deception.

But Krayt leaped to the side as if he anticipated the attack. At the same time he touched the flying lightsabres with the Force, adding his own power to their flight so that they accelerated.

The first lightsabre struck Bane in the shoulder. The second went right through his heart. He stood for a moment with a look of confusion on his face as if he wasn’t sure what had happened. Then his hook-handled weapon slipped from his fingers, the blade winking out, and he toppled over. He laid still, eyes fixed open.

Extinguishing his own lightsabres, Darth Krayt peered down at the body of his vanquished foe. By all rights he should have needed to return to the stasis chamber after that battle. Yet he felt strong, as if his foe’s passing had released a wealth of dark energy that left him reinvigorated.

Elation filled him. Today he had proven his legitimacy as a Sith Lord and the legitimacy of One Sith.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 07:01 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Maris Brood vs. Darth Maul

Since Darth Vader’s apprentice had spared her life, Maris Brood had been trying her hardest to turn away from the Dark Side of the Force. She sat cross-legged, attempting to meditate as Shaak Ti had taught her. It was not working. Despite her best efforts serenity eluded her.

An image came to her. In her mind’s eye she saw the rancor graveyard where she had fought the Apprentice.

She opened her eyes as the brief vision faded. She wasn’t sure what it meant but she felt sure that she needed to go there.

Maris looked around, taking in the sight. She closed her eyes briefly, a wave of guilt washing over her as she recalled taking Senator Organa hostage. He was right she thought unhappily. My master would be disgusted with me.

She sensed a sudden dark ripple in the Force and turned to see a form step out from behind a rancor skeleton. It was a Zabrak dressed in a black robe, gloves and boots. His face was covered in red and black tattoos and his eyes burned a fierce yellow.

She recognised him from the stories her master had told her of the Sith Lord that had killed Qui-Gonn Jinn. The name Darth Maul formed in her mind.

Darth Maul drew his lightsabre, a red blade emerging from either end. Maris drew her guard shotos and ignited them. She raised her weapons to ready stance, gripping them by the side handles so that the blades lay along each forearm.

Maul sprang forwards, striking at her with uncanny speed and ferocity. She fell back, using her weapons defensive cover to block his blows. She tried to counterattack and get in close where her guard shotos would be most be most effective, but he easily fended off her efforts.

Without warning Maul broke off his barrage of lightsabre strikes and kicked her in the stomach. She sailed backwards and hit the ground hard. As she lay gasping for breath Maul leaped into the air, spinning his weapon like a propeller.

Desperately she rolled to the side just in time as the scarlet blade sliced into the ground. Maris threw a leg sweep that sent Maul to the ground but he immediately rolled out of her striking range. Both of them flipped to their feet.

What are you waiting for? a voice seemed to whisper in the back of her mind. Call on the Dark Side. Use your fear and anger. It’s the only way to survive this.

No Maris, don’t! This time the voice was that of Shaak Ti. The recognition sent a thrill of joy through her.

She didn’t abandon me! Despite what I’ve done she hasn’t given up on me!

Her clarity renewed, Maris stood perfectly still as Maul slashed at her head. She blocked the blow with one shoto, striking simultaneously with the other one and flicking the blade out so that it extended past her fist. The blade sliced through Maul’s hilt and one blade shrank away.

Casting aside the severed half, Maul gripped his remaining weapon and attacked again. This time however, faced with the more familiar single blade, Maris was able to fight on more even footing. They fought around the graveyard, their blades flaring brightly as they clashed together.

Maul feinted a strike at Maris’s hip and then swept his blade up at her head. Letting the Force guide her, she moved out of the way and trapped her foe’s blade between both of her own. With a sudden twist she yanked it out of his grip and used the Force to send it hurtling away.

Before Maul could recover she stepped forwards and swept his ankles out. He toppled over and fell. Before he could get up, her crossed blades were at his throat. He looked up at her for a moment and then faded away.

Maris deactivated her guard shotos and stood up, feeling as if a weight had eased. “Thank you, master Shaak Ti” she whispered.

She turned and walked away, feeling more at ease than she had in a long time. She wasn’t completely rid of the Dark Side, but she was getting there.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 03:23 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Ahsoka Tano vs. Darth Stalker

It was supposed to have been a simple mission. Republic Intelligence had uncovered experiments by the Separatists to develop a transwarp generator that would make current hyperdrives look like a snail’s pace by comparison.

The mission was simple. Get in, get out. At best with the generator, at worst destroy it. Unfortunately, it hadn’t been that simple.

Anakin and Ahsoka had gotten ambushed by an army of Battle Droids and had somehow gotten separated. Now Ahsoka found herself facing a droid squad in a corridor. She grinned as she easily dismantled them. “Sorry tinnies, not your lucky night” she bragged.

Her grin vanished as a sudden Dark Side presence hit her like an icy breeze. She spun around…

What she saw made her stop as if she had been turned to stone.

The figure before her wore black and grey body armour the likes of which she had never seen before. It consisted of flexible, ribbed plates over his torso and a high, metal collar around his neck. Steel talons were grafted directly to his fingers. A mask, similar to an Ubese helmet, covered his face. Six lightsabres were fixed to his belt. In his hand was a seventh, this one lit. Its scarlet blade glowed brilliantly. Hatred radiated from him in almost tangible waves.

She shook her head. I’ve fought Grievous and Assajj Ventress she thought. I can take this guy. Aloud she said, “Okay masky. I’ll scrap you just like your droid friends.”

He didn’t reply, merely stood there. She shrugged, raised her lightsabre and charged.

Ahsoka darted from side to side, striking here and there with her blade, confident that her speed and small size would allow her to get under his guard.

But her opponent blocked every blow without even needing to move his feet. His every movement flowed smooth as oil; a model of deadly grace and machine-like efficiency. Fighting down her fear, she stepped back, shifted her grip and attacked again. Again he blocked each attack with ease, barely needing to move. Her heart sank as she realised he was toying with her. Her only chance was to run.

Before she could do so, the masked warrior flicked his wrist slightly and she flew backwards as if fired from a cannon. Ahsoka smashed into the wall, causing starbursts of colour to explode in front of her eyes. Her lightsabre clattered to the floor as she gripped her skull in agony, certain it had been cracked open by the brutal impact.

Invisible hands seized her and lifted her into the air. Ahsoka tried to struggle as her foe deactivated his lightsabre and moved closer, but she couldn’t move even an inch. She tried to say something defiant, but her throat was held shut.

The figure studied her for a moment and then sliced open her throat with one of his clawed fingers. Blood gushed from her severed arteries and she twitched feebly for a moment before her head slumped forwards and she was still.

He let Ahsoka’s body drop, picked up her lightsabre and silently walked away.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 01:20 AM
chilled monkey

Callista vs. General Grievous

Callista had accompanied Djinn Altis on a humanitarian relief mission to the planet Thustra. Unfortunately the Separatist army had launched a surprise attack on the Republic forces still stationed there and they had gotten caught in the middle of it. On the outskirts of a small village a fierce battle now raged.

As she deflected blaster fire back at a squad of battle droids she saw General Grievous duelling with a Rodian Jedi. She finished off the last of the droids and hurried to help. It was clear that the Jedi was hopelessly outmatched and the cyborg was merely toying with him. With a sudden twist of one blade he disarmed his foe and bashed him in the face with his other weapon, knocking the Rodian off his feet. He was raising his lightsabres to administer the final blow when…

“Leave him alone!”

Grievous looked up from the Jedi he had just been about to dispatch. Before him stood a woman with grey eyes and long malt-brown hair dressed in a flight suit. She held a lightsabre with a topaz yellow blade. It was clear to his well-trained eye that she knew how to handle it.

