KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « First ... « 105 106 [107] 108 109 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The 360 was analogous to a high-mid level PC at the time of its release almost 5 years ago. Now it's way lower than that.

It's true what you said though, MS wanted 360 to be dev-friendly and they succeeded in that.

No, high-end at the time of release to compensate for the intended lifespan. It's high-mid now, years later.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 10:31 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by CosmicComet
....Reach is very average looking, its not even that good looking for simply the 360 front.

Killzone 2, let alone 3, is far above it.

God of War 3? It has better character models than Mass Effect 2, better textures than Gears 2, and far grander set pieces and bosses than either in scale.
lol

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 10:41 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by General Kaliero
No, high-end at the time of release to compensate for the intended lifespan. It's high-mid now, years later.

360's GPU is 3 generations behind and its CPU is some 2.5 generations behind today's stuff. Though what's high-end, mid, or low can be pretty arbitrary. If you compare the 360 to the general-purpose PCs you see at electronics stores, then the 360 still kind of keeps its head above water, but if you compare it to the bleeding-edge gaming PCs enthusiasts build, the 360 is nowhere even close to high-mid.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 11:22 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Keep in mind that computer hardware "generations" tend to last for about 6 months, if that. PCs are both the best and worst of tech progression, because you can always trade a module up for something better at nearly any time. The flip side being your brand new computer can be outdated in weeks if you don't pour money into upgrading it.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 11:43 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
360's GPU is 3 generations behind and its CPU is some 2.5 generations behind today's stuff. Though what's high-end, mid, or low can be pretty arbitrary. If you compare the 360 to the general-purpose PCs you see at electronics stores, then the 360 still kind of keeps its head above water, but if you compare it to the bleeding-edge gaming PCs enthusiasts build, the 360 is nowhere even close to high-mid.

No console keeps up with the extreme high-end PCs for more than a few months, though. A year tops. The PS3 is also out-performed by most PCs, too stick out tongue That's simply how it works with consoles.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 11:45 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Keep in mind that computer hardware "generations" tend to last for about 6 months, if that. PCs are both the best and worst of tech progression, because you can always trade a module up for something better at nearly any time. The flip side being your brand new computer can be outdated in weeks if you don't pour money into upgrading it.

Yes, but if you get a beefy PC from the get-go, you will be set for a pretty long time. Unless you're one of those people who just have got to have the newest and the shiniest at all times. In that case, you better have a fat wallet. I usually get a new PC once every 2 years and I consider myself to be somewhat of an enthusiast. I go for the high-end, but not the bleeding-edge.

Originally posted by Peach
No console keeps up with the extreme high-end PCs for more than a few months, though. A year tops. The PS3 is also out-performed by most PCs, too stick out tongue That's simply how it works with consoles.

All true indeed.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 12:06 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Great line-up coming for the PS3!

Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, InFamous 2, Little Big Planet 2, Uncharted 3, Kingdom Hearts 3, Mass Effect 2

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 03:07 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I stopped reading after Little Big Planet.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 03:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I'm not particulary interested in most of those. I want inFamous 2 and KH3, personally. LittleBigPlanet didn't cut it for me.

But yeah, that lineup will sell really well.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 04:00 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Already played ME2 on 360. InFamous 3 is all that really matters.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 04:02 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. lmao @ having another Killzone though.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 04:26 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yep. lmao @ having another Killzone though.

What's wrong with Killzone?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 11:50 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It sucks, especially the 1st one.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 10:54 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah, Killzone blows, even by generic FPS standards.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 11:07 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Great line-up coming for the PS3!

Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, InFamous 2, Little Big Planet 2, Uncharted 3, Kingdom Hearts 3, Mass Effect 2

erm

oh yeah your interested in Killzone 3, Resistance 3 but on the other hand you rant on about how much you hate FPS......

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 09:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I'm the one that rants on how much I hate FPS. Unless he does it and I don't know about it.

Just don't confuse him with me I guess is what I'm saying.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 06:08 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

But you are both so alike!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 06:09 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

AsbestosFlaygon sounds like an incredibly intelligent and sophisticated person.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 06:18 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
erm

oh yeah your interested in Killzone 3, Resistance 3 but on the other hand you rant on about how much you hate FPS......

If they're on the PS3 and not 360 though, his hatred for FPS automatically diminishes.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 02:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'm the one that rants on how much I hate FPS. Unless he does it and I don't know about it.

Just don't confuse him with me I guess is what I'm saying.

Nah him too.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2011 06:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote