KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why do people not like Star Wars?

Why do people not like Star Wars?
Started by: Robin Darkside

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do people not like Star Wars?

I always liked star wars, and I dont understand how people can not like it. It seems that people think that there too intelligent or something. I watched the news today and some imply its all about selling mechandise. Revenge of the sith, I thought, everyone would like it, including the people who didn't like star wars before. Some news guy refered to another guy who said " Throw your heart over a fence, and people will follow", I'm not sure what exactly that means, but I can get an idea.

Whats worng with Sci Fi Fantasy movies. What do the others like? Titanic I guess.

Anyway, I just hate how people bad mouth starwars, its like there jealous of Lucas or something.

Thinking of the psychology or even the philosphy of star wars is too hard to think about right now. So hopefully someone can help me understand better....

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I understand why people dont like it, and I dont mind it. I dont understand the people who bash the **** out of it.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:28 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

the people who dont like the Matrix are the ones who dont understand it erm

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:29 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, I guess not everyone has to like the same things, but yes, why the f*** do they have to bash it is right. exactly. So many people like it, and you get the jerks on TV or the news having to say, its ridiculus or blah blah, whatever.

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:32 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mist
the people who dont like the Matrix are the ones who dont understand it erm

agreed.... or moreso, who don't want to take the effort to think about it and expect everything to be spelled out

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

lol you know what I don't understand? Walking into the theatre to pick up our tickets May 18th this group of 20 y/o girls is walking by and they say, "what is Star Wars anyways?" and another replies, "I think it's about aliens fighting or something..."

If you don't like it that's fine, but how do you spend 20 years on Earth without knowing what it is? eek!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lazerlike42
agreed.... or moreso, who don't want to take the effort to think about it and expect everything to be spelled out

I agree with that, People dont really think about it when they watch the movies. What do they think about then? maybe all they see is effects. Anyway, there missing out on quite a bit

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:36 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

The Matrix was good... the sequels were not.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:38 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

see that's why I say people don't like the sequels... I spent months in a Matrix forum when Revolutions came out and it made perfect sense if thought about it and tossed ideas around, and it actually gained a lot of interest after that. I liked them, I thought they weer good. I have many other more important reasons I think people don't like them..... but anyways.....

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:41 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

lol you know what I don't understand? Walking into the theatre to pick up our tickets May 18th this group of 20 y/o girls is walking by and they say, "what is Star Wars anyways?" and another replies, "I think it's about aliens fighting or something..."

If you don't like it that's fine, but how do you spend 20 years on Earth without knowing what it is? eek!

Exactly. Society is raising a bunch of stupid-spoiled-whores who have no brains.

Me personally? I like beauty and brains... like Natalie Portman! stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:43 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

see that's why I say people don't like the sequels... I spent months in a Matrix forum when Revolutions came out and it made perfect sense if thought about it and tossed ideas around, and it actually gained a lot of interest after that. I liked them, I thought they weer good. I have many other more important reasons I think people don't like them..... but anyways.....

Well, I don't want to turn this into a Matrix thread, but I enjoyed the Matrix and Reloaded... I just thought Revolutions needed more work. I think a lot of people would love to see an alternate version. Why wouldn't they? There's a market for it... lots of ways it could end... isn't that what the Matrix is about... alternate realities? Hmmm. Meditate on this I will. big grin

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:50 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

The ideas brought up and developed on in the Matrix sequels were great... I hate the films for other reasons. Revolutions was just boring... and Reloaded was a CG-fest. And not a good one either.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:52 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

you might be thinking, "Star Wars isn't real!". Tell that to the masses who dress up every day as Darth Vader and Princess Leia across the globe, tell that to the folks who build droid replicas in their garages, study Sith history, and practice their Huttese. Star Wars is very real.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:54 AM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Yoda
The One and Only

Originally posted by DarkYoda
Exactly. Society is raising a bunch of stupid-spoiled-whores who have no brains.

Me personally? I like beauty and brains... like Natalie Portman! stick out tongue

Fine, Natalie Portman is!

And anyway, here is how i see it: Some jacka$$/dumba$$ starts a rumor that only geeks watch those movies, because he didn't understand. Seeing as this guy is popular people believe him and the rumor spreads. Soon everyone knows and wants to fit in, so they don't like Star Wars.

sig by Ast Rofan "Remember the 18th!!! Remember the 4th!!! Remember the Grill!!!"

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Lord Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

that sig sucks

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:59 AM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Yoda
Fine, Natalie Portman is!

And anyway, here is how i see it: Some jacka$$/dumba$$ starts a rumor that only geeks watch those movies, because he didn't understand. Seeing as this guy is popular people believe him and the rumor spreads. Soon everyone knows and wants to fit in, so they don't like Star Wars.

followers, people dont think for themselves.

I had a somewhat similar experience, the opposite though

My best friend and I, always liked star wars, OT especially, seen the first show for all the PT. There were some we knew, who didn;t care for starwars, but when ROTS came out, because we were so big on it, others started to or pretended to get really into star wars. (Friends girlfriend and friends especially), its kinda weird

I think in that respect, people wanting to fit in would be correct

Last edited by Robin Darkside on Jun 2nd, 2005 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 06:05 AM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

In my experienece, those who don't like Star Wars are

a) Narrow minded and unimaginative.

b) Stupid.

I'm not kidding either. That is a GENUINE observation.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth vaper

and they dont have a good taste of good movies sick

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 11:29 AM
Click here to Send darth vaper a Private Message Find more posts by darth vaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Seeing as Star Wars is widely considerred not only the most important series of movies of all time, but also the BEST series of movies of all time, those that don't like it are stupid, in my opinion. There are a small minority who have legit reasons, but typically, in my experience, those that don't like Star Wars are stupid morons. The same stupid morons that think they're too big to watch Finding Nemo, think that Spider-Man is just a kids movie, video games are mindless, and that comic books are "below" them.

It's like shrugging off Casablanca or Citizen Kane as crap movies. You just don't.

"No, I am your father" - biggest movie quote EVER? Respect the 'Wars people.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Jun 2nd, 2005 at 11:44 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 11:39 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ccoo

A majority of people loved the original Star Wars. That movie is universaly loved. But once you start making sequels, and start expanding the story, you really have to like the subject alot to keep enjoying movies. As much as I have certain problems with the prequels, I give Lucas credit for keeping an interesting story for 6 movies. Usually most series begin to get real redundant after 2 or 3 sequels are made.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 11:43 AM
Click here to Send ccoo a Private Message Find more posts by ccoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote