KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Movie recommendations

Movie recommendations
Started by: BakaXero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Movie recommendations

This thread is for movies recommendations. foriegn movies people dont watch because its most likely unknown.

Anyways i've watching a few Korean movies lately and so mine will be korean.
1st one is for people who've seen the movie "my sassy girl" the same actress is in another movie called "windstruck" its a different story but there are parts that will remind you of "my sassy gir" especially the end. i wont tell you what it is, but you'll understand what i mean if you see it

second one is "attack the gas station" its about 4 guys who decide to rob a gas station. and out of boredom attack it a second time. but with the second time they did not find any money so decide to take things one step further and a whole series of event occur. very funny movie. It kinda makes me wanna rob a gas station, but only if it turns out like in the movie.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 10:44 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

My Sassy Girl (which America are remaking) is sooooo good, really love the film. Didn't enjoy Windstruck as much as My Sassy Girl but it was still a fun film that is worth the look.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:52 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
My Sassy Girl (which America are remaking) is sooooo good, really love the film. Didn't enjoy Windstruck as much as My Sassy Girl but it was still a fun film that is worth the look.

America will ruin it!!!
well i didnt think it was that great either but i thought i mentioned it because parts of it reminded me so much of my sassy girl stick out tongue
but her other movie was good. "Il marie" i think it was called stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:09 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

Any movie starring Ha Ji-Wan is usually a good bet. I think she is probably the best actress out there.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:01 PM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hk_*^^*

no... jun-jee-hyun is a good actress.... cha-tae-hyun is a good actor 2.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:19 PM
hk_*^^* is currently offline Click here to Send hk_*^^* a Private Message Find more posts by hk_*^^* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hk_*^^*

plus i dun think the americans should remake my sassy girl, they r just going 2 ruin it

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:19 PM
hk_*^^* is currently offline Click here to Send hk_*^^* a Private Message Find more posts by hk_*^^* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

korean names are confusing
they spell so many different ways
cause i thought it was Jeon Ji Hyun

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 03:32 AM
faradayslaw

Speaking of remakes, I read that Tom Cruise's production company has the rights to do an American version of "The Eye". For some reason, that worries me.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 03:22 PM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

I'd like to reccomend some of old Polish movies, they are really great, but unavailable outside my country unfortunately...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:52 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Recommend them, some people will be able to get hold of them.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 10:19 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...067#post4428067

A link to my post in 'best funny foreign movie thread' wink

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:10 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

French films released in 2004 :

- Mondovino (though it's a French-Italian-American-Argentinian film) : about the wine today all over the days. The things at stake...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411674/

- A tout de suite, nice film in black and white about a Parisian wealthy girl that falls in love with a robber and get abandoned in Morocco while they escape...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407342/
http://www.cinemaguild.com/atoutdesuite/

- Rois et Reine : "Parallel storylines tell the current state of affairs for two ex-lovers: Nora's a single mother who comes to care for her terminally ill father; holed in up in mental ward, Ismael, a brilliant musician, plots his escape" (imdb)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344273/

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 09:20 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joco

Old italian movies are great. If you didn't seen "Before the rain" and "Dust"(Milcho Manchevski) See It!!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 07:43 PM
joco is currently offline Click here to Send joco a Private Message Find more posts by joco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

right now i am into Asian cinema, so i will make a few recommendations....

Japanese.....Azumi and Azumi 2: Death or Love...about a little girl named Azumi who was plucked up and raised to be a sowrdsman assassin...then she and four others leave the mountain to carry out their mission to kill 3 warlords.....set in 19th century Japan

Casshern...another Japanese film, a debut by a director. Visually stunning, has got superhero-anime influences, and its themes range from religin, philosophy, science....amazing effects...and the lead actors aren't so bad either....

Nobody Knows. Great piece of acting from kids...and the 14-year-old lead won Best Actor in Cannes. How about that, eh? Great great great.

Korean....

My Sassy Girl
Windstruck
Il Mare
Joint Security Area
Taegukgi
Silmido
Musa (considered the BRAVEHEART of Asia...but I prefer this one over Mel Gibson's)
A Moment to Remember (this made me cry....better than THE NOTEBOOK!)

i have more....but let me go through all of them first....haha!

Last edited by jeffer_wrote on Jul 28th, 2005 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 02:10 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

GTO is a pretty good movie too. Not as good as the manga, but still good......

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 01:11 PM
Fanboy

The best movies I reccomend if you are looking for action are Prodigal Son,Shanghai express or Millionaires express pedicab driver,New Police Story,House of flying daggers,Odd Couple and that is most of the movies I can remember now.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 11:10 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

New Police Story rock One of Jackie Chan's best movies!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 12:22 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everything Jeffer recommended I recommend also, excellent list. Except A Moment To REmember, haven't seen that film yet.

The President's Last Bang is worth seeing also.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 02:45 PM
Kaleanae

Paradise Now

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 05:04 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

bang rajan
das experiment
downfall
casshern
life is beautiful
versus

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 11:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote