KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Football (Soccer)

Football (Soccer)
Started by: G.P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (527): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I must say, I hate soccer. Probably the most boring sport next to maybe BaseBall.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

lol Thats expected from an american stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:19 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, I thought baseball was boring, but last summer I had to change my opinion messed

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:20 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I hate the word "soccer", it offends me.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:20 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's all the yanksfault wink

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:22 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

It's just nothin ever happens during a soccer game, they pass the ball around for like 95 percent of the game, barely moving at all. And they get like 3 shot's on goal the whole game. The only really entertaining thing I've ever seen come out of a soccer game was this time i was watching a mexican soccer game on the spanish channel, and this guy was dribbling the ball, just running like normal, and out of the blue he just fell down, clutched his leg and started screaming like a little girl. He like broke his leg just by running on it. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Unlike basketball, where the aim seems to be score one, then other team scores one, then you score one, then the other team scores one, etc, the interesting part of football is the build up of play.

Its not all about seeing the ball hit the onion bag, I've watched many interesting nil-nil games in my time.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:25 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I dislike basketball as well. I agree, there is no tension in basketball because there is so much scoring involved.

The only sport i can really watch is Hockey.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:27 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Ice or regular?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:28 PM
BackFire

Ice.

I actually don't watch any sports anymore, I used to be hella into hockey, but my interest in it has deminished over the past few years. But every now and then i will watch a game, and i still somewhat follow the NHL.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:31 PM
yerssot

please! topic people!

I would expect better from you mech!
tsk tsk tsk!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:32 PM
BackFire

hockey is kinda relating to soccer, so shush up yerss.

They both have nets and goalies... stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:34 PM
G.P
living bank advertisement

Like handball, Waterpolo,...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:37 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Normal hokey is cool but there are to many foals (sp) messed Plus its not really developed.
Hey Portugal is the champion big grin
Like mech says its the build up thats interesting, plus what some players do with the ball WOW!
You just watched the wrong games BF.
As for that player...their knees suffer a lot sad so thats not uncommon.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:44 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah! they have some great technique and can do tricks that others can't possible do!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:48 PM
BackFire

that's true, it's cool when they do the flip kick.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:50 PM
Kes
Philie

flip kick?! laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:55 PM
BackFire

yeah, you know, the one when they kind jump up and flip over and kick it, landing on their back.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:56 PM
yerssot

a volley?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:56 PM
Kes
Philie

Oh. Bicicleta (bike kick). Got it.
I was refering to the whats it called...when they passe tru the other playes. specially when they sit the other players laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:57 PM