KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Re-Do Episodes 4-6 :o

Re-Do Episodes 4-6 :o
Started by: Unknown Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dan Skywalker

i couldnt agree with you more.
If they where remade, id organise an international boycot of the new movies, you cant remake Star Wars the actors who played the roles are the characters, no way should a digital Yoda ever be introduced, and as for fitting in with Star Wars, these films are Star Wars, Lucas should have made the PT tie in. Remaking Star Wars would be like re-writing the bible, you cant!

Last edited by Dan Skywalker on Sep 6th, 2005 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Dan Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Dan Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lambon
You know what ever happened to the actors of Luke and the Princess? Hah they suck so bad they became hobos!

Yeah...you gotta point there.....Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are both working at McDonald's now. Harrison is the only one who had real career after Star Wars. Maybe Star Wars is another one of those "cursed roles" we'll see if Jake Lloyd and Hayded Christiansen have good careers in the future.....

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

A lot can be done to the films if gl chooses to. It would take while but they could redo a lot of shots, or go frame by frame (especially space battle stuff) and do all sorts of things. In many ways you would never know.

In ANH for example, the shot of the falcon heading towards the death star, and the death star looks really big with music really pumped up at this point. (The shot I think right before you see the storm troopers pointing at the falcon. That was a totally redone shot to look like the old one.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 10:46 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Originally posted by lambon
Shut up you nerds. You are all losers. The old Star Wars needs...
Better Actors
A story line that fits the new star wars.
The New Yoda.

Who cares if its a classic. Lucas can call it, Star Wars, New Age Edition, or something.
You know what ever happened to the actors of Luke and the Princess? Hah they suck so bad they became hobos!

So all you nerds just shut up! It isnt a bad idea. Re-make is needed!

Erm, no. Obviously you don't have a clue what you are talking about. At all.

Mark Hamill, although never achieving the same amount of fame his Star Wars film landed him, did perfectly fine out his career.

He voiced the Joker in the Batman 90's cartoon. That cartoon won an Emmy it was so good. And before you scoff - has any Star Wars film ever won an award? He is considerred by most fans to be the definitive Joker too.

Carrie Fisher has done perfectly well as a writer.

And Yoda looks way better in the originals, you total f*ckwit.

These Star Wars newbies with no regard for storyline, character or atmosphere can take their shallow prequels and shove their CGI DVD boxes up their arses for all I care.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Sep 12th, 2005 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Originally posted by Red Superfly
He voiced the Joker in the Batman 90's cartoon. That cartoon won an Emmy it was so good. And before you scoff - has any Star Wars film ever won an award? He is considerred by most fans to be the definitive Joker too.

and??????????????

Dude, don't color it up. Going from Luke Skywalker to a studio voice is some serious down-grading.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

How is it? Because one is more famous than the other?

I was merely stating he did perfectly fine. If I had a career like his, I'd die happy.

He was part of the biggest movie franchise, and arguably the best series of movies ever made. The only way was down.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

He coulda pulled a Harrison Ford and made like 70 movies after Star Wars.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 10:19 PM
Son of Boromir
Middle earth warrior

NOOOO!!! WHen i hear this Heathen talk i want to cry they already have redone it Hello the specail addition, you should be reported.

I like them Better than the new ones espacially Yoda and the lightsabers are so awsome in the OT. Long Live OT. Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Son of Boromir a Private Message Find more posts by Son of Boromir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DiamondBullets
He coulda pulled a Harrison Ford and made like 70 movies after Star Wars.

he was typecast... and he still was a kick ass joker... he still is...

in 50 years people will remember hamill as luke... i wonder how many pt actors will be as famous...

the ot is fine as it is...

the PT, now that needs work... to better fit the OT...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 07:21 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Canadadude

to actually say that the OT looks like crap is an insult. I prefer the old special effects the OT produced to the cartoon crap ILM puts out now any day. Just ask Peter Jackson what he thinks of ILM now. It is crap!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Canadadude a Private Message Find more posts by Canadadude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

And btw, the fool that said that the OT needs a better storyline to fit with the PT....needs to have their eyes sporked.

Fix the damn PT to fit the OT. It's called the Original Trilogy for a reason.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joli Bug-Azi
Sullen Champion

The OT should not be remade, it'll be a complete waste of time, 30 years later Lucas would have to make them again, and again, and again! There's no point.

Besides, Lucas is going to remake all six movies in 3-D around 2007, to make them look in sync.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Joli Bug-Azi a Private Message Find more posts by Joli Bug-Azi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

He's not going to 'remake' them... he's just going to release them in 3D.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:10 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ganner Rhysode
Jedi Knight

I don't have a lot to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll just reiterate.

This is a completely retarded idea, and you, sir, are as equally retarded. The OT isn't weird, it's not that it "doesn't fit in," it's not a kink in the Star Wars movie universe - that's what the PREQUELS are. The PREQUELS were the new things, that were different. That's just as retarded as the Final Fantasy VII and VIII fanboys who said that Final Fantasy IX wasn't a Final Fantasy and that it sucked and they should go back to the original FF system, the good one - when in fact, Final Fantasy VII and VIII were different, and IX was the system that had been used for FF's I-VI.

You're youngin's who thinks the only things that matter in a movie are flashy graphics. You don't care about storyline or actors or quality at all, as long as you have your gr4fix. Log off of KMC, and come back when you're a few years older. We don't need prepubescent little children who're ignorant to so much running around these forums.

Last edited by Ganner Rhysode on Sep 26th, 2005 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Ganner Rhysode a Private Message Find more posts by Ganner Rhysode Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joli Bug-Azi
Sullen Champion

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
He's not going to 'remake' them... he's just going to release them in 3D.

You know what I meant!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 07:37 AM
Click here to Send Joli Bug-Azi a Private Message Find more posts by Joli Bug-Azi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by TheForceSupreme
Contrary to what almost everyone else thinks, I do agree that the OT should indeed be re-done...in like 100 years from now. cool

not that long...99 years 11 monthes and 29 days from now.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 01:44 PM
Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Why don't we just remake every movie!?

Let's Remake 2001: A Space Oddessy. Way too slow.
Let's remake Casablanca and the Third Man. Black and white is stoopit.
Let's remake Jaws. Robert Shaw is like dead, now. So stupid.
Let's remake Raiders of teh Lost Ark. Not nearly enough nudity.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 07:51 PM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

only an idiot would remake the original star wars

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 09:03 PM
Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Remake the OT. Right. Yes, let's do that.

OR, as an alternative, we could fix a few things with the real problem here: the PT.

The Phantom Menace: make more tactile models. No matter how good CGI gets, it just can't beat the real thing. They built the original Death Star surface out of cannibalized model battleships; they can do something similar for the Coruscant landscape.

Replace Jake Lloyd with an older actor. There is absolutely no reason to having Anakin fall in love with a woman nearly ten years older than him. Make them the same age, at least.

Rewrite the script. Several scenes need a dialogue overhaul. Badly.

Get a GOOD director. Rick McCallum did a fair job, but it was nothing compared to Irvin Kershner's work for ESB.

Attack of the Clones: First off, better title. This screams Flash Gordon to me.

Once again, more tactile models, less CG.

Either redesign Anakin's character, or get another actor. Hayden Christensen could do better, with a few more acting lessons and less whine.

Script needs fixing.

Another director.

Maybe a bit more action.

Revenge of the Sith: Not as bad as the others in the PT. Alot of truly realized emotion offsets most of the same problems as the other two just enough that they're not bad enough to make the movie unlikeable.

Totally redo Grievous. He should be just as badass in the movie as he was in the Clone Wars microseries, if not moreso. As awesome as he looked, his lung-canger-induced weakness and coughing fits were just a huge letdown for someone like me, who got totally psyched about him in RotS because of Clone Wars.

Script wouldn't suffer from a few tweaks.

Give Padme alot more to do. Natalie's talent was really wasted.

The CGI was better this time around, not as intrusive on the story, but a few real models couldn't hurt.

Do all that, plus put the spirit of the OT back into Star Wars, and I think we've got ourselves some worthy prequels.

As for those of you who are bound to say that CGI is superior to tactile models, pop the ANH DVD onto an HD TV. Watch the beginning. Just the very beginning. Watch that Star Destroyer fly overhead - follow each detail carefully carved into its surface - and tell me that real-life model doesn't immediately tell you that it's all really happening the way it looks.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 09:24 PM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

I've always agreed that in the vastness of space, the models looked considerably better than CGI. On the planetary surface, however, the story is different.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 10:15 PM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote