KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » AVP 2: Aliens vs Predators

AVP 2: Aliens vs Predators
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Something else they should do is bring back characterisation. In the Alien and Predator movies, the humans and monsters had personality. The Predator was irritable, mean, and vicious. They should make these Preds like him. And the Alien was smart, cunning, a stalker. They should personify them this way instead of so animalistically, like they did in AvP...

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 04:50 PM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

they need to bring back some gore (human or otherwise) the first AVP was dissapointing to many because of that reason (and the PG-13 rating that they used to allow more of an audience)

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 11:37 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REVAN DARKSIDE
NO FATE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by gls
they need to bring back some gore (human or otherwise) the first AVP was dissapointing to many because of that reason (and the PG-13 rating that they used to allow more of an audience)
Good point they need to give it more of a adult theme, not saying gore for the sake of gore but along the lines of Aliens. And if possible Anglena Jolie naked in it somewhere, never know might happen wink

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 04:23 PM
REVAN DARKSIDE is currently offline Click here to Send REVAN DARKSIDE a Private Message Find more posts by REVAN DARKSIDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

did the first Aliens vs Predator have any warriors in it like the original Predator? and if not, are there gunna be any in the sequel, or does ne1 know confused

Old Post Jun 10th, 2006 09:06 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

AvP was a joke laughing as for AvP2 rolling on floor laughing is Hollywood joking

Last edited by Koenig on Jun 11th, 2006 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 09:54 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Losty
Renegade of funk

they better make another one and make up for that hunk of shit 1st one

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 08:37 AM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Penelope

i hate that movie myself.

"It's in your Nature to Destroy yourselves"

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:46 AM
Penelope is currently offline Click here to Send Penelope a Private Message Find more posts by Penelope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

The title "Survival of the Fittest" is that good.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 02:52 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Garret Jax

Personally i found the first AVP film to be excellent. Anderson was able to truly bring the aliens back to life in both attitude and appearance and the entire story really worked more closely with the comics rather than the films. I felt that having Wayland in it was a bit over the top because were talking hundreds of years from the AVP movie to the first aliens movie.

Why? Simple Alexa

I'm sure quite a few here are familiar with the female character in the comics that was inducted into the Predators. So for a follow up sequal it would make the most sense to continue down that path.

I dont believe that any AVP movie will ever be able to tie the Alien or Predator movies together so i hope they dont. AVP needs to stand on its own for a series and let its predessors do the same with a final Alien and predator film. The only way for a AVP movie to truly merge with them is if they continued with the idea of the marines either fighting the aliens here on earth *ending from ressurection* and have the Predators arrive for their seasonal hunt and discover Earth in chaos and due to their tribal pride take part on the losing side and weaken species of the humans.

If they did this then the aliens could be stopped and possibly the predators seeing humans as truly if not less advanced warriors similar to themselves.

Alexa did this on her own when she saved scar.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 05:55 AM
Garret Jax is currently offline Click here to Send Garret Jax a Private Message Find more posts by Garret Jax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

AVP rocked. I'm excited for the next one.

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 06:38 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

AVP sucked. It sucked so, so much.

And it's a shame because it could've been so good.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 06:56 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Re: Re: AVP 2: Aliens vs Predators

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Core
Idiot. "Predator 2" took place in 1997. Although it was filmed in 1990, that's hardly the "future" in which "Alien" took place in. All this jumbling of timelines is going to bite them in the ass, just like "Freddy vs Jason", nobody knowing when the hell it takes place.

The first movie was a "big success" in terms of earnings, and honestly, overseas is what made it big. That doesn't mean the movie was horribly flawed. I liked it, but the general consensus is that it sucked, and there's been backlash along with it.

I don't know who this Rothman character is personally. I'm a huge Sci Fi fan and never heard of him before this post. He's a co-chair suit at FOX? Fantastic. What has he written, directed, or produced? What Sci Fi franchises and characters did he birth?

Actually Predar 2 was set in the year 1992 stick out tongue

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 08:33 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Avp had great potential but was ruined by alot of factors, Firstly the aliens look like shit, i wish they had put back the original alien from 1979 which would being back the "fear". Seconly CGI wrecked everything, the only thing worthwhile about the CG is the alien queen.

The area of the movie is horrible, the place is so gloomy and so dark, and i doubt there is any backstory or any connection between the alien and predator trilogy.

Also, it makes me wonder, WHERE did the predator get the alien eggs from? they cant just come from no where, i know they came from the alien ship on lv-426 and those eggs were created by the space jockeys(the pilot) But it was never revealed where they got the eggs from

Already there are major contradictions between alien 1979 and AVP 2004.
i read somewhere where it stated in alien 1, it was the first time men ever encountered this species of alien, and yet in AVP we see that men encountered them as far back as 3000BC.

One last thing, in alien 3 we see the original Bishop, who claims to be the designer for the bishop droid series and he wasnamed "Michal bishop". He was stated to be the original bishop and be human, But AVP contradicts that, this takes place by weyland industries, the parent of weyland yutani where "Charles weyland bishop" is claimed the original bishop by AVP movie.

I am glad that Predator concrete jungle which happened some time after AVP makes a small connection between all the trilogies by revealing how the "mother" system came about which we see in alien 1979 and how weyland yutani was formed.

If they do make AVP2, i would love to see alot of improvements and i would like to see things revealed like the origin of the eggs.

Last edited by BoratBorat on Nov 18th, 2006 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 03:45 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

AVP 1 or 2 have got nothing to do with the alien movies . It was just an idea that these two icons should go head to head .

I only like Arnie's preditor i dont like 2

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 09:47 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

the fighting in alien vs predator prey has some of the best looking fight scenes in the comics, they should study them because they are brilliant to use in a film.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 10:03 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

they should cut out cgi and go backto puppets, CGI killes the terror of the alien.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 02:09 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

its gonna be rated 18 and will have gore and will be more scary then the first one

Old Post Dec 7th, 2006 02:02 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Demon

i personaly can not wait till avp 2 comes out but i am with coolmovies on this one the alien should go back to puppets it gave them a more terro to them and like in doom there was a feeling like "well the alien got hit and the fist did not go half way through befor the alen moves or reacts to the hit"

Love is War, As War Is Love, Fate is Truth, As Truth is Fate. Darkness Slowly Takes Over Light And Everything Is Now Dead.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 03:06 AM
Dark_Demon is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Demon a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Demon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

Check out the first image for the upcoming sequel, Alien vs. Predator 2!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/image...edator/avp2.jpg

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 11:19 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Thanks alot looks cool

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 12:10 PM