KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Yeah but remember the only reason why the PS2 was such a success with games because it was released earlier than the X-box. Now both consoles are going to have a good chance at the title of games...

i doubt that... i believe it was more to the fact that it had backwards compatibility, so it made sense for anyone with a playstation to buy a ps2...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Commando_164 ST
you don't really know what's going to pwn or whats not until the actual battle begins. I think since X-box 360 is coming out earlier it may have the upper hand on sales and because its getting most of the live 2007 games and sh17 but I don't really know...

since the ps3 has the better specs then... it should be up to who is faithful and who isn't... but halo 3 being released on the date of the ps3 release will really phuck up the sales of it.

OF course, this is all speculation.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:29 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by pr1983
i doubt that... i believe it was more to the fact that it had backwards compatibility, so it made sense for anyone with a playstation to buy a ps2...

Maybe, but it somewhat helped that it was the first out and it was such a big leap in technology that people needed to get it.

This time around though, the consoles dont really leap out to me on a technology scale.
Sure the graphics are prettier but not as much compared to PS1 to the PS2. Or the NES to the SNES, or the SNES to N64

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:28 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Maybe, but it somewhat helped that it was the first out and it was such a big leap in technology that people needed to get it.

This time around though, the consoles dont really leap out to me on a technology scale.
Sure the graphics are prettier but not as much compared to PS1 to the PS2. Or the NES to the SNES, or the SNES to N64

of course...

thing is though, with me personally, i know games like pro evolution soccer and metal gear solid will be on ps3, and with all the games i have i'd end up getting a ps3 anyway... unless it turns out to be crap... the infa red controller ports piss me off...

i was never really into the xbox, and only a few games on gc interested me... so thats why i'd choose ps3...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And thats a good reason to buy it.

Not because of power but because the games you like are on it.

What if though, those games were on the Revoultion, would you buy it instead?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 04:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

playstation man myself...but the Revolution may be worth saving so cash for too.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 04:54 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Thats my point games over graphics, which is why some old games with the same characters are simply better.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:43 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Heres is how ill make my choice

The 360 and Ps3 are both gonna have great Graphics, so you cant go wrong either.Ill make my choice on the games. Ive always liked PS better. I play sports games the most. and sports games are usually better on the PS2. But i also love fps's. And Xbox has Halo 3, Prey(which looks awesome) and other that i dont feel like listing. Xbox 360 is gonna have Perfect Dark Zero too, which has a 50 player XBL thing. Thats crazy. It also has Saints Row, which looks pretty good. it will evenully get the next GTA. And its not like it wont have all the sports games, they are just better for the PS2 IMO. ANd also the new features to XBL look really cool.

So far, Xbox 360 is winning. Hopefully ill be able to get both. but i dont know.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:59 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Xbox was only a sport and shooter console for the most part.

PS3 had great titles as well, but its how you see it.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:34 AM
WAF3001
Randomnosity

I'll probably start with whichever is cheapest (like I did last time they had the three systems) and it'll probably be the Nintendo one. Later, when the price goes down, I'll get the PS3

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:30 PM
WAF3001 is currently offline Click here to Send WAF3001 a Private Message Find more posts by WAF3001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dannyslr28

PS3 controller is kind of gay
It's like a boomerang

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 07:54 PM
Dannyslr28 is currently offline Click here to Send Dannyslr28 a Private Message Find more posts by Dannyslr28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

is it rainbow?

no?

then it's not gay!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:32 PM
WAF3001 is currently offline Click here to Send WAF3001 a Private Message Find more posts by WAF3001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

Originally posted by Dannyslr28
PS3 controller is kind of gay
It's like a boomerang

Almost any controller could be called Boomerang-like.

This sig was brought to you buy CorderaMitchell and Piggle. Blame them.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:44 AM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

RagnaViper likes boomerangs ............somewhere.............

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:46 AM
))TrAuMa((
Space Cowboy

Well Xbox was also a real big platform console! ps3 will be better it was said that kill zone 2 was not real game play but in fact at e3 the ps3 power was not even fully used!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:01 PM
))TrAuMa(( is currently offline Click here to Send ))TrAuMa(( a Private Message Find more posts by ))TrAuMa(( Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by ))TrAuMa((
Well Xbox was also a real big platform console! ps3 will be better it was said that kill zone 2 was not real game play but in fact at e3 the ps3 power was not even fully used!

the ps3 will be more powerful than your possible could imagine.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:04 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

Mainstream, I like the new sig. pic.
I believe PS3 will kick bootie. And I hope the new nintendo can play gamecube games.....

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:26 PM
Dannyslr28

The PS3 controller is still wack because that probably no one can handle because it's sides are so long

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:48 PM
Dannyslr28 is currently offline Click here to Send Dannyslr28 a Private Message Find more posts by Dannyslr28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
))TrAuMa((
Space Cowboy

to bad the ps3 is ganna be the best and everyone knows it so the only thing they can do is try and make fun of the controllers! yeah that what i thought ps3 will own all!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 07:26 PM
))TrAuMa(( is currently offline Click here to Send ))TrAuMa(( a Private Message Find more posts by ))TrAuMa(( Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dannyslr28

What's good a system if you can't even work the controller

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 07:32 PM