“Ah good, two Jedi for the price of one” said Grievous. He raised both his blades, one blue one green, to a ready stance. “I’ve never seen a lightsabre that colour before. I’ll be pleased to add it to my trophies.”

Callista said nothing, merely stood her ground and waited. She sensed the electronic impulses flowing through his cybernetic circuitry, felt the power of his hydraulic limbs. It was the same sensation she had felt while observing sharks. He was a predator, eager for the kill and perfectly designed for it.

Grievous sprang forwards in a blur of motion, his two blades striking with terrifying speed and power. Callista parried each blow, their weapons colliding in bursts of brilliant light, but was forced back by the relentless assault. She remained fully defensive, not wiling to risk an attack and leaving an opening her enemy could exploit.

Even as she gave ground Callista remained calm. She couldn’t win purely through her prowess with a lightsabre; that was certain. But there were other ways to fight, other weapons to utilise if one knew where to look. Through the Force she sensed a mass of trees close to her. A distant part of her mind recalled what she had learned about this world’s flora and fauna. Inwardly she smiled.

She blocked two overhead slashes, her topaz blade hissing against her foe’s blue and green weapons, and then threw herself into a back-flip. The movement carried her to the beginning of the tree-line. She felt through the Force for one particular species. Yes, there it was

Grievous threw a series of a series of high attacks that she deflected, and then, as he dropped low and slashed at her ankles, she leaped high and touched down on a branch. Undaunted, the cyborg also leaped up, dug his talons into the bark and began to climb up towards her.

Callista glanced at a mushroom-like fungus as big as she was. One slice from her lightsabre cut through its stalk and it fell. She subtly used the Force to direct its fall towards Grievous. He slashed at it with his two blades, releasing a cloud of orange spores that engulfed him.

“Arrgh” he growled as he swiped at the cloud. “Your tricks won’t save you…”

His voice trailed off as patches of rust rapidly spread over his armour. He looked down at himself in alarm and tried to continue his advance, but his metal joints were already seizing up.

“This species of fungus produces spores that are highly corrosive to metal” she explained. “Didn’t you know that?”

Unable to support his weight, Grievous’s rusted legs snapped and he plummeted towards the ground. His head slammed into a large rock and the weakened metal skull collapsed in on itself.

Callista dropped to the ground and glanced at the dead general. “Evidently not” she said as she hurried to help the injured Jedi.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 03:13 PM
Aklis
Evil frickin' Sith Lord

This was originally posted on fanfiction.net, written by me, and was supposed to be a continuation of the KotOR-series, following both Revan's quest to the Unknown Regions and the Exile's search for him. It'd also have the pair of them learn more of the Sith'ari and the True Sith Empire.

Anyway. Enough of that, it's just a retelling of Revan and Malak's fight at the end of KotOR.

Prelude

The man who once was known as Revan, and now as Jacen Carver, stepped through the double durasteel doors, both lightsabers in his belt. Clad in his customary black, loose-fitting leather, he eyed his former apprentice who was staring out through one of the large windows in the room.

"Ah, Revan. I was sure that the droids of the Star Forge would prove better than you," Malak said, turning to face Jacen. "But I was wrong, and soon you'll wish that you were killed by them instead of defeated by me."

"You and what army, Malak?" Jacen scoffed. "Bastila's power was fueled by the Star Forge, and yet I proved the better. I was the stronger of us two before, and I still am."

Malak laughed, his metallic voice bouncing between the walls. "You were strong before the Jedi Council turned you into their puppet. You are only a shell of your former self. I would rather die than be weakened by the Light!"

"Well then, that can be arranged."

Malak's red blade burst out of the hilt, and in one quick motion he leapt down from the platform where he had stood, bringing his lightsaber down at Jacen's head.

Jacen responded by activating his own lightsabers, lifting both of the blue blades above his head to parry his foe's attack. Following his parry up with a swift quick kick to Malak's chest, he sent the unnaturally pale giant sprawling across the floor.

"Get up." With those words, he lifted Malak off the ground using the Force, slamming him down into the floor twice before throwing him into a wall.

Malak, however, rose as if nothing had happened. Activating his saber again, he laughed again.

"I underestimated you, Revan," he said. "But you are still a pathetic weakling compared to the might of a true Sith Lord!"

"Still waiting for proof," the cocky Jacen said, taking a few steps in Malak's direction. "Feel free to back out if you want, though."

Malak, using the Force to push his body to it's limits, was over his former master in the matter of a few seconds, but his lightsaber was deflected by one of Jacen's and soon the other whirring saber was less than an inch from biting into Malak's leg, but it was prevented by a strong blast of the Force that sent Jacen into the wall. He was up on his feet before Malak could attack and came in with a flurry of deadly strikes, keeping Malak at the defense at all times. Thrusting out with one lightsaber against his former apprentice's leg and the other coming at him in a deadly arc towards his pale head, he would've finished it if it weren't for the lightning that sprang from Malak's fingertips.

Jacen clenched the twin sabers in his hands as the jolt blasted him into the wall, and barely managed to cross his own sabers and push Malak's incoming blade to the ground. Raising his leg to deliver a kick powered by the Force, he sent the Sith Lord sprawling across the floor for the second time that battle.

Malak got up on his feet and instead of charging at Jacen, he jumped onto the platform where he had stood before the battle had begun.

"Perhaps you recognize them?" he said, motioning for the large glass-containers that kept the fallen Jedi alive. "Pathetic weaklings from the Academy on Dantooine, who fell by the bombardment." Jacen felt how the weakened Sith Lord used the Force to drain the energy from the closest Jedi, and the body slumped to the ground.

"Stealing energy from others? Can't take me without help?" Jacen taunted. "Poor little boy."

The former Dark Lord had just finished his sentence when Malak came at him furiously. Now it was Malak who forced Jacen to defend himself and not the other way around. Jacen certainly didn't like it.

Jacen backflipped out of reach and rolled forward again, lunging with both lightsabers held in a 'V' as he got up, he effectively regained the advantage for only a moment. That moment, however, proved to be enough to give Malak a burning slash across his forearm. The wound wasn't deep enough to do any severe damage, but it forced Malak back to drain the energy of a second Jedi.

Jacen, however, was soon on him again, coming at Malak's left shoulder in a wide arc with one lightsaber, while letting the second remain in a position where he easily could parry any of the Sith Lord's attacks. Malak parried by angling it so that the tip pointed downwards and raising it to his shoulder.

Stepping to the right, positioning himself by Malak's left shoulder, he slipped the lightsaber in between the unnaturally pale man's own saber and his body. They both knew that Jacen had won.

Letting deadly lightning fly from the fingertips of the hand he didn't use, Jacen soon had Malak laying on the metal floor.

"Im... impossible. I... I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith," Malak spat.

"This is the way of the Dark Side, Malak - all things end in death," Jacen replied, turning his lightsabers off and fastening them to his belt.

"Still... still spouting the wisdom of the Jedi, I see. Maybe there is more truth in their code than I ever believed. I... I cannot help but wonder, Revan. What would have happened had our positions been reversed? What if fate hade decreed I would be captured by the Jedi? Could I have returned to the Light, as you did? If you had not led me down the Dark Path in the first place, what destiny would I have found?" the Sith Lord asked.

"I am sorry I started you on this path. But you chose to continue down it."

"I suppose... I suppose you speak the truth. I alone must accept responsibility for my fate. I wanted to be Master of the Sith and ruler of the galaxy. But that destiny was not mine, Revan. It might have been yours, perhaps... but never mine. And in the end, as darkness takes me... I am nothing."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 09:41 PM
Aklis is currently offline Click here to Send Aklis a Private Message Find more posts by Aklis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

An’ya Kuro vs. Aurra Sing

An’ya Kuro peered down at the flower in front of her. She smiled as she saw how well it was growing. Indeed, her garden of rare and endangered plants was coming along very well.

Her smile abruptly vanished as the Force warned her of incoming danger. She ducked just in time as a blaster bolt flew over her head and exploded on the ground several feet away, sending clods of dirt up into the air. Reacting quickly, she reached into the Force and used it to bend light around her. She shimmered and vanished.

From her perch on a tree branch, Aurra Sing scowled. “Damn it! I knew it wouldn’t be that easy.”

She felt a sudden surge of power and turned to see a rock hurtling towards her. She moved out of the way, realising a fraction too late that it wasn’t aimed at her. The rock smashed into the barrel of her rifle with sufficient force to bend it. She threw the ruined weapon aside and leaped into the air, somersaulting and landing on her feet with her red lightsabre at the ready.

“Come out teacher” she called. “You know you can’t hide from me.”

She turned to see the air shimmer as An’ya reappeared. She held her lightsabre but did not ignite it. Her expression was calm but wary. “Hello Aurra.”

The bounty hunter smiled coldly. “Now I think about it, this is much better. Looking into your face as you die will be a lot more satisfying than a sniper shot.”

“I don’t want to hurt you Aurra.”

She shrugged. “That’s okay. You can just stand there while I kill you.”

She stepped forwards and swung her weapon. The attack was fast but An’ya’s violet blade was there to block it. Sing stepped back, spun and slashed from the opposite side. That too was blocked.

Reluctant to attack her former pupil An’ya stayed on the defensive, deflecting jabs, thrusts and slashes that would have slain a lesser fighter. “It doesn’t have to be like this” she said through gritted teeth.

“It’s the only way it can be.”

“As you wish.” She retaliated with a rapid volley of high and low strikes. Surprised by her sudden aggression Sing was forced to give ground, although she parried each blow.

Red and violet blades clashed together in bursts of bright light as they fought around the garden. Sing’s skills had improved since their days of sparring together, but so had those of her former teacher.

Sing parried a chop, locking their blades together. She slammed her knee hard into An’ya’s stomach. The white-haired Jedi staggered backwards and Sing pressed the attack with a downwards slash. Recovering with remarkable speed, An’ya brought her lightsabre up in time to block and then landed an elbow to Sing’s jaw, followed by a kick to her torso.

Sing fell back, but turned her fall into a roll that carried her back out of striking range. She sprang up, ready to renew her assault…

But to her surprise, An’ya was not approaching. Instead, she stood with her lightsabre held in front of her, eyes closed in concentration.

Abruptly, a mass of vines came to life and wrapped around Sing. Snarling angrily she fought to break loose, but the vines hold was too strong.

“Why Aurra?” said An’ya firmly. “I know we were never close, but why did you turn on the Jedi? What made you hate us so much?”

“Maybe it was the fact that you sold me into slavery” she spat.

“What? Aurra, that’s not true…”

“LIAR!”

A shockwave of Dark Side energy blasted outwards from her, shredding the vines that held her and forcing her former teacher several steps back. And then Sing was charging forwards, her face twisted into a look of murderous fury.

Well-honed reflexes took over and An’ya brought up her lightsabre to bat away Sing’s weapon. The violet blade arced around and sliced deep into her rib cage, searing through flesh and bone.

Sing fell to her knees, shock etched onto her face. She looked up into her opponent’s face to see a look of sorrow and deep remorse. “I’m sorry Aurra.”

In the Force An’ya felt her student’s passing. Just before she expired she sensed a sudden rush of feelings. Greatest amongst them were remorse and forgiveness.

An’ya Kuro stepped back and surveyed her handiwork. She had buried Aurra Sing att he foot of a tree with pink blossoms covering the branches. Colourful flowers had been placed gently in front of it.

“Goodbye Aurra” she whispered softly. “I’m glad you found peace.”

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 02:27 AM