KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » han and chewbacca

han and chewbacca
Started by: obiwan633

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
obiwan633

han and chewbacca

how do han solo and chewbacca become friends?

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:08 AM
Click here to Send obiwan633 a Private Message Find more posts by obiwan633 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Chewbacca gives birth to Han.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:09 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obiwan633

no really i want to know

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:11 AM
Click here to Send obiwan633 a Private Message Find more posts by obiwan633 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Duffy

How the hell is anyone supposed to know that?
unless its written in some EU book somehwere

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

We don't know yet.

Expanded Universe has stated that Han, while in the Imperial Academy, freed Chewie from the Empires enslavement, because all the wookies were apparently enslaved by The Empire at some point. Cheiw has a life debt for sorting him out.

Sounds good enough to me.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:24 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
adele2k5

dont believe the expnaded universe its not GL its other people that have followed on the story in GL's eyes starwars is the movies not the books unless its the starwars book of the film.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:07 PM
Click here to Send adele2k5 a Private Message Find more posts by adele2k5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly

laughing out loud what a horrible image you put in my brain

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:08 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Originally posted by adele2k5
dont believe the expnaded universe its not GL its other people that have followed on the story in GL's eyes starwars is the movies not the books unless its the starwars book of the film.

I don't. I don't like EU much either, and I don't take it as canon.

I said "Sounds good enough for me", so I meant it's a good enough explanation until George tells us exactly how they hooked up.

A part of me doesn't even want to know.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:11 PM
@F1
Tomato Crisps

Han Solo rescued Chewie from enslavement, I read it in Dark Forces Rising, along time ago.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:32 PM
Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Originally posted by @F1
Han Solo rescued Chewie from enslavement, I read it in Dark Forces Rising, along time ago.

Must be true then laughing out loud

quote:

laughing out loud

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 26th, 2005 03:27 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

It actually makes perfect sense, that Han rescued Chewie from enslavement. What could better warrant a life-debt?

It was made even larger a deal when in the Chewbacca comic-book anthology, it was explained that Han was actually the cause of Chewie's enslavement.

Originally posted by adele2k5

Well, this is somewhat idiotic, because Chewie being a slave and Han Solo rescueing him from slavery has been every bit "canon", (and as close to being "canon" as anything can get), as was also the fact that Vader was sent into a volcano by Ben, (as said by GL back in the 70's-80's). wink

In fact, Chewbacca being a slave and Han rescueing him has been apart of the "EU" since the very beginning. It was talked about and insinuated in Brian Daley's Han Solo Trilogy back in the 70's, and he have talked to GL long and hard to understand the characters to their full extent.

However, GL almost ruined this by putting Han Solo in the early drafts of RotS, being raised by Chewbacca on Kashyyyk.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:46 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

when you say dont beleive the EU, what makes you think that this doesnt get the thumbs up from GL? he takes care of the universe, and makes sure that all stories are sound before letting them get published. i'm sure if he could live for a another century he'd make more films, before and after. realistically of course that wont happen. its also hard to get actors to return to the same roles. if something in the EU was wrong, it wouldnt have gotton published in the first place. of course theres conflicts, but when isn't there?

Old Post May 28th, 2005 02:27 PM
Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote