KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Republic Admiral

The Republic Admiral
Started by: exanda kane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

Worried The Republic Admiral

I was watching one of the KOTOR 1 movies and I noticed something strange. . .

It happens in "Bastilas Dream" or something, aboard Revan's ship. We see Batila defeat a Dark Jedi and ready to face Revan. But before we see him we see a Republic Admiral being force choked to death by the Dark Lord.

Why is there a republic Admiral on his ship and more exclusively on his bridge?
Surely he wasn't part of the Jedi strike team?
How the hell does he get there? confused

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 15th, 2005 06:54 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ridah
Living in Sin

.:'~':. it was allll a dream... you saw no admiral there.:'~':. see now you don't know what the hell to believe What the f**k?

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:02 AM
Click here to Send Darth Ridah a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ridah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I believe he was probably there for dramatic effect. Perhaps a fallen Republic officer who served on Revan's ship, and he killed the man just because he could.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:03 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ridah
Living in Sin

yeah, what he said

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth Ridah a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ridah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Don't think so...

I think that was the guy that piloted the ship or that he was cloaked and tried to kill Revan.

You shouldn't really wonder about why he was there but how he got there? Surely the Dark Lord would have a heavily defended ship and an admiral should not be able to get there, that is unless of course Revan wanted them to come on board so he could capture or kill Bastila....

Anyways the guy was probably just the pilot of the ship or some guy who used his influences to be allowed to go on board, so that he could try and kill Revan. He probably hates Revan.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 16th, 2005 09:48 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ridah
Living in Sin

mabye he WAS part of the boarding party that was on Revan's ship, jedi's need someone to draw away blaster fire.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 10:25 AM
Fishy

Exactly, so if he was part of the boarding party how come he survived? How could a normal person survive on a ship filled with guards of the dark Lord, Dark Jedi and Sith trooopers?

Answer: He couldn't

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 16th, 2005 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

My only thought is that he was a cpative and used for the drama and to show off Revan. . .

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:02 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

A captive? Why would Revan let a captured officer go to his bridge so that he could choke him in front of the Jedi makes no sense...

I think he just piloted the ship and went on board with the Jedi. The reason he got that far was probably because Revan wanted them to get that far so that he could capture Bastila. The Republic officer was probably not in his plan but it didn't hurt either.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:05 PM
exanda kane

No offense, but your joking right?

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:06 PM
Fishy

About what? Revan trying to capture Bastila? The republic officer being the pilot of the ship? Joking about what?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:08 PM
exanda kane

It just seems like your looking into things a bit too much, I know I started the thread but thats a bit weird . . .

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:09 PM
exanda kane

Anyway, Jedi are good pilots anyway

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:09 PM
Fishy

Why?

How else would you explain it?

Why the hell would Revan allow those guys to come on board in the first place? A militairy genius would be smarter then that

A small landing craft can surely be shot out of the air, seeing as he is the Dark Lord he could send an amazing amount of Dark Jedi to the craft to kill them before they land. If Revan was scared of them he could have left his ship and have ordered Malak to blow the ship up killing the Jedi, but he didn't.

He let them live, he let them land, he let Bastila the only one that could give the republic a chance against him come to him... He wanted to turn her, thats why those Jedi got that far. Thats why Bastila came that far, thats why the Republic officer got that far. Because Revan wanted Bastila...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:12 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, the reason I don't think he was a cloaked officer is because he didn't decloak while being sensed and choked, which would have had a higher dramatic effect value.

I doubt a non-Force sensitive Republic admiral or officer got past any amount of dark Jedi. He was obviously on board for some reason.

But I don't think he was a boarding party. Makes no sense. Look at my sig. Hard to see, since it's small and crappola quality thanks to the KMC restrictions on homemade sigs... but there's two bodies. The choked officer and the dark Jedi Bastila killed. No other Republican forces. It's unlikely they would have been able to break through the lines of Sith, even cloaked.

And since many Republican officers had changed coats and served the Sith now, it would not be odd for one decked in regalia to be the captain of the particular ship Revan was on. And it was a small ship, too. The bridge was half the size of the Ravager's. Now, Saul wears Republic admiral's garbs. He does not wear Sith uniforms, because really, for admirals, they don't exist. Not that I recall, anyways... and I would hope that I would recollect if there was an exception. But I believe that Revan watched as his lone sentry went down, probably merely testing Bastila. He killed the admiral so he would have swinging room, and readied himself for combat.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Why would he kill the Admiral? Seriously it makes no sense, killing the Admiral of your ship is not a smart move, he has to be skilled anyway.

And you are right he couldn't have gotten past the Dark Jedi, thats because their weren't any at least not a lot of them so that the Jedi would make it up to the bridge. And yes I know there aren't any more forces, but you are not going to send a long an army of troops into that Ship. It won't work everybody knows that, the ship will need a pilot however and not every Jedi is a great pilot. Revan still lets Carth fly.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 17th, 2005 06:41 AM
Darth Ridah
Living in Sin

fishy, you're an a$$hole, read the posts.... its a REPUBLIC admiral, Revan does not have those on his ship. No harm done just think about it.

Look at the force, thats MY shit, bask in it. But don't forget who let you be where you are............. .:'~':.ME.:'~':.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:17 AM
Fishy

What I said about him killing his own Admiral was in a reply against Janus saying that the guy may have served on Revan his ship..

Read before you reply, idiot.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:14 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Revan was an accomplished pilot, though. In fact, he doesn't need an admiral. At all. Why?

- Revan was a swoop champ. He knew the basics. I would imagine he could run a small ship. I'd say that ship he was on was the equivalent of a sloop or even a small frigate.

- If Sion can run a whole damn ship with meditation, Revan should be able to move hordes of them.

- Revan doesn't need the tactical expertise of an admiral. That's a redudant job.

I can fully understand why Revan would murder the captain or admiral of the ship he was on...

- Because he could.

- Because it was a nice dramatic display for the approaching Jedi.

- Because he needed the saber room.

- Because he didn't want to give that ass a raise.

- Because he didn't need the guy.

- Because his ship was pretty much engaged, the idea of having an admiral or captain is useless since the crew is engaged themselves and the engine room would doubtless be under siege. Revan had let himself be painted in a corner. And to prove that he was not afraid of his situation, he murdered his remaining crew member, leaving only him and four Jedi.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:51 AM
Fishy

Sounds nice really... But WTF?

You said yourself that Revan does not need an admiral, why would he get one then? Why would he have an admiral in the first place?

The objective of the Jedi was to find and capture Revan, not to murder the entire ship. Something they would probably try to avoid because it would kill to many of them. If they had any kind of brain they would run for the bridge right away and get Revan. With Revan in your possesion the rest isn't going to attack as fast. Giving the Jedi an exit with less casualty's, besides why in heavens name would you throw yourself into a hard battle before fighting the hardest battle of your life? Whats the use?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 18th, 2005 09:47 AM