KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Scoobless vs K Von Doom (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Scoobless vs K Von Doom (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

From what I know, the Quantum Bands operate on the electromagnetic spectrum so magic, being an odd power, is outside of the Band's influence... Quasar can't detect, absorb, block or trace it. The only way that Quasar finds out that a power is magic based is when his Quantum bands get no energy signature from it. That's from the comics.

From Quasar's website that Scoob provided... a quantum construct will pass right through a magic shield, just like a mystical blast cuts through a quantum shield... as though they weren't even there. So, for instance, if Dr Strange shoots some magical energy, Quasar won't be able to redirect it or block it with the Q-bands, all he can do is get out of the way. Similarly, if Quasar makes a quantum hammer to squash the Sorcerer Supreme, Dr Strange has to get out of the way or conjure an actual physical shield (like granite or steel), he can't block it via mystical energy (shield of the seraphim). Hope that clears things up.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:35 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Thanks, it does.

Another question (sorry, they just keep popping into my head), KVD, is your character's telepathy (Mordred's) magic-based? Or is it regular (i.e. Xavier, Manhunter-type, etc.)?? Some characters have magic-mind-messing (sorry, unofficial term) while others just have normal telepathy in addition to their magical powers. Normally it wouldn't make much difference, but you can probably see how it does in this fight.

-DM

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Manhunter's telepathy is psionic, inherent like Xavier's. Mordred's telepathy is magic based, given to him by Chthon.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:15 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Scoobless.

Seems to have a firmer grasp on the characters' capabilities and a more accurate battle plan.

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:42 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Damn this is close. A lot of info to read. I'll vote tomorrow morning.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:13 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm thinkin mezmerism/telepathy would keep Scoobs guy off balance far too much to put up a good fight..
Still need to ponder.

If by some how this thread is done before i get back tomorrow i'll say KVD

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 31st, 2005 07:33 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Wow, good debate. I think that I'll wait before I vote.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:15 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

YEAR ONE: BATMAN/SCARECROW #1 (OF 2):

Some guy: "Whoa, girl, this is the Bat! The Legend! An his homie, The Pidgeon!"

Robin: "Actually, it is Robin..."

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:26 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K Von Doom
"Automated Quantum Weapon Platforms"? Nice try Scoob. I love Quasar and I wish he could do that but...

"However, there is a definite limit to the number of things he can animate at the same time. If a construct has moving parts--say, two blades of a pair of scissors--it will take concentration to keep that object operating. When he stops thinking about it, it will stop moving though it will not blink out of existence"

nice quote.... but it may not be technically accurate.... in the Avengers he has been seen to have constructed automated listening outposts throughout the galaxy while still performing other tasks.... if he can do one then why not the other?

... if Quasar has to concentrate to operate a pair of scissors...

FT wouldn't be able to channel quantum energy straight into himself. I mean, how many times have you seen Quasar lifting heavy weights all by his lonesome? He uses the Q-bands to make armor in order for him to do that. The Q-bands are strictly and outer power, not used to enhance strength and agility.

actually they can do precisely that...."Quasar could also use the quantum-bands to bolster his metabolism............... to give him superhuman strength and prowess." (same site)

Hmm... you're saying Flash would beat Thanos? All the heralds have hightened reaction speed, if not, do you know how many planets and moons they'd be bumping into while flying at warp speed? So, additionally, if they can fly and react at warp speed, then they'd be fighting at that speed.

Heralds can see pretty bloody far...... i'd say that was one of the things that stops them bumping into stuff.... plus Surfer has memorised every star system he's ever seen.... and i wouldn't put it past Galactus to have shoved some navigational info into their heads along with the enhancements...... there is also the argument that objects travelling at warp speeds exist outside the physical universe.... did you see that episode of Stargate where they use the engines of a ship to make an asteroid move out of normal space and pass through the earth without harming it?..... as for the fighting at "warp speed".... this is bull..... i have never seen any evidence of any herald moving at tremendous speeds other than their flight speed..... even the Thing got some hits in on the Surfer

I believe you'll agree that Loki and Enchantress have both, at one time or another, influenced, clouded or controlled Thor's mind. Of course, in the end, being the hero Thor would break free. But that's after a while - but this fight will last about two minutes at the longest.

they may have influenced Thor.. but i've never seen them control Thor.... and they always planned issues in advance... they never managed it within the space of a few minutes... or even a second... which is how long this fight will last if MTM is wasting time on trying to control minds

While Q-bands can neglect mystical shields, Quasar can still be bound by mystical means so the crimson bands aren't out of the question.

bound.... perhaps..... but only as long as it takes to cut/blast through any magical construct.... such as the crimson bands..... so that might last you about 0.2 of a second...... if you can catch me first that is stick out tongue
The real Morgred will be in the middle of the battlefield once the fight begins

how do you get to start in the middle?... don't we start at opposite ends...?
He's surrounded by numerous duplicates which he created during prep time. In addition, these duplicates are protected by magical and cosmic shields

my quantum enhanced Mjolnir blasts will cut though them like wet pasta.... as you obviously can't give multiple duplicates full strength shields... each one you create uses a little power.... now you create shields for everyone.... major power drain
Morgred is intangible

which still isn't invulnerable from every energy attack i have at my disposal...... you can only hide like that for so long before it becomes a liability
Thordon starts hammering through the shields looking for the real Morgred

actually he just blasts though them all while zeroing in on the source of the energy
A constant stream of telepathic blasts attack Thordon's mind, rendering him incapable of creating effective Q-constructs on the fly (see Q-bands limitations)

at the moment he's not indulged in complex thought.... just constant blasting which only requires him to aim... or swing wildly with the hammer depending on the number of duplicates
Dozens of earth pillars shoot up from the ground forcing Thordon to split his time between hammering shields and dodging the pillars

split time at Flash speeds is barely worth mentioning
Mystical fire engulfs Thordon as he's flying around, taking away any Quantum armor he might be wearing and any strength enhancements that gave him, leaving him with regular Thor strength

you have to hit me first... which will be very tricky at best... plus i can absorb the fire into Mjolnir and use it's energy to further amplify my blasts
While Thordon is busy dodging pillars and attempting to break shields, all the duplicate Morgreds throw their axes at him, and Thordon, not knowing that they're merely illusions, evades them, putting him more on the defensive

nah.... i've already destroyed all the duplicates by now
Then Morgred casts a mystical mind-clouding spell that convinces Thordon that the real Morgred is right in front of him... Thordon throws Mjolnir towards his foe, convinced that it'll break through any shield, which it won't but that doesn't matter

Quasar's mind aint chucking hammers as his first attack..... it'd more likely be 100 quantum spears .... which will only distract for a fraction of a second
As Thordon releases Mjolnir, the crimson bands of cytorrak grab hold of his arms, holding them in place, a giant earth formation grabs hold of the rest of him... then the real Morgred teleports behind Thordon. He plunges his arm right into Thordon's back and rips out his spine... ending the fight (just as he did with the Demogorge) roll eyes (sarcastic)

well as mjolnir hasn't been released... and i'm in constant motion (have to keep moving at top speed with all these duplicates flying around) then your chances of catching me in any trap are extremely remote

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

how about .... during Thordon's insane looking blasting of everything that looks remotely like MTM he hits the real one... the combination of electromagnetic and mystical energies even hurts his intangible form... forcing him to become tangible to bulk up his physical resilience with cosmic energy..... or at least he hopes to... as soon as he's corporeal Thordon hurls hundreds of spears backed up with even more insane blasting (Earthworm Jim style..... hahahahahahahha) which knock MTM all over the place, discombobulating him.... leaving him stunned and open for a few hundred hammer strikes to the head and chest region.... which turns "Morgred the Martian" into "Morgred the dead guy that resembles jam"
hmmmm.... that's a much catchier name

cool

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on May 31st, 2005 at 01:19 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2005 01:07 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

From Quasar's website that Scoob provided... a quantum construct will pass right through a magic shield, just like a mystical blast cuts through a quantum shield... as though they weren't even there. So, for instance, if Dr Strange shoots some magical energy, Quasar won't be able to redirect it or block it with the Q-bands, all he can do is get out of the way. Similarly, if Quasar makes a quantum hammer to squash the Sorcerer Supreme, Dr Strange has to get out of the way or conjure an actual physical shield (like granite or steel), he can't block it via mystical energy (shield of the seraphim). Hope that clears things up.

i wondered about this myself.... more of energy blasts than constructs though...... i was thinking if quantum energy passes through magical constructs, and magical enrgy passes through quantum constructs.... then waht happens if quantum blasts hit magical blasts?...... i just figured they would sort of... stop each other.... or pass straight through each other....... magic is not good for logical thought.... confused

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 31st, 2005 01:11 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
YEAR ONE: BATMAN/SCARECROW #1 (OF 2):

Some guy: "Whoa, girl, this is the Bat! The Legend! An his homie, The Pidgeon!"

Robin: "Actually, it is Robin..."

Uh...posted this wrong thread. Sorry.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 01:15 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Uh...posted this wrong thread. Sorry.

thanks for quoting it so that it appeared twice in the wrong thread.... laughing out loud

i take it it was for the funniest quote thread or something?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:24 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

My vote has changed back and forth a few times....but just so I have mine in before the match ends...

I vote for Scoob.

I think Morgred's magical telepathy would slow Thordon down enough to make it a fight, but I just think that Scoob's amalgam is more powerful and tougher, even in a straight-up fight once Thordon has been slowed down some by the telepathy.

Certainly not beyond changing my vote if KVD re-changes my mind (great fight, both of you, by the way) but that's it for now.

-DM

Old Post May 31st, 2005 07:35 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, this IS a good one. well done both.

not that i can vote, but i'd have to say kvd. as digi says above, the telepathy would slow FT down. it would only have to do so for a tiny amount of time. then mordred could get rid of the q-armor and morg could finish it, or he could encase him in the crimson bands. thor HAS been controlled many times in the past (purple man did it quite easily once, not to mention the enchantress, and he has fallen prey to many illusions)

just seems to me scoob has to struggle with ways to combat the telepathic edge - the only CLEAR edge either has in this. in a battle this close though, ANY edge has to be considered an advantage.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:22 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I'm putting my vote in for KVD. Strength-wise, they're even, since Morg is obviously high Herald level and MM can increase himself to near Superman strength. Speed isn't as different as some people think, since MM has shown to have some superspeed movement/reaction feats. For me it came down the the magic/telepathy. Two kinds of telepathy plus some damn good magical knowledge is just too much of an edge to ignore.

EDIT: Err, or I could just say ditto to what leonidas said, lol.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:24 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Ditto KVD. Damn, that's lot of info. Maybe my vote will change later I don't know. KVD gets my vote. Just barely, by a millimeter

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:40 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

loki had control of thor in that whole thing with the asgardian destroyer didnt he?

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post May 31st, 2005 09:53 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Scoobless
how about .... during Thordon's insane looking blasting of everything that looks remotely like MTM he hits the real one... the combination of electromagnetic and mystical energies even hurts his intangible form... forcing him to become tangible to bulk up his physical resilience with cosmic energy..... or at least he hopes to... as soon as he's corporeal Thordon hurls hundreds of spears backed up with even more insane blasting (Earthworm Jim style..... hahahahahahahha) which knock MTM all over the place, discombobulating him.... leaving him stunned and open for a few hundred hammer strikes to the head and chest region.... which turns "Morgred the Martian" into "Morgred the dead guy that resembles jam"
hmmmm.... that's a much catchier name

cool

Well Scoob, I was just going by what it said on the website that you provided. It says Quasar has to concentrate to operate a pair of quantum scissors. I don't like it either but that's what it says.

My guy will be using telepathy to (a) constantly barrage FT with telepathic blasts which will most likely slow him down (b) ditto psionic blasts that the Q-bands can't defend against and (c) influence FT into believing the duplicate that he's facing is the real MTM... although controlling your mind (Quasar) is a viable option that's still open... again, see your website, magicians can control Wendell's mind. If you use the "Thor's brain" argument... everyone knows that he's been influenced numerous times by Loki, Enchantress...

You're going to cut or blast your way free of the crimson bands in 0.2 seconds? How are you going to do that when your arms are pulled apart and have no leverage? And oh... I'll catch you... I know you'll be running away... Heh. As mentioned by Khellendros, Martian Manhunter also has superspeed, not equal to the Flash, but still fast nonetheless. I didn't want to say it as I believe Morg's speed and reaction will be sufficient in this battle, but anyway, now that it's out there... your speed advantage isn't that great.

I actually meant that I'll be starting somewhere in the middle of my half of the battlefield, not that it makes any difference as I'll be teleporting around.

Actually my duplicates will have an outer magical shield and an inner cosmic shield. A quantum blast will bypass the outer shield and be stopped by the cosmic one. Now, if the quantum bands drain the cosmic shield, what then? They can't detect whether the Morgred inside the shield is real or not because it's magically created. A blast from Mjolnir will be stopped by the outer magical shield. Of course, neither shield will hold up for very long against a sustained attack. However, if by chance, you stumble on the real one and start pummeling the shields, Morgred will have teleported elsewhere and replaced himself with a simulacrum by the time you're done. And again, that's if you're not hit by the numerous granite pillars shooting up from the ground. And absorbing magical and cosmic shields doesn't happen at light speed. You can fly around at that speed all you'd like but then you're still slowed down to how fast the Q-bands and Mjolnir are able to absorb said energies.

Chucking 100 or 1000 quantum spears will pass right through the real Morgred and duplicates. Actually it will be quite easy to funnel you into a trap... it'll end the fight quicker but by having just four or five duplicates with highly concentrated cosmic and mystic shields which will be tougher to get through. All of them close to each other. Granite pillars shooting up at a higher frequency forcing you to evade rather than smash through them, and gale force winds forcing you into a certain direction (of course, you wouldn't know you're being forced into a certain direction as you'd be flying away from the pillars anyway). While trying to smash or absorb away at any of the duplicates, the crimson bands will be conjured to bind your legs and at the same instant a giant earth hand reaches up to grab your legs yet again while covering the crimson bands in the process, protecting them from being negated by Mjolnir. Regular fire would engulf you, not magical fire that can be absorbed - all the while being psionically and telepathically attacked. Morgred would teleport behind you, severing the hand that holds your hammer. Another crimson band would bind your lone operating arm. Bound, burnt and reeling in pain... your character is granted release via an axe to the back.

Planned attack > Insane hammer throwing eek!

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:15 PM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Scoobless
i wondered about this myself.... more of energy blasts than constructs though...... i was thinking if quantum energy passes through magical constructs, and magical enrgy passes through quantum constructs.... then waht happens if quantum blasts hit magical blasts?...... i just figured they would sort of... stop each other.... or pass straight through each other....... magic is not good for logical thought.... confused

From your website yet again...

"Fortunately, magicians have no control over the energies he manipulates so he should be able to slam an energy construct through a mystical shield of Seraphim, for instance."

SHOULD be able to slam an energy construct

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:18 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

My guy will be using telepathy to (a) constantly barrage FT with telepathic blasts which will most likely slow him down (b) ditto psionic blasts that the Q-bands can't defend against and (c) influence FT into believing the duplicate that he's facing is the real MTM... although controlling your mind (Quasar) is a viable option that's still open... again, see your website, magicians can control Wendell's mind. If you use the "Thor's brain" argument... everyone knows that he's been influenced numerous times by Loki, Enchantress...

influenced isn't the same as controlled..... Enchantress may have persuaded him to do stuff but she never commanded him like a puppet and Loki's tried to kill him loads of times.... if he could just take over his mind then he wouldn't have any problem
You're going to cut or blast your way free of the crimson bands in 0.2 seconds? How are you going to do that when your arms are pulled apart and have no leverage? And oh... I'll catch you... I know you'll be running away... Heh. As mentioned by Khellendros, Martian Manhunter also has superspeed, not equal to the Flash, but still fast nonetheless. I didn't want to say it as I believe Morg's speed and reaction will be sufficient in this battle, but anyway, now that it's out there... your speed advantage isn't that great.

Quasar can mentally control the items he creates.... he doesn't need his arms to move a sword construct to cut a magical bond
FT's speed advantage in flight is that great he has interplanetary flight speed coupled with Flash reaction times plus the quantum bands warn of danger coming thordon's way.... this far surpasses either Morg or MM .... you wont be able to catch him stick out tongue
Actually my duplicates will have an outer magical shield and an inner cosmic shield. A quantum blast will bypass the outer shield and be stopped by the cosmic one. Now, if the quantum bands drain the cosmic shield, what then? They can't detect whether the Morgred inside the shield is real or not because it's magically created. A blast from Mjolnir will be stopped by the outer magical shield. Of course, neither shield will hold up for very long against a sustained attack. However, if by chance, you stumble on the real one and start pummeling the shields, Morgred will have teleported elsewhere and replaced himself with a simulacrum by the time you're done. And again, that's if you're not hit by the numerous granite pillars shooting up from the ground. And absorbing magical and cosmic shields doesn't happen at light speed. You can fly around at that speed all you'd like but then you're still slowed down to how fast the Q-bands and Mjolnir are able to absorb said energies.

i'm not firing separate blasts, i'm focusing the quantum bands power into Mjolnir and adding it to the mystical energies fired..... that plus any energy you fire can be absorbed through Mjolnir to add even more power to these blasts..... you're splitting up your power between duplicates... i'm concentrating and increasing my power into blasts.... these enhanced blasts will destroy any weak variants of your shields in an instant.... this is all while simultaneously drawing off your power cosmic whenever it is detected and add that to my own energies
Granite pillars won't penetrate quantum shields... or hurt Thor's body
the more time you spend on your confusion tactics the more of your own energy you use up...... my blasts have an infinite supply of energy, your magic does not... you will constantly weaken while i can draw in power from any source around to continually up my power output
Chucking 100 or 1000 quantum spears will pass right through the real Morgred and duplicates. Actually it will be quite easy to funnel you into a trap... it'll end the fight quicker but by having just four or five duplicates with highly concentrated cosmic and mystic shields which will be tougher to get through. All of them close to each other.

good.... much easier target..... i continue with the blasting while also calling down full power mystical lightning bolts to hammer away at your shields from above... less target's = more time to concentrate firepower
Granite pillars shooting up at a higher frequency forcing you to evade rather than smash through them, and gale force winds forcing you into a certain direction

wind is not going to force FT anywhere... and the granite pillars still wont get through my shields... or hurt me if they do (which they wont ) stick out tongue
Regular fire would engulf you, not magical fire that can be absorbed

regular fire can be absorbed by Thor...... but i don't know why you'd use it as he's invulnerable to something so timid anyway

by this point your character is feeling the strain of over using his magic and being under constant assault... you weaken and so do your shields.... with the magical aspect of your power failing your duplicates begin to fade and i can concentrate all my power and lightning on a solitary target...... under this level of attack you fall quickly and i drain all of your remaining power...... then quantum create myself up a revolver and pistol whip you unconscious

evil face

Planned attack > Insane hammer throwing eek!

i said insane looking hammer swinging... not actual insane throwing..... don't you think it would look a little crazy if you saw a big blonde guy flying around with a large hammer that has highly destructive energy coming out of it swinging it around and blowing the crap out of everything in sight?

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Jun 1st, 2005 at 11:17 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 11:13 AM