KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hooverman

the ps3 controller looks like a boomerang big grin

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 04:27 PM
Hooverman is currently offline Click here to Send Hooverman a Private Message Find more posts by Hooverman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Great for playing games AND defending yourself from rampaging kangaroos...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 03:50 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

lol, is it backwards compatible,

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 10:30 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fantazy
King of GFX

PS3 will own them all the same way PS2 did. I mean, just look at it!!! And yeah, the controller is two-in-one, controller and weapon wink

Need a sig? PM me.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 04:25 PM
Fantazy is currently offline Click here to Send Fantazy a Private Message Find more posts by Fantazy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

its 2 in 1?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 04:54 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
))TrAuMa((
Space Cowboy

Controller and weapon! duhh!......PS3 is ganna own all systems!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 06:55 PM
))TrAuMa(( is currently offline Click here to Send ))TrAuMa(( a Private Message Find more posts by ))TrAuMa(( Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

thank you this is obvious by now right?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 06:56 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its not.

How can it be?
Nothing is out now.

Dont take Sony's position as king of consoles coming into next gen too much. Any company can go down. Also, Sony looks prime to be taking down by the XBOX. I am more intrigued from MS has to offer with its online than any sort of power and entertainment Sony has.
Both systems have generally the same amount of power, so I think the online will take over. Its pretty awesome what MS has for that, and PDZ and Gears of War look more promsining than rehash of Sony staples.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 05:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
))TrAuMa((
Space Cowboy

Killzone 2 online will be awsome! and The cell processor for the PS3! i just think ps3 will take over but that is just my opinion and i could be wrong!......but i dont think i will be.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:13 PM
))TrAuMa(( is currently offline Click here to Send ))TrAuMa(( a Private Message Find more posts by ))TrAuMa(( Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I agree, but its that people were using the "power" excuse for not buying a playstation system, but now that it has that and versatility, it should do as good or better than ever.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 12:49 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Its not.

How can it be?
Nothing is out now.

Dont take Sony's position as king of consoles coming into next gen too much. Any company can go down. Also, Sony looks prime to be taking down by the XBOX. I am more intrigued from MS has to offer with its online than any sort of power and entertainment Sony has.
Both systems have generally the same amount of power, so I think the online will take over. Its pretty awesome what MS has for that, and PDZ and Gears of War look more promsining than rehash of Sony staples.

mmmm... Perfect Dark Zero... eek!

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:17 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Killzone 2 MP?
Yeah, like anybody knows anything about it. it could be monkeys throwing banana's at each other for all we know.

Well, history doesnt show that the system with the most "power" wins out. PS2 won the console race but had less power than the other three. So now because its the most powerful, Sony fanboys thinks it will be the best. Power doesnt mean anything at all. It means its going to be the most expansive, which isnt good sometimes. People who did buy the console used the less power because it was cheaper than the XBOX. You might just see a reverse in people buying the console.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:08 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hooverman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Killzone 2 MP?
Yeah, like anybody knows anything about it. it could be monkeys throwing banana's at each other for all we know.

Well, history doesnt show that the system with the most "power" wins out. PS2 won the console race but had less power than the other three. So now because its the most powerful, Sony fanboys thinks it will be the best. Power doesnt mean anything at all. It means its going to be the most expansive, which isnt good sometimes. People who did buy the console used the less power because it was cheaper than the XBOX. You might just see a reverse in people buying the console.

u have a point but more people ended out with XBOXs

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:06 PM
Hooverman is currently offline Click here to Send Hooverman a Private Message Find more posts by Hooverman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Microsoft still loses money on each xbox they sell so it really dont even matter.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 11:49 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

they... lose money for selling?.. o_O.. how does that work?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 02:42 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Works when it costs more to make it, and you sell it for a cheaper price then it costed you to make it.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 02:49 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

yep yep yep, nice sig and avatar

I love wolves.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 03:24 AM
dvampire
xenogears

PS3. Because PS2 had better games IMO. smile

Made by DW

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:50 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Thanks for giving economics 101. I think Sats question was rhetorical.

Every console company makes no money from the sale of a console. They make most of the money from licensing fees that they charged to the guys who make the game. What would a company rather do. Sell a console for 100 bucks and make no profit from the actual sale, but make 10 bucks per game copy sold. For 5 games a person buys, the company has made 50 bucks profit. Multiply that by a million purchasers for just 5 games. Thats 50 million bucks right there.
Whats more viable?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 06:51 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sorry, i tried to edit the above post, and it took too long. heres a much better example. (Damn 15min rule)

Sell a console for 100 bucks and make no profit from the actual sale, but make 10 bucks per game copy sold. 5 people buy the same game for 10 bucks, company gets 5 bucks each copy sold due to fees. Thats 125 dollars profit. On the other hand, 5 people buy 1 console each for30 bucks, company gets 15 dollars from each console. Thats 375 profit. Its look much better but remember, those 5 people already have the console so the company will only make 375 bucks from them.
But what if those 5 people in the first scenerio each buy another game, thats 250 bucks. It will continue to increase until the stop buying games, which they will because thats the reason why the bought the console in the first place. Understand?

Money is made from software sales, not hardware. Why do you think theres alot more independent developers on the PC?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 07:08 AM