KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » How do you think Tom Welling would look in the SuperBoy costume?

How do you think Tom Welling would look in a SuperBoy's original costume?
This poll is closed.
Fantastic 5 33.33%
Not that good 4 26.67%
He would look horrible in that suit!(give him classic Superman suit) 6 40.00%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How do you think Tom Welling would look in the SuperBoy costume?
Started by: Zod4Life

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
skiiboyz342
The Hidden Identity

tom wellings would not look good like that it would look sick and wrong not just sick but sick and wrong!!!!!! blink

I MAKE UR LIFE A LIVING HELL IF U LIKE TOO!!!
DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF ONE BEING OVER 10 MILLION OTHERS!!!!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 07:30 PM
skiiboyz342 is currently offline Click here to Send skiiboyz342 a Private Message Find more posts by skiiboyz342 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chronic
i agree
geez...smallville fangoys/girls never change,they say supes could beat anyone
oh yeah in hush batman couldve wooped supes without the K-ring and if i recall big blue has died and bats hasnt, nuff said

There's this really cool, amazing concept called context that I really think you should try to understand sometime. See: while the statement that Superman has died and Batman has not may be true, that's deceiving at best. Do you think Batman would have defeated Doomsday? If you do, you're wrong. Plain and simple.

This isn't a fanboy speaking- I like both Batman and Superman, and if pressed to choose between the two, I'd probably ultimately pick Batman as the cooler of the two. The reason that he's cooler, however, is precisely the reason that there is simply no goddamn way he could ever even come close to defeating Superman: he's human.

Unfortunately for Batman, the fact that he's human puts him at a sizable disadvantage in some pretty key areas, such as (lack of) super strength, (lack of) super speed, (lack of) shooting heat rays out of his freaking eyeballs, and (lack of) flight. Sure, he has gadgets that can whip out, but unless his gameplan involves sneaking up on Superman with a truckload of kryptonite--a nearly impossible task, given Superman's super hearing and x-ray vision--he's simply far too handicapped by the fact that he's not an alien with freakishly unfair powers to have any chance. While I agree with you that brains defeat brawn, the difference in brawn is simply too massive (not to mention that Superman is by no means an idiot).

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 06:46 AM
mtryder is currently offline Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hotjiggaman

he would look good in it. the show is making him look good in it as the show it going. he would work himself into a costume

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 11:06 PM
hotjiggaman is currently offline Click here to Send hotjiggaman a Private Message Find more posts by hotjiggaman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

superboy? i don't think he should EVER have anything to do with superboy to be honest, it should go from Clark to Superman, no midpoints, nothing in between. he should decide (like in the movies) that he needs to be superman. (after Johnathan dies) i hope they show him in the supes suit in the final eps. even if its only for a second, it must be done, and Tom Welling must know that him in the suit is inevitable.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:38 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drakeprimeone

Im not a regular here but thought I'd put in my two cents since Im fairly knowledgeable about DC character story lines. If Smallville decides to follow the modern comic book story line, both of Clarks parents are still alive while he is an adult so not to worry there. In older versions of Superman his parents die before becoming superman and incidentally he has all his powers from birth.
Obviously the Smallville TV show tweaks with the Superman story line a bit since he shouldnt meet Lois or Luther until he is in metropolis as Superman. Putting him in the classic Superman suit he would look a little odd, especially since he looks like a kid, but then again imo the closest resemblance to Superman is still Chris Reeve. The current version of Superboy doesnt wear a supersuit at all and is actually quite a human looking costume. Its Jeans with a black Tshirt with a red S logo. I think that would work for Tom in the TV series.
As for Superman VS Batman..... Put them both in a ring going fist to fist Superman wins easily. Give Batman different surroundings, time to plan, and gadgets... he wins. Besides the Hush story line there are story lines where Batmans intellect and gadgets take out the entire Justice League (Tower of Babel).Current Superboy Costume

Last edited by drakeprimeone on Oct 19th, 2005 at 09:56 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 09:43 AM
drakeprimeone is currently offline Click here to Send drakeprimeone a Private Message Find more posts by drakeprimeone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uber_Jedi
The Jedi who pwns all

SuperBoy Costume=CRAP!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:45 AM
Uber_Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Uber_Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Uber_Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote