KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Football (Soccer)

Football (Soccer)
Started by: G.P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (527): « First ... « 524 525 [526] 527 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Every time Belgium had a chance to break, an Italian defender threw them down. It happened three or four times in the second half.

They had something like 6 starters out of 11 on yellows in the game vs Germany simply because they played so dirty.
most teams more or less employ the same sort of tactics.

I take it you're not European.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2016 05:56 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Every time Belgium had a chance to break, an Italian defender threw them down. It happened three or four times in the second half.

They had something like 6 starters out of 11 on yellows in the game vs Germany simply because they played so dirty.

I could say the same about how Shane Long was treated against Belgium and Sweden.

Italy might play a more physical game than others, but that's only because they focus more on defense than attack. If they're more cynical than other teams, it really isn't by a whole lot.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2016 06:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Insane Titan
most teams more or less employ the same sort of tactics.

I take it you're not European.

Lol actually my confederation, CONCACAF, is ten times dirtier and more physical than UEFA (with worse officiating to boot), so it's not like I'm not used to cynical bunker-foul tactics. Italy just strikes me as a much more talented and better coached version of some team like Guatemala.

Although technically I am European through Belgian citizenship stick out tongue

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Jul 6th, 2016 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:45 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Can't watch the game right now, but from the updates I've seen sounds like Portugal were denied a possible penalty.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 08:02 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

No Ramsey, no win.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 10:36 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

sad😭

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 11:51 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

lol, Belgium was by far the dirtiest team of the tournament. The game against Ireland was just disgraceful.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 07:06 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Pretty disappointed with the teams in the final. Wish there was a third place playoff game in the euros too, not sure why there isn't. I expect France to win the final now, but it won't be as good as game as i think Wales vs Germany final could have been.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 10:41 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Blame the silly lopsided draw for the finals matchup. We've arguably already seen the final three times now with Italy vs Spain, Germany vs Italy, and France vs Germany. Compared to those matches this final is an anti-climax.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 12:02 PM
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

do you think a 16 team tourney would have been better

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 12:25 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
do you think a 16 team tourney would have been better

The number of teams wasn't the issue, it's that for some reason 4 of 5 pre-tournament favorites (Germany, France, Spain, Italy) were all on one side of the draw for the knockouts.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 01:18 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Two absolutely awful mistakes by the Germans. Wtf were Neuer and Schweinsteiger thinking...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 02:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

The number of teams wasn't the issue, it's that for some reason 4 of 5 pre-tournament favorites (Germany, France, Spain, Italy) were all on one side of the draw for the knockouts.

UEFA's knockout draws have left a lot to be desired this past year.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 04:22 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by -Pr-
Two absolutely awful mistakes by the Germans. Wtf were Neuer and Schweinsteiger thinking...

Germans must be miserable right now. Barring Schweinsteiger's handball the Germans were the better team for most of the game up until the second Griezmann goal. They know they whiffed on the final and they shouldn't have.

Just shows how a few lapses in an otherwise well-played effort can sink you.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 06:55 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I'm predicting a France win, 1-0

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 11:32 AM
Omega Vision

Vivre France! Allez!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 07:08 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Super dirty play by France against Ronaldo. Not fun, not fun at all.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 07:31 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, but it's Ronaldo...

They got their revenge on Payet anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 07:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol Eder.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 09:19 PM
Omega Vision

France were unlucky not to have scored, but in the end they have only themselves to blame for a lackluster two hours.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 09:33 PM