KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « First ... « 107 108 [109] 110 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Are you ready to have a discussion with me like a big boy? If you're not, then we won't. I dont' really care how smart you think you are, I don't care about the topic at hand nearly enough to have a conversation with someone who is going to mud sling at every turn in his posts.

Cool story bro.

Anyways, what you guys think about the PSP 2?

On a side note:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4216/...mp2-benchmarked

If the the iPad 2's MP2 can do so well... it makes me wonder what the PSP2's MP4 can do.
That will be a screamer.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 08:36 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Depends on the battery life. I really could give less than a shit about PS3 level graphics if its only got a battery life of like 4 hours.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 12:37 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Reach (like every Halo on the 360) is graphicaly below the current average. It doesn't even look as good as the first Gears of War...

Jesus Christ... And you are calling him a fan boy?!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 02:50 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Just cuz I could, I looked at the Halo and Gears games back-and-back, and still couldn't make sense of what he said.. What do you suppose his definition of the "current graphic average" actually is?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 07:06 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I dunno.

But seriously, to say Reach is worse graphically than the first Gears of War is kind of a not very truthful statement.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 07:14 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

MAYBE YOU GUYS SHOULD GET OFF BUNGIES' DICK AND TAKE OFF YOUR FANBOY GOGGLES

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 12:11 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

So, I just compared both games.

I'm no fan of Gears of War or Halo.
But srank is kinda right, Gears of War 1 does have slightly better graphics than Reach imho.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 07:14 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

DS dominated the other consoles by far, and the new one looks like it's gonna repeat that domination.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 07:33 AM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
So, I just compared both games.

I'm no fan of Gears of War or Halo.
But srank is kinda right, Gears of War 1 does have slightly better graphics than Reach imho.

So this really has better graphics than that? 'k.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 08:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
So this really has better graphics than that? 'k.

Meh. Gears looks nice for me in actual gameplay.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 08:14 AM
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

To be honest, I stopped playing console games when PS3, XBOX 360, and Wii came out. Games just aren't that fun anymore. When online was a thing of the past, they actually put in a lot of effort into their games. When the "next gen consoles" came out, they tried to focus on the visual aspects of the game to try and call themselves truly next gen, but they left gameplay elements in the dustbin. It's like they're playing safe with every game coming out now, because of the big growth in gaming population.

It just sucks to see a lot of kids say "this <next generation console game> is the best game ever!" without really ever playing anything else. I tell them to play something like Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Then they come back and you can tell by the look of their face and hair that their minds have been blown.

What I'm really saying is, you guys can be "fanboys" all you want, but don't let that deprive you of some great games that came out in the past.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 11:03 PM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Zelda Ocarina of Time really isn't that impressive from a gameplay perspective, though. It was fun, but not ingenious or anything.

That being said, "fun" is in the eye of the beholder. Halo and Call of Duty repeatedly break "copies sold" records. Almost every release there's some new sales record being broken, even though the sequel is the same game as the previous one.

So really, are game makers playing it safe, or are they just doing what they're supposed to be doing, which is make games that people want to play?

Last edited by Tzeentch on Mar 24th, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 12:31 AM
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Zelda Ocarina of Time really isn't that impressive from a gameplay perspective, though. It was fun, but not ingenious or anything.

That being said, "fun" is in the eye of the beholder. Halo and Call of Duty repeatedly break "copies sold" records. Almost every release there's some new sales record being broken, even though the sequel is the same game as the previous one.

So really, are game makers playing it safe, or are they just doing what they're supposed to be doing, which is make games that people want to play?

The game mentioned isn't spectacular now, but back then. Ocarina Of Time, or even Super Mario 64 were marvels back when they first came out. Spectacular visuals (yes, these were great graphics back in the day), a complete world (almost free roaming material), good storyline (well, pretty cliche but good enough), great gameplay (fiendish puzzles, etc.).

The thing is, the games these days have traits borrowed from games made back in the past such as these, which has kinda dulled the originality of games. I don't mind that, but when people say that "this is the best game ever" without taking into consideration the originality of the reason why they love the game, then ultimately that which made the gamer love the game in the first place eventually belongs to that game and not the original. It's like they claim ownership of that trait, and when they hear about the original, they immediately give it the shove because it isn't "as good" as the game the person loves, hence the reason why I said what I said. /rant

There are some awesome games back in the day. That's all I'm saying. Well, maybe not. But yeah.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 07:25 AM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

PC will always win the next gen battle.

PC's are already 1 generation ahead now. For about a year now.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 06:46 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Sony

Old Post May 9th, 2012 09:00 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
PC will always win the next gen battle.

PC's are already 1 generation ahead now. For about a year now.

It may have better graphics as it always has been, But then again you have to put up with all the DRM bullshit with PC and their are some games that are on the consoles that never make it to the PC.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 09:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

The Wii U is suppose to be running it's graphics is 1080p! So I am pretty excited for this system

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 01:54 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's some screenshots released for Arkham City Wii U

doesn't look as good on it.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 02:15 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Wow 1080P!

That one resolution that the other two systems have had for half a decade!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 08:27 PM
Peach
mordrem

Except that 90% of PS3 games aren't 1080p...stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 08:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote