KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Football (Soccer)

Football (Soccer)
Started by: G.P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (527): « First ... « 522 523 [524] 525 526 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol @ the English pundits acting like this is such a shock. Have they not seen Iceland's previous matches?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 07:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
lol @ the English pundits acting like this is such a shock. Have they not seen Iceland's previous matches?
or the fact we aren't a good national team. Add to that fact we never achieve or perform at any major tournament.

Iceland easily deserved the win and the Englsnd team and management deserve all the shit coming their way.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 09:13 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

The blinders they have on when it comes to the English national team is incredible.

It was probably a combination of overrating a bunch of bottlers & misused English players, as well as underrating Iceland and how their system would work well against that of England's; apparently it is because Iceland have no proper first division football league and a small population.

~ With Spain getting their asses handed to them by Italy, and England getting sonned, literally, this was an awesome footballing day.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 11:03 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
and England getting sonned, literally,

I Loled when I got it.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 11:28 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Insane Titan
or the fact we aren't a good national team. Add to that fact we never achieve or perform at any major tournament.

Iceland easily deserved the win and the Englsnd team and management deserve all the shit coming their way.

I feel a little bad for England, but I also would have been furious if England had pulled level at the end. They deserved the loss, and hopefully this moment will be a lesson to them. They can only improve from this point.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 11:30 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I feel a little bad for England, but I also would have been furious if England had pulled level at the end. They deserved the loss, and hopefully this moment will be a lesson to them. They can only improve from this point.
it will never be a lesson for us and never has.

Too many ppl believe a strong league makes a strong national side.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 05:26 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The sad thing is, England HAS the players. You've got guys like Rooney who, while getting on in years, can still turn a game on it's head, IF he's given the freedom to play in the role that suits him.

Hodgson is to blame as much as the players, imo. He continuously picks people like Sterling (who in general had an absolutely abysmal season at City), while leaving out the likes of Vardy (how many games did that guy start?), Barkley (as promising a player as they could have) and Rashford, who made a huge impact at Man Utd.

It's bad management, a bad system, and the media REALLY doesn't help the situation either.

And why the ****ing **** is Kane taking corners? People say he's the best at dead-balls for some reason, when Rooney is standing right there.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 10:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

The sad thing is, England HAS the players. You've got guys like Rooney who, while getting on in years, can still turn a game on it's head, IF he's given the freedom to play in the role that suits him.

Hodgson is to blame as much as the players, imo. He continuously picks people like Sterling (who in general had an absolutely abysmal season at City), while leaving out the likes of Vardy (how many games did that guy start?), Barkley (as promising a player as they could have) and Rashford, who made a huge impact at Man Utd.

It's bad management, a bad system, and the media REALLY doesn't help the situation either.

And why the ****ing **** is Kane taking corners? People say he's the best at dead-balls for some reason, when Rooney is standing right there.
I honestly don't think we have the players to be a side that gets to the semi finals at best.

I don't think Rooney is good enough anymore, granted he's still technically gifted but for me he's now to slow to keep the ball moving at pace.

I agree with Barkley and especially rashford. After all he looked England's best player yesterday and played about 5 minutes. The media has always been one of if not the main problem and they will NEVER learn.

Kane constantly never beat the first man on corners and when he did it was way over hit. Same with free kicks, it was just pure garbage,

A perfect example of the media was at half time last night that mark pughash on ITV was talking about if Joe Hart should be dropped for the QUARTER FINALS lol, England were still 2-1 down FFS

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 02:25 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Has England ever had a goalie who's not prone to gaffs?

lol, English pundits are the worst in the world and everyone knows it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 05:15 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Insane Titan
it will never be a lesson for us and never has.

Too many ppl believe a strong league makes a strong national side.

The problem is that most English talent isn't even at the level to compete in the EPL. The best players on most EPL teams aren't English, whereas the Bundesliga, La Liga, and Serie A have local talent in key positions in basically every team.

It's telling that no recently called up English players play in any other leagues. It's not because EPL is just better than all the others, it's that there aren't really English players that interest the likes of Bayern, Barca, or PSG.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 08:09 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It goes deeper than that.

Football rivalry has been key in all of Britain and in all the leagues and this is why the national side sucks.

The national team usually picks certain players from all over the PL and most play the same position. How does one fit Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and Scholes in one midfield, for example? Bearing in mind Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool don't like each other...

You also have the case of when an English player gets injured on international duty, it effects their club immensely, considering they're top tier. They play for their clubs, not their country.

Beckham went to Real over a fight with Fergie, Owen went there for money, and Woodgate went there due to injury problems. But the Gerrards and the Scholes want to play for their club. Once they're at a top English club playing against their rivals, Munich and PSG look like one team in one league. I'd rather play for Doncaster and defeat Rotherham instead of the most awesome team in Austria...

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 09:42 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I do think England would benefit from having a diverse portfolio of players in different leagues. Argentina benefits from having players in both La Liga and EPL, trained in the specific conditions of both, that way they have more complementary skillsets.

Sell Rashford to a team like Dortmund maybe, or sell Kane to Athletico, something like that.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 11:06 PM
Omega Vision

Anyway, I feel like if the USA had England's level of talent we'd have gotten to the semis at the last WC and we'd crush Mexico at the final of every Gold Cup 3-1 or 2-0.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 11:08 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I do think England would benefit from having a diverse portfolio of players in different leagues. Argentina benefits from having players in both La Liga and EPL, trained in the specific conditions of both, that way they have more complementary skillsets.

Sell Rashford to a team like Dortmund maybe, or sell Kane to Athletico, something like that.

As a Man Utd fan, no, **** off. Rashford is ours!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:42 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

La Liga and the EPL are the best leagues in the world, that's why Argentina benefits....except in the case of messi....

You also need to remember English players don't speak Spanish, Italian, German or French. Dier is the exception to the rule, but it was a one year loan I think. It would work in the case of Dier, but after a certain age it seems unpractical.

Besides, sending a youth to a big club could end up with another Shaqiri, and I don't think smaller clubs like Valencia or Lille care that much about developing English talent... It would also be very expensive for both parties.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 12:54 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Looking forward to football finally coming back tomorrow, Poland vs Portugal.. Could go either way

Came across this

Take a look at Titanic Goals (@TitanicGoals): https://twitter.com/TitanicGoals?s=09

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 10:22 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol @ Portugal failing upwards.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 09:43 PM
Omega Vision

****ing Portugal. Does anyone actually believe they can win the whole thing?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 10:48 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

lol @ Portugal failing upwards.
failing upwards?

****ing Portugal. Does anyone actually believe they can win the whole thing?
they shouldn't but with Ronaldo you never know when he can turn it on, he's been shocking up to now tho minus the two goals against Hungary. If Wales get past Belgium they can be optimistic looking forward tho

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 11:29 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

As a Man Utd fan, no, **** off. Rashford is ours!

Well I like you a lot less now. stick out tongue
What did you think of the Mourinho appointment?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 04:16 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote