KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Order 66 - Official Discussion Thread

Order 66 - Official Discussion Thread
Started by: bobafett81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DCLXVI
Smod> Clones were grown to fight, to kill, to obey. I assume that the most regular of the Clones would have been modified further than, say, Commanders, so that they would be less ceseptible to "feeling" for those that they kill.

BTW> Which Commander says, "I'm sorry"?

Oh, I see....

The man that adopts Leia, (I forgot his name) When he flies back to the temple(?) He gets out of his ship and is confronted by clone/storm troopers...They raise they're weapons and prepare to fire, he questions them, and the trooper tells him to leave (mercy?) then says "I'm sorry_____"

Old Post May 19th, 2005 11:11 PM
Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

No it wasnt mercy really, Bail wasnt a Jedi so he did nothing to deserve being killed.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 11:13 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Ah....thanks Smod. wink

astrofan428> The Clones probably rationalized, (or Palpy said to them that), if any witnesses came close to the Temple while enacting Order 66, to kill them before they could escape and spread sympathy for the Jedi....

Old Post May 20th, 2005 12:36 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fezster

does anyone know what song was playing during the order 66 scene??

Old Post May 20th, 2005 01:30 AM
Click here to Send fezster a Private Message Find more posts by fezster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

something I read in a review somewhere, Lucas edited the scene in the Godfather where all the mob bosses are taken care of during the baptism scene. sound familiar?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

Obi Wan reprogramed the signal so that the remaining Jedi will stay away. That scene was in there for a reason. I think that the TV series will show some of the jedi that survived being hunt down by Vader.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 01:55 AM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Probably, but I hope it doesn't look like crap, and each episode is just another Jedi dead... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 20th, 2005 01:59 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Does any one here think that the Jedi could have survived Order 66 by using a Jedi mind trick the same way Old Ben did on Tattoine ? erm

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:05 AM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Not on the Commanders!

And if they were shooting at the Jedi, methinks they didn't have time to go "You don't want to kill me..." *swish of the hand, flick of the wrist, snap snap* "...you are all bunny rabbits."

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:07 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

laughing

seriously

they could have 'flied', swayed their hand and said "I am not the Jedi you are looking for"

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Last edited by GCG on May 20th, 2005 at 02:12 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:08 AM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Doubtful....they were caught completely off guard for one thing. For another, that's a damn lot of clones they'd have had to mind trick.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Yeah it would have to be done to hundreds of clones at once to work, not even Yoda could manage that.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:06 AM
Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

i was just sad to see aayla get gunned down.
mmmm...twi'lek.... love

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:22 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by mysterio69
i was just sad to see aayla get gunned down.
mmmm...twi'lek.... love

I swear it looked like she started falling before she got shot, I am glad she didnt live to be on the tv show/

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:24 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

i guess that's the magic of working with blue screens, i guess.
"ok! fall down! pretend people are shooting at you!"

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:32 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

And while we are on Aayla(wait a minute) confused

Whatever world she was on had to be the worst in SW historie. I know it was beautiful but it looked like a scene out of Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:35 AM
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

anyone happen to know what that world was?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:39 AM
Milosz006

Originally posted by queeq
And they were so very quickly wiped out. Showing another OB1 lie: "He helped hunt down and destroy the jedi knights." Very little hunting there, peeps.

The movie obviously left room for Jedis to be killed between Episodes 3 and 4. Think about when Yoda and Obi1 had to recalibrate the homing signal. If there were no Jedis left they wouldn't need to do that.

As for the whole "genetically programmed", it is obvious that it was a simple order that was told to them, not some switch that was flipped. Notice how the troopers that were informed of the Order had to tell the other troopers of the plan. Also how Cody said "I understand, my lord", meaning that he had previous been aware, not that he was nice and suddenly went evil beyond his control. The clone troopers were aware that the Order could be called at any time, pure and simple.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:43 AM
Click here to Send Milosz006 a Private Message Find more posts by Milosz006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jengafett

Ki-Adi Mundi did the best against his clones.
Plo Koon was helpless to defend himself in his starfighter.
Aayla was really weak against hers.
Stass Allie was stupid for not getting suspicious.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:42 AM
Click here to Send jengafett a Private Message Find more posts by jengafett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
star22

How could they have gotten suspicious. Their abilities are blocked, more so for the less powerful. They have fought with and trusted these clones for 3 years. None of them even suspected, and that is not surprising.

I am the Dark Side~ Sig image by Tracyn

Old Post May 20th, 2005 12:02 PM
Click here to Send star22 a Private Message Find more posts by star22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote