KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Digimark vs Scarletspider (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Digimark vs Scarletspider (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

vote fer digi

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:21 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
i'll panel you

laughing

Hehe. Thou hast skewered me with thine wit big grin

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:01 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i have a question, does our characters expierence cross-over into the next fight also?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:46 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

this is a pretty slow debate......

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i'm gonna go ahead and vote for digi, but if scarlet ever shows up my vote might change

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:39 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Woot! I think I'd be better off just not showing up for debates...LOL

I was on vacation, and didn't get back until just recently. Sorry I've been absent, but apparently my initial write-up has done just fine on my behalf.

And as it pertains to the "Above_Herald" debate, Apollo loses his charge really fast normally, so in the comics he definitely isn't above herald. He can only maintain that "Million+" level I talked about for a little while, and even that's only after charging for a while. So he's definitely not above herald...he'd have trouble beating Superman unless he made it a quick fight. But Zod's armor negates that...so yeah, General Kinky is above herald...but so are most of the amalgams in this tourney.

In any case, I have no idea how long this battle has been up, so sorry if nothing has happened in a while. Hopefully ScarletSpider shows up and makes it a fight...but I'll take a win any way I can get it. hehe...

-DM

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 11:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ha! Just saw that the fight was on Pluto, and Evangel even mentions that it's far from the sun. Knowing that my character spites the battle environment makes it even sweeter... cool

-DM

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:02 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Ha! Just saw that the fight was on Pluto, and Evangel even mentions that it's far from the sun. Knowing that my character spites the battle environment makes it even sweeter... cool

-DM

yeah....................... you lucky f**k

lol

if you hadn't added that little bit about Zod's armour having solar power ups available for Apollo i would be voting against you due to location alone

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:09 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Here's a picture of General Kinky by the way...nothing special...just an imposing Zod-looking guy with the color turned off

And it's awesome to read through this thread...you know you're doing something right when people start arguing that your amalgam is too powerful....hehe

Attachment: zod.jpg
This has been downloaded 87 time(s).

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:39 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Another pic...this time preparing to fry someone with Apollo's heat-vision.

Attachment: zod3.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:40 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
And it's awesome to read through this thread...you know you're doing something right when people start arguing that your amalgam is too powerful....hehe

you're just lucky you seem to be getting a walk over..... although Moonstone's body is nowhere near as strong as Apollo's........ SS must have had something in mind when he picked that team

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:34 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Didn't Evangel pick it for him cuz he didn't show up during drafting?

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:46 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

good point... i had forgotten about that

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:53 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

This is merely speculation, but I think SS's strategy revolved more around Sersi and Flash than anything else. His initial picks (Flash and Green Lantern) suggested he wanted a quasi-lightspeed GL. Sersi would have been similar except with magic instead of green constructs. Moonstone seemed to be somewhat of an afterthought...I think I remember SS saying something about everyone having strong bodies for their amalgams, so Moonstone was substituted in so that he'd have an amalgam that could actually take a punch or two. SS had mentioned Moonstone but I think Evangel picked it for him because SS hadn't made it completely clear who he wanted (I think the GL was still floating around as a possibility).

In any case, I wasn't hoping for a "walk-over" and technically this isn't over so SS could still show up...but like I said earlier, I'll take my wins however they come. It'll just make me more ready to kick somebody's head in next round.

-DM

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 06:27 PM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

I vote for Digi

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:36 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

digi, you're write-up had to be exceptional just to get over the hurdle of your name!! you've put together a hellacharatcer, but . . . general kinky??! kinky??!!! (shakes head and walks away in utter incomprehension . . .)

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by leonidas
digi, you're write-up had to be exceptional just to get over the hurdle of your name!! you've put together a hellacharatcer, but . . . general kinky??! kinky??!!! (shakes head and walks away in utter incomprehension . . .)

What!?!? laughing out loud Apollo is also known as "The Sun King" so that's where I got the 'Kin' part from. Add in lo'KI' and it makes perfect sense.

Personally, I think the name ADDS to the character...I even have a psychological edge (who wouldn't be freaked out by someone whose very name suggests that he's a freaky bastard). Add that to the fact that Apollo's gay, and I think I have a decided edge going into any of these fights. LOL

...or I could just be talking out of my ass here. Yeah...that's it. laughing

-DM

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 11:52 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

did you ever consider that picking Apollo and Zod was a tad redundant? they both have pretty much the same powers..... you could have added a whole new set of abilities with a different character

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 24th, 2005 12:11 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
did you ever consider that picking Apollo and Zod was a tad redundant? they both have pretty much the same powers..... you could have added a whole new set of abilities with a different character

True, but that's what I wanted everyone to think. But Zod alone and/or Apollo alone isn't nearly as good as Apollo in Zod's armor. So right now I have one of the best 'brawlers' in the tourney, if not the best. Gladiator, Supreme, Thor, Surfer, Majestic...those guys were taken already (the 'better-than-Superman' brawlers). If I could have had one of them, and added a different power set, I would have (I did take a stab at He-Man before settling on this).

But then there's also trying to balance the whole mind/body/powers thing. The more powers you add, the harder it gets to juggle them. I couldn't find a combo I was happier with than this one. It was simple enough (Loki only needing to learn to be faster and stronger with his prep) yet powerful.

Besides, not all of us are capable of constructing the powerhouse that is Flash Thordon wink (*note sarcasm...don't want KVD thinking I've written him off*).

-DM

P.S. I was also under a time constraint...I took over for Quick Freeze with only 1 round of drafting left. I could've changed Zod and/or Loki, but I didn't have much time to search for a better combo. As is it, I might have made a change, but I'm happy with what I have.

Last edited by Digi on May 24th, 2005 at 01:31 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:25 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Hello, all, I apologize for my absence, I've just grown busy, and disenchanted with the forums, as of late.

So we basically have a Superman on steroids with Loki's powers?

You can't really hurt my character when she's intangible and invisble, holding you in a gravity well, reacting at light speed, and turning the oxygen in your lungs into arsenic. Also, the Sersi aspect of my character allows her to create numerous "duplicates", psionic constructs that are, in every manner, indistinguishable from the real deal. Even telepathy cannot tell them apart. If she lets loose a few of those to distract your horrendously named amalgamation, that would suck for him.

Last edited by ScarletSpider on May 24th, 2005 at 01:46 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:42 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote