KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » books

books
Started by: obi-one killer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

books

Id really like to wright my on Book and i was wondering if any one had any ideas. I'm going to post a character list tommorow.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:38 PM
Click here to Send obi-one killer a Private Message Find more posts by obi-one killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

Re: books

quote: (post)
Originally posted by obi-one killer
Id really like to wright my on Book and i was wondering if any one had any ideas.

Yeah. Make frequent use of the spellchecker.

Sorry... big grin

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:09 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

i'm full of ideas for new star wars stories, just like i told darth-yoda. i could give u a hand too i u like since i'm working on my own original story, i don't have time now to do my own SW story so i could give u guys a hand

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:53 AM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

first thing's first. DON NOT MAKE A CHARACTER LIST. star with a character already created or just make up the protagonist. place him in a setting--it doesn't matter if this will be in the story or not-- and then use him. try and get a feel for your character.
if you think ur scene lacks strength and want dialogue, pop some1 else in. you might find they have a lot in common, maybe a hidden agenda or a linked past. who knows?

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:55 AM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

for instance the last time i started a SW story i didn't even give my character a name. it was just 'the man who...'
i started with a gripping scene, but in my mind i knew that the character was going to be Kyle Katarn. he'd slaughtered the crew of an old republic vessel that he had come across while on a mission. this then became my prologue because it had a sense of mystery to it... why was this man killing them and who is the blue ghost thats tourturing him?

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:59 AM
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

ok thanks i was going to use characters already maid like Luke ,solos ,and a couple jedi like corran horn and Kyp and just add some adventure maybe some bounty hunters (boba fett) and a few vong im trying to write something between the NJO and the new series coming out. but i have to wait to read what they say happens in the new series so if someone changes i can write what happend.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 02:46 PM
Click here to Send obi-one killer a Private Message Find more posts by obi-one killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

i liek the idea of kyp and corran. you could pair them on a mission and see how well you make their views apparent

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 01:44 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

You should do a story about the unimportant Jedi. That is what i did. for Example, i did a story of how Kit's Dad, Luai Fisto, spared his life for his son during a raid by a group of local thugs. I have a long history of making star wars stories. I have made at least over 50 books (literally) and i spend most of my free time working on short stories. Making up your own character is good sometimes. You have more options than a character already created.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is an example of Kit's journeys. This is the last part of the story.

[Kit] How long?
[Mace] Not very long now.
[Kit thinking...]I feel nervous... Something is going to happen to us. I feel the Senator has a mass of power and force flowing through his blood. This is going to be harder than anything i have ever done. I doubt my survival of this arrest attempt. With every mission from the Council, my life is in obvious peril and as at stake, but this is much different. I feel like i have thrown my life at the Senator.
[Mace] Wake up, Kit. We are here.
[Mace steps out of the Clone Flier as Sassee follows close behind. Agen adjusts his boots then walks off the flier as well. Kit takes a heavy breath and steps out of the vehicle.]
[Mace and the Jedi walk the stairs into the Senators office. Mace sees Palpatine sitting down and ignites his saber, along with Sassee, Agen and Kit.]
[Mace] You are under arrest by the Jedi Council for treason.
[Palpatine] Are you threatining me, Master Jedi.
[Kit thinking...]His face looks as if to rot. I feel a strong darkness overwhelming me.
[Palpatine ignites a Saber and jumps over his desk. He jumps to the ground and quickly thrusts his saber inside of Agen's abdomen. Agen quickly drops to the floor. Then Palpatine shoves the saber far into Sassees lungs, instantly killing him. Then Palpatine begins to strike Kit...]
[Kit thinking...]Father, i will never forget the sacrifice you made for me. I will fight for my life but i fear my time to join you comes close...
[Palpatine slashes Kit and he lets out a shriek before he quickly drops to the ground.]
[Kit]I live on through the force. My life flashed before me. I thought once more that i would never greet you again, Father. I was wrong...

Fin.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote