KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « First ... « 106 107 [108] 109 110 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yeah, Killzone blows, even by generic FPS standards.

Maybe you should stick to playing Tribes Halo, and not share your embarrassing opinions with anyone?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 12:49 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Maybe you should stick to playing Tribes Halo, and not share your embarrassing opinions with anyone?
He actaully has a point. at least with Killzon 3 which became Dutyzone

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 12:54 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Peach
A rather large number of people do buy it primarily for the blu-ray, though. A significant enough number that the system has half the software-attack rate as the 360. You saying "I don't think so and I did this" does not change the numbers.

This is an old post but:

That is a misconception. The PS3 actually had a higher attach rate than the 360 for the 2009 fiscal year. The 2010 fiscal year isn't over until April, so we can only speculate on what the attach rate for the 2010 fiscal year was, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony was ahead again. Either way "half the attach rate" isn't even remotely accurate. I suppose that if we looked at only American sales figures, the 360's attach rate might be higher (the PS3 is like the metric system, it scares Americans) but World Wide that PS3 had a higher software attachment rate than the 360 the last time data was shown.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:11 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Maybe you should stop being a fanboy.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:39 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Maybe you should stop being a fanboy.

Says the guy who thinks Reach is graphically comparable to God of War 3. laughing

Did you have trouble seeing the screen through your replica Spartan Helmet while you were playing GoW3?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:52 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Do you have trouble with basic logic?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:55 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Do you have trouble with basic logic?

Watch me use logic! Your signature is of Master Chief. Your location is "Reach." Also your opinions are skewed towards the 360 with fanatical zeal of an peerless X-bot. Reach (like every Halo on the 360) is graphicaly below the current average. It doesn't even look as good as the first Gears of War... and yet you think it's graphics are comparable to God of War 3. Hence: obvious Halo fanboy who's opinions hold very little validity. Boom, logic at work!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:02 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Short answer: Yes you do have trouble with basic logic!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:04 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Now now children, please calm down.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:05 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Short answer: Yes you do have trouble with basic logic!

Before I make fun of you some more, what do you believe is the inherent "logic" behind your delusional belief that Reach's graphics are comparable to God of War 3? Do you have trouble parsing simple visual information, because anyone with even partially working eye sight can see God of War is 20 times more impressive visually than Reach.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:17 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Before this goes any further, let me just say that I wasn't aware you were capable of talking like someone who isn't twelve years old. Posts such as these:

Made me think otherwise. Are you ready to have a discussion with me like a big boy? If you're not, then we won't. I dont' really care how smart you think you are, I don't care about the topic at hand nearly enough to have a conversation with someone who is going to mud sling at every turn in his posts.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Mar 1st, 2011 at 02:26 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:24 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Before this goes any further, let me just say that I wasn't aware you were capable of talking like someone who isn't twelve years old. Posts such as these:

Made me think otherwise. Are you ready to have a discussion with me like a big boy? If you're not, then we won't. I dont' really care how smart you think you are, I don't care about the topic at hand nearly enough to have a conversation with someone who is going to mud sling at every turn in his posts.

Yes, because my post is more akin to the childish rhetoric of 12 year old than your "Yeah, Killzone blows, even by generic FPS standards," a string of one word "lol" post, and the classic rebuttal "You're a fanboy!!!!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:30 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah, a personal attack on someone is much more childish than a general statement of opinion aimed at no one in particular. That is generally how it works in the adult world.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:36 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yeah, a personal attack on someone is much more childish than a general statement of opinion aimed at no one in particular. That is generally how it works in the adult world.

You perceive someone calling your opinion embarrassing, as a personal attack? And having register that as a "personal attack," your response is "you're a fanboy!!!"

Do you always work this hard not to be taken seriously?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:42 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Do you always work this hard to be an obnoxious jackass? Obviously, I'm wasting my time. We're done here.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:44 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Killzone has a very generic premise, leaving aside any technical merits it might have. Space setting: cool. Human Nazi-like enemies: generic. Tech and art direction: cool but also generic at the same time.

Never underestimate the fans value for the world building, nevertheless it has enough fans for it to have 3 games or maybe more.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 06:37 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Do you always work this hard to be an obnoxious jackass? Obviously, I'm wasting my time. We're done here.

We can never be done Jimmy!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 10:37 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samirerre

we need a new neogeo
seriusley NOW

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 04:51 PM
samirerre is currently offline Click here to Send samirerre a Private Message Find more posts by samirerre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Peach
A rather large number of people do buy it primarily for the blu-ray, though. A significant enough number that the system has half the software-attack rate as the 360. You saying "I don't think so and I did this" does not change the numbers

This is an old post but:

That is a misconception. The PS3 actually had a higher attach rate than the 360 for the 2009 fiscal year. The 2010 fiscal year isn't over until April, so we can only speculate on what the attach rate for the 2010 fiscal year was, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony was ahead again. Either way "half the attach rate" isn't even remotely accurate. I suppose that if we looked at only American sales figures, the 360's attach rate might be higher (the PS3 is like the metric system, it scares Americans) but World Wide that PS3 had a higher software attachment rate than the 360 the last time data was shown.

Great, and who is right now? You guys should really post sources, otherwise I will be forced to Google it myself.....and no one wants that.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 05:01 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I do.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 05:09 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote