KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Hmm I sorta see.. I was sorta thinking it meant , since most of microsofts fanbase already has an x-box.. that people who bought an xbox currently are less likely to purchase the 360, so they'd be losing money in that sense.. but Im not really big on economics.. or math for that matter messed

also.. were you referring solely to the reduced price of the current gen consoles? or does this apply to the brand new consoles as well? (like in the 250 to 300 dollar range)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Jun 17th, 2005 at 08:52 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 08:48 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I think we simply mean the big 3

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:49 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

Microsoft make millions on Xbox Live as far as I know

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:54 AM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yes they do indeed, the next big console sony was going to have more live play, and I have a computer anyway.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:34 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think it also includes the current consoles.
Selling a console at non profit price wil also increase fan base due to the fact its cheaper. They would rather have an extra 50 thousand people buyin the console at the lower price because they will also buy tons of games.

The fact is that XBOX did not lose money with the XBOX. Its stupid to think that. If they did lose alot of money, why would they continue with XBOX`360? For bragging rights? To be cool? Gates wanted to decrease his fortune for shits and giggles? To make people buy more MS Windows stuff?
They obviously made money.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 06:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I agree or they would have quit

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:35 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Microsoft is so rich they dont care.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:57 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They do.

Companies care when the lose millions. Shareholders care.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 05:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
))TrAuMa((
Space Cowboy

true ^

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 06:15 PM
))TrAuMa(( is currently offline Click here to Send ))TrAuMa(( a Private Message Find more posts by ))TrAuMa(( Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

people upon people get payed in the process of making, shipping, and advertising this alone, someone cares.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:18 PM
Commando_164 ST
Serving the Empire

Apparently they'll be releasing halo 3 when the ps3 ships... if that happens then this world is phucked...

Since the X-box 360 is being released before the ps3 I don't really know what's going to happen.

Buy a 800 dollar console or a 100 dollar game that pwns?

I'd go the game... but that's cause I'm an x-box fan

GEARS OF WAR FOREVER...

And the three 3.2 gig processors.... pwned...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 04:29 AM
Commando_164 ST is currently offline Click here to Send Commando_164 ST a Private Message Find more posts by Commando_164 ST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

PS already rules the games department , sorry stick out tongue

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 11:56 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

We dont actually know if its better or not. Spec wise, it is. But performance which is how you can tell if its powerful enough, we cant totally say it is. We dont know, we havnt seen it in any action.

Specs mean something but hows its used that will tell the story. Seen a computer with more RAM and stuff like that underperform computers that have less specs? Just check some PC reviewd in PC Gamer.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:04 PM
Hooverman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
We dont actually know if its better or not. Spec wise, it is. But performance which is how you can tell if its powerful enough, we cant totally say it is. We dont know, we havnt seen it in any action.

Specs mean something but hows its used that will tell the story. Seen a computer with more RAM and stuff like that underperform computers that have less specs? Just check some PC reviewd in PC Gamer.

u like 2 type huh stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 10:52 PM
Hooverman is currently offline Click here to Send Hooverman a Private Message Find more posts by Hooverman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I know what you mean, but I know that for 2 gen it has had the game playability and versatility, but not polish and graphics, however still weighing out for the playstation systems, and I expect the same, thats all.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 11:41 PM
Commando_164 ST
Serving the Empire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
PS already rules the games department , sorry stick out tongue

Yeah but remember the only reason why the PS2 was such a success with games because it was released earlier than the X-box. Now both consoles are going to have a good chance at the title of games...

But with processing power...the ps3 is going to own with the experimental chip... 3 3.2 processors doesn't match it... phuxor...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:37 AM
Commando_164 ST is currently offline Click here to Send Commando_164 ST a Private Message Find more posts by Commando_164 ST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I don't fully agree, many of ps2 titles, were then made on other systems, except for a few exceptions.

But this could be argue in some of the technical flaws of the system, for its own favor...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 12:28 PM
))TrAuMa((
Space Cowboy

because ps2 came out first obveiusly.... thats why they came out on the other systems.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:20 PM
))TrAuMa(( is currently offline Click here to Send ))TrAuMa(( a Private Message Find more posts by ))TrAuMa(( Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

Ps3 by far!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 12:38 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commando_164 ST
Serving the Empire

you don't really know what's going to pwn or whats not until the actual battle begins. I think since X-box 360 is coming out earlier it may have the upper hand on sales and because its getting most of the live 2007 games and sh17 but I don't really know...

since the ps3 has the better specs then... it should be up to who is faithful and who isn't... but halo 3 being released on the date of the ps3 release will really phuck up the sales of it.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:22 AM