KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kraven the Hunter vs Wolverine

Kraven the Hunter vs Wolverine
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinzin

that's..................disturbing....

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:46 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

anyways....in one of wolverine's books he went undercover or some such and dispalyed enough agility to trick people into believing he was spiderman,,,,then beast,,,,then captain america.......he can be pretty damn agile when he wants to......

and what's human about jumping 35 feet into the air?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:53 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

That Kraven's always dying.

Seriously, we should just cut to the chase and put Wolverine up against Black Tarantula.

Also, upon finishing the Starman comics I discovered my Shade vs Wolverine thread was even bigger rape than I thought.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:57 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
anyways....in one of wolverine's books he went undercover or some such and dispalyed enough agility to trick people into believing he was spiderman,,,,then beast,,,,then captain america.......he can be pretty damn agile when he wants to......

and what's human about jumping 35 feet into the air?
How is jumping 35 feet in the air possible for any creature limited to human strength and lugging an adamantium skeleton around as well? He would have to have as much leg strength as the Beast at least and he's not even noted to have that much...Picture's are sometimes just unexplained... Do you think that the hulk changes sizes from moment to moment like he does in his pictures? Cause one minute he has an adult in the palm of his hand and a few panels later you may see another adult standing only two heads shorter than him.... It looks cool though.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:54 PM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

well hulk actually has the ability to change in size depending on incarnation and rage factor....my whole point was that everyone thinks wolverine's simply human when almost all his feats would indicate otherwise....

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:09 PM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Well lets see... Wolverine would be pretty easy for any Hunter to take down, jeesh, why dont we even ask Mr. Wolverine?

Attachment: wolverine.jpg
This has been downloaded 88 time(s).

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:11 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

ummmmm wolverine's take down bears and RUN down elk.......but that aside.....has nothing to do with the fight.........have you seen what happens to other hunter's that wolverine fights? it ain't pretty...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:12 PM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

lol, well... lol.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:13 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

yeah it was funny I'll give ya that...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:25 PM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Aww.... Hes still a cutie pie.
He's just a little wolverine trying to make his life away from all the fandom.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:26 PM
jinzin

ughhhh

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:29 PM
derrick24
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wolverine does have speed and agility, its a step below spiderman. Read the 1st issue of hulk and wolverine fight, it simply state in there that he has blinding speed. I seen 1 comic where wolverine was standing like 20 ft away from a soldier and he told the soldier that the worst thing he could do would be to pull the trigger on that gun. The guy pulled the trigger and wolverine jerked to the side and it gazed his face. In a milli second wolverine speed across the piles of bodied chopping the man hand off.

Another example of his speed was when he was held at point blank by 3 mob guys in a room, they all had guns at his chest. wolverine claws popped out sliced the guns and he had his hands back on his side without them seeing it. About a minute later the guys guns fell apart and they didnt even see wolverine move a muscle. Now that is blinding speed.
Another time was when he was doing an investigation on a little girl that was kidnapped. He was thought by the world as being dead, thats when he got the secret identity as patch. He was on a roof and spiderman was slinging by. He see wolverine but he thought that it was an imposter. So he ends up sling over to wolverine trying to punch him but ends up shattering a chimney because wolverine dodged him with ease, while dodging he lit a cigar.

Spiderman turns around and see wolverine standing a couple of feet behind him questioning wolverine speed saying "this guy moves as fast as i do, i didnt even see him move." Spiderman press his attack again but this time wolverine dodge his punch grabbed him and kicked him in the stomach, sending spiderman flying a couple of feat. Then wolverine popped out his claws and he realizes that it is the real wolverine.

its in a marvel team up book.

Last edited by derrick24 on May 27th, 2005 at 12:49 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2005 12:45 PM
derrick24 is currently offline Click here to Send derrick24 a Private Message Find more posts by derrick24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the reason most people don't want to accept the fact that Wolvie doesn't have enhanced speed, is because .....he shouldn't.
No where in his earlier appearences did he have it, or has anyone(writers) ever said it.
He just -seemed- to gain it after he became all uber popular.

People, including myself really hate on Wolvie, he gets away with doing things he just shouldn't be able to do.
Plus, us people over 20 liked him when he was always the underdog, and the "fallen samuri who couldn't trust himself, much less his teammates" as jinzin said.

Most of us identified with the loner/underdog/can't get the broads he wants/ type wolvie.

Not the dude who takes on Thanos.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 12:55 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
I think the reason most people don't want to accept the fact that Wolvie doesn't have enhanced speed, is because .....he shouldn't.
No where in his earlier appearences did he have it, or has anyone(writers) ever said it.

Plus he's lugging around like 100lbs of extra weight.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 01:45 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
derrick24
Restricted

Account Restricted

you all are telling the truth about wolverine except its one thing you forgot. Apocalypse did give him an upgrade, thats when his speed and strength was boosted. Didnt you notice before that wolverine wasnt able to pierce hulk skin but when he was death and he fought hulk, he almost killed him.
Him and sabertooth got a upgrade, sabertooth got his from weapon x and wolverine got his from apocalypse. So wolverine now has speed and strength (on marvel website from 1-7 he is listed as 4) and agility. I do like the old wolvie better but im kind of glad that he got the upgrade because he was getting slapped around by to many weak characters. Another thing, during the time wolverine went feral, during the time that he forced the adamantium out of his body, it was stated that wolverine healing factor was increased dramatically. Beast and the professor tested it and the guy got ran over by a car and got right back up. So he has gotten a dramatic increase in power lately.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 02:37 PM
derrick24 is currently offline Click here to Send derrick24 a Private Message Find more posts by derrick24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

I think all of those enhancements went away after he was no longer Death, Derrick24. That, and his adamantium is back, so no more super healing factor.

Everything everyone else said is right: Wolvie does things he shouldn't be doing, and it's probably due to his popularity. He's supposed to be no stronger, faster, or be able to react faster than any human could ever be (somewhere matching or just below Captain America), but a character's limits doesn't seem to worry writers much unless it suits them.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:46 PM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

But be honest, everyone here freakin loved the guy at one point in time.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:03 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Hell Yea!

By: Juk

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:20 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

Of course! My manager is obsessed with him, to the point where us employees think he changed his name to what it is now: Logan.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:31 PM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

good fight but i think logan wins

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:45 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote