KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Real lightsabers!

Real lightsabers!
Started by: Deadlyshot07

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Master Fisto
Dark Jedi

alright...i would still like to see a video of it... it sounds pretty cool...why dont you get a patent or something?....you could be a freak'n millionaire...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Master Fisto a Private Message Find more posts by Master Fisto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PloKoon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by landon8
http://cptthompson.*********40.com

what is this website is it your proof?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:35 PM
Click here to Send PloKoon a Private Message Find more posts by PloKoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Fisto
Dark Jedi

You say that you contain the plasma with an electromagnetic field. However, one of the basic equations of electromagnetics is F=q*v*B, where F is the electromagnetic force, v is the velocity of the object, and beta is the strength of the magnetic field. If these particles of plasma are moving, it's proven that all particles moving in a magnetic field move in a circular pattern. And if you claim these particles are not moving, the magnetic field wouldn't do anything to contain the plasma because v would have to be zero, which sets the force equal to zero as well. The plasma couldn't be contained.

Send me a working link of proof...or how to get to your forum.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Master Fisto a Private Message Find more posts by Master Fisto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PloKoon

Magnetic fields can contain plasma; however, the shape of a blade would be impossible to obtain if you are using the magnetic field solely generated by the lightsabre hilt. Also, explain to me how the hell you fit a nuclear reactor and magnetic field into the hilt??? Also, 3 centimeters of a "plasma blade" required 120 megawatts of energy. How do you get this amount of energy in your lightsabre? How long is your blade? Because the only large plasma torch is in France, and the length of the torch there is only a meter in length. The size of that generator was the size of a modern day ROOM. Find a metal that keeps the 5000 degree C temperatures without conducting to your hand. Part of the lightsabre are plausible; however, everything in the size of a hilt makes your statements impossible. You lie.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 06:56 PM
Click here to Send PloKoon a Private Message Find more posts by PloKoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
landon8

that is why I said I'm not going to explain anything else. and if we patented the lightsaber then you'd have to be in the military or 21 to have one. just get on my forums and read the proof. where all those "***" things are just add proboar ds.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 08:18 PM
Click here to Send landon8 a Private Message Find more posts by landon8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
landon8

o and we have pictures too

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 08:18 PM
Click here to Send landon8 a Private Message Find more posts by landon8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PloKoon

not to bug you but could you show the pictures i would like to see it
and which forum is the proof located
thanks

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 09:49 PM
landon8

well I would give you the site but for some reason I can't post the site cuz it puts stars over *********40.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 11:09 PM
PloKoon

just type in the name of the site...or find out what we should type in on google to find your site

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:02 AM
landon8

it's a secret site. it can't be searched by google I think. but I'll try and type it here in parts

http cptthompson8.pro boards40.

-after "http" put "//" in them.
-put "pro boards" together
-add "com" after "40."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:57 AM
landon8

google "lightsaber forums" that might help

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 07:14 AM
PloKoon

thanks

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 07:43 PM
landon8

o and if you want some good picture proof give me your MSN or Email. You may not believe me cuz I had to take a picture of the blade on my computer. I'll show you some better quality pictures once I figure it out. and o when I do show you the picture of the blade the reason it's not perfectly straight is cuz the Emitter and the Recievor were being rebuilt so I didn't have it on the lansaber at the time. so if you want the picture of the blade then give me your MSN or email. And I am telling you right now. that these ARE NOT FAKES. I promise you they are not. PS. the lansaber is the non lethal version of our lightsaber but the blade looks like a real lightsaber in the movies when I have the emitter and recievor on them. without it, theblade is a little ruggedy. but o well I'll have the up-grades on it very soon.

Last edited by landon8 on Jul 9th, 2005 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 10:05 PM
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not that I have any reason to doubt you, landon. But you really don't seemed that focused on the security of your project. I would'nt worry about it though. I don't really understand how your weapon is going to work out, but currently your weapon is no more dangerous than any others we have today, so far.

I wonder what impact this will have on the scientific community. Maybe it will be disregarded as fanboy-ism, but the power to control infinitely or atleast indefinitely expanding blade is bound to attract some interest. Something like this could be use for more than just a simple weapon ofcourse.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:00 AM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
landon8

yeah true. We really don't want this getting out of hand. We've already had people come on our site asking if they could buy a lightsaber from us. We're keeping this very secure. We're not telling ANYONE how to build them yet. We really don't know if we are going to. a lot of people already know that we have a built a working lightsaber. we had a sword collector asking if he could purchase one from us. trust me though, we are working hard to keep this project going without the government getting in the way of it. if they would even want a lightsaber

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:51 AM
darkangel07

Re: Real lightsabers!

Why would some1 do that is there something mentally wrong with him.
That's not funny at all that's just incredibly stupid.
Then again you've got to feel sorry for him coz he got hurt very badly. mad mad mad sad sad

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 01:07 PM
Click here to Send darkangel07 a Private Message Find more posts by darkangel07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

The plasma blade idea is theoretically right, the only problem is that the hilt will be very large, but it could be possible in the future with the advance of nanotechnology. And there is no way to assure that is not possible to create a magnetic field that can create the blade shape.
But some another way that I can thing, is more likely the Star Wars lightsaber, we just need a very powerful laser, or lasers inside a small hilt, if we combine many diffirent laser with different frequencies, it is possible to create a pattern of interference that makes light exist only in a part of the space, the different light waves will cancel each other at longer distances. Such interference pattern was used in de Broglie´s theory to explain how a localized particle like a electron can behave like a wave, and involves what is called Fourier integral.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PloKoon

show me what you showed darkangel07

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 05:46 PM
Master Fisto
Dark Jedi

this is too far back in the list of threads, so i'll star a new one in expanded universe title landon8's lightsabers

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 01:46 AM
landon8

that's really ok...... but I'm going to be really busy building my other up-graded lightsaber next week. So if I don't reply to you guys right now it's because I'm building my better verion that's a lot more up-graded. I just tested the prototype and it melts beer bottles into goop in like as fast as you can swipe it. I'm gonna take some cool pictures of my newer one next week. and I'll post them in my forum and give some out over MSN.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:09 AM