KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » megadeath or slayer

megadeath or slayer
Started by: waspluver

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: !!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Korri
No, Dave Mustaine is.
Wrong. Load, Re Load, Garage Inc., St. Anger are...

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 02:25 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Re: Re: Re: !!!!!!

Originally posted by SlipknoT
Wrong. Load, Re Load, Garage Inc., St. Anger are...

Oh Dear,

someone is very ignorant smile.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:39 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Garage Inc." is easily the best collection of covers ever assembled. Can anyone find me better?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 03:31 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: !!!!!!

Oh Dear,

someone is very ignorant smile.
You're not ignorant Korri, you're just very mis Informed smile

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 07:00 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Mis Informed? By whom?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 05:37 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PunisherFan33
Gods sittin this one out

slayer

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:07 PM
PunisherFan33 is currently offline Click here to Send PunisherFan33 a Private Message Find more posts by PunisherFan33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mis Informed? By whom?
Yourself

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:57 PM
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

Re: megadeath or slayer

Originally posted by waspluver
who do you like more megadeath or slayer?I cant choose I like them both.

Both bands have excellent points.

Slayer wrote Raining Blood, one of the greatest metal songs of all time, while none of Megadeth's songs can match it.

But as a huge Deth fan, I have to go with the Megadeth because their overall talent and discography is much better than that of Slayer.

This sig was brought to you buy CorderaMitchell and Piggle. Blame them.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 02:02 AM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Re: Re: megadeath or slayer

Originally posted by RagnaViper
Both bands have excellent points.

Slayer wrote Raining Blood, one of the greatest metal songs of all time, while none of Megadeth's songs can match it.

But as a huge Deth fan, I have to go with the Megadeth because their overall talent and discography is much better than that of Slayer.

Bullshit. That's straight up bull..shit. You HONESTLY think that you could match Dave Lombardo or Paul Bostaph with Nick Menza? Seriously? Mustaine vs King or Henneman?

This is beyond opinion, what you're claiming is virtual sacrilidge. There's no comparison.

Did You Know: King was Megadeth's original guitarist.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:13 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

Beyond opinion? Quiet. Everyone knows Megadeth hasn't been the same since Marty left, and Marty was the ****in' man. I'm considering their entire discography though. The part that includes Marty too. Not just what they are now.

Megadeth beats Slayer. Shut the f*** up.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:28 AM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

That point aside, what part of my statement was bullshit?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:30 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Beyond opinion? Quiet. Everyone knows Megadeth hasn't been the same since Marty left, and Marty was the ****in' man. I'm considering their entire discography though. The part that includes Marty too. Not just what they are now.

Megadeth beats Slayer. Shut the f*** up.

A drummer doesn't make a band, and that's a lame excuse. If that were true, Marty was only one 3 albums, 2 of which were not very well recieved, and Megadeth's only real breakout album was "Countdown to Extinction".

Megadeth isn't worthy of even being mentioned in the same breathe, sentence, or paragraph as Slayer when it comes to musicianship. Slayer are metal gods, they literally invented thrash metal and set the standard, which is still followed today. Having released what is essentially the perfect album in "Reign in Blood" and the most complete live album in "DOA", I don't see how even the most biased Megadeth fan could make such a heinous claim.

Megadeth pussed out in the 90's, went totally soft. Slayer? "Diabolus" they dabbled in nu-metal, but when "God Hates Us All" came out, they ****ing pummeled the competition.

I IMPLORE you to find a Megadeth track that's as mentally disembowling as "Warzone" or "Payback".

Go for it. You're in the minority here, and I'll start a thread to prove it.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:26 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

That point aside, what part of my statement was bullshit?

That. Easily. Nobody will agree with you. Not even Dave Mustaine. Slayer's talent is undeniably better honed than Megadeth ever could wish to reach.

In all honesty, they are two totally different types of bands, Megadeth is heavy metal, Slayer is thrash.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:29 AM
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

Which begs the question: can you compare two unlike things?

Imagine a thread: Metallica vs. 50 Cent. Most people would probably say Metallica's better, but it just isn't true. They're unlike things and you can't compare them.

So let me correct myself: I like Megadeth more than Slayer.

Honestly this entire thread is unanswerable because Slayer and Megadeth are completely different bands. You're right.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 11:53 PM
MrMind

megadeth goes too technical, slayer is definitely more brutal and of course more legendary

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 07:34 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I love both but I'm a Slayer fanboy at heart!

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 05:57 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Slayer hands down. when someone says thrash, first song everyone metalhead thinks of is "raining blood". may not have been the first thrash band but they have mastered it and shaped it into what it is today

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post May 1st, 2011 11:48 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

Love both bands but 80's METALLICA are better than both bands....

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 04:43 PM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Close but I'm more of a Megadeth fan. Holy Wars is one of my all time favorite songs.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:49 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This should have been a poll thread. Slayer all the way for me. I never have been able to get into megadeth. Metallica and Meshuggah, though, I like more than Slayer.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 09:02 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote