KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Football (Soccer)

Football (Soccer)
Started by: G.P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (527): « First ... « 523 524 [525] 526 527 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
failing upwards?

Failing upwards is something like pulling a Homer--it's succeeding despite poor performance.

I'd argue that England also failed upward until they played Iceland.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 06:37 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

What a goal by Robson-Kanu. Deserves to be the match winner.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 08:13 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Bye-Bye Belgium.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 08:49 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Wales are in the semis 😍😍😍😍😍 so happy rn

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 09:37 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Well I like you a lot less now. stick out tongue
What did you think of the Mourinho appointment?

stick out tongue

I hate the guy. I recognise that he tends to be successful as a manager, but there are few people on this Earth I want to throat-punch more than him.

======

Fair play to Wales. A lot of teams would have fallen apart after that first goal (which was a screamer by any measure), but Wales did incredibly well to get back in to it, and those last two goals were excellent.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 09:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Why is it that Belgium can only play to their potential once every 12 games?

I'll never stop hating Wales if they let Portugal into the final.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 10:51 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by -Pr-
stick out tongue

I hate the guy. I recognise that he tends to be successful as a manager, but there are few people on this Earth I want to throat-punch more than him.

======

Fair play to Wales. A lot of teams would have fallen apart after that first goal (which was a screamer by any measure), but Wales did incredibly well to get back in to it, and those last two goals were excellent.

Okay, I like you more now. stick out tongue
Have you read the piece on him by Jonathan Liew for the Guardian?

Robson-Kanu's goal is prolly the best goal I have seen at the tournament. It was ridiculous.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why is it that Belgium can only play to their potential once every 12 games?

I'll never stop hating Wales if they let Portugal into the final.

It is because they are horribly mismanaged. The sheer talent they have is being wasted, and when their manager uses a guy like Fellaini a lot (no offense Pr) you know that there is a problem.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 12:47 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Okay, I like you more now. stick out tongue
Have you read the piece on him by Jonathan Liew for the Guardian?

Robson-Kanu's goal is prolly the best goal I have seen at the tournament. It was ridiculous.

It is because they are horribly mismanaged. The sheer talent they have is being wasted, and when their manager uses a guy like Fellaini a lot (no offense Pr) you know that there is a problem.

I haven't, no. What does he say about him?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 12:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Holy shit those penalties were a roller coaster

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 09:51 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

That shoot out was crazy! Germany still won , should never have doubted it

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 09:57 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Shouldn't have ever gotten to that point though. WTF was Boateng thinking? Like, when is it ever a good idea to have your hands up while you're in the penalty box?

I hate hand ball PKs like that, when there wasn't even a legitimate opportunity on goal. Same sort of thing happened in the first USA-Colombia group stage game in the Copa to Deandre Yedlin.

Unlike Yedlin however, at least Boateng had a chance to redeem himself, which he took by keeping Germany alive.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 10:20 PM
Omega Vision

Feels a lot like most of the games in this Euro lol.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 02:41 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was cheering for Italy. Dammit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 09:51 AM
Omega Vision

Italy have played a cynical style this whole tournament. It started in the Belgian game when they were lucky not to pick up a red for all the times their players pushed down or tripped Belgians who were threatening to break.

Glad to see them out of the tournament. Now if only Wales could do something about Portugal...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 02:07 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Praying for Iceland

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 06:36 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Italy have played a cynical style this whole tournament. It started in the Belgian game when they were lucky not to pick up a red for all the times their players pushed down or tripped Belgians who were threatening to break.

Glad to see them out of the tournament. Now if only Wales could do something about Portugal...

Italy have been no more cynical at the back than a lot of other teams, I would argue.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 07:20 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Sad to see Iceland go out but they had a good run

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 10:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They got absolutely battered.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2016 11:20 PM
Insane Titan

laughing out loud WTF are you talking about.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2016 09:01 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Every time Belgium had a chance to break, an Italian defender threw them down. It happened three or four times in the second half.

They had something like 6 starters out of 11 on yellows in the game vs Germany simply because they played so dirty.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2016 05:52 PM