KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin

Which do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Saesee Tiin 3 23.08%
Kit Fisto 10 76.92%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin
Started by: Wickerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin

Some info on Saesee Tiin:

As a member of the Jedi Council prior to the rise of the Empire, he held the title of Jedi Master even though he had (according to the Expanded Universe) never been known to take a Padawan learner - a testament to his skill as a Jedi and starfighter pilot. Saesee Tiin was mistakenly reported to have been killed during the Battle of Geonosis - this error was later attributed to the confusion of wartime journalism.

quote:
Master Tiin appears as a tall, brown skinned humanoid with long, inwardly curved horns on each side of his head. In the Expanded Universe, Tinn is identified as a member of the Iktotchi race with telepathic abilities and superb Force-enhanced piloting skills.

In The Phantom Menace, Saesee Tiin is seen with the Jedi Council and as a mourner at Qui-Gon Jinn's funeral on Naboo. Attack of the Clones sees Saesee Tiin as a participant in the Battle of Geonosis, the opening battle of the Clone Wars. Saesee Tiin also appeared in the second volume of the Clone Wars cartoon, where upon Master Mace Windu's orders, he led a battalion of clone troopers into the heated space battle above Coruscant. He boarded a Separatist cruiser and seized it with his troops.

Saesee Tiin is one of the Jedi killed by Darth Sidious after it is revealed that he and Palpatine are one and the same, as he along with Masters Mace Windu, Agen Kolar, and Kit Fisto confront Palpatine/Sidious in his office.

And some on Kit Fisto:

quote:
He is a renowned Jedi Master and Jedi Council member of great skill and vision.

Master Kit Fisto wielded a green lightsaber and practiced the Form I style of Lightsaber combat ( also known as Shii-Cho). He was one of the five Jedi who commanded the other Jedi at the Battle of Geonosis, along with Mace Windu, Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, and her apprentice, Barriss Offee.

The amphibious Kit Fisto hails from the planet Glee Anselm, and he is able to fight equally well on land and underwater; in the Clone Wars microseries on Cartoon Network, he leads the Galactic Republic's forces in defeating the Quarren Separatist League on the watery world of Mon Calamari.

Fisto, although a master in the quite simple Form I Lightsaber combat, was very strong with his lightsaber, one of the strongest in the galaxy at his time. This is perhaps the main reason that Master Windu chose him to be one of the Masters (along with Windu himself, Saesee Tiin, and Agen Kolar) who went to arrest Palpatine, who had been discovered to be Darth Sidious. Fisto was beheaded by Palpatine in the ensuing fight.

I've been reading the boards for a time now and seems to me that most people prefer Fisto over Tiin.
1. why is that?
2. Which one do you like best?

ps: in clone wars, Tiin is reffered to as "General Tiin", and Fisto is reffered to as "Master Fisto".

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:34 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

Was Fisto the one that actually sort of defended himself? There were two that died right off the bat and one that sort of defended himself. That's what my vote would be based on. Whoever didn't die first.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:12 PM
Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
Was Fisto the one that actually sort of defended himself? There were two that died right off the bat and one that sort of defended himself. That's what my vote would be based on. Whoever didn't die first.

not sure i remember, gonna have to go watch again. however, i wouldn't even consider the Sidious fight as it was crap and PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity)

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:52 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Fisto was second to last to die.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by HimoKun
Fisto was second to last to die.

you've successfully confused me no expression

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:57 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

KIT FISTO OWNS! Too bad he dies. At least he lasted a few seconds longer than Agen and Sassee. Kit Fisto is too damn cool to die like the other two punks.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by LordSorgo
KIT FISTO OWNS! Too bad he dies. At least he lasted a few seconds longer than Agen and Sassee. Kit Fisto is too damn cool to die like the other two punks.

k, but WHAT is it that makes him cooler than the other two punks?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:09 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wickerman
k, but WHAT is it that makes him cooler than the other two punks?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

He is Nautolan and he never blinks. And his underwater missions are so sweet. And i like his EU Stories. The rest are ugly ad queer. laughing

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

He is Nautolan and he never blinks. And his underwater missions are so sweet. And i like his EU Stories. The rest are ugly ad queer. laughing

I only saw one of his underwater missions, which was the one on Calamari. As for the rest being ugly and queer, well.....you really got me there no expression

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:12 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

I only saw one of his underwater missions, which was the one on Calamari. As for the rest being ugly and queer, well.....you really got me there no expression

~wickerman~

Have you seen Sassee? It looks as if someone smudged his face on a cement sidewalk. And Agen....Ugh! Kit is friggin' cool looking.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:14 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Have you seen Sassee? It looks as if someone smudged his face on a cement sidewalk. And Agen....Ugh! Kit is friggin' cool looking.

Yes, i've seen Saesee and personally i find him to look better as a jedi. A stern harsh look of a weathered face instead of a green boy-band singer IMO. And horns vs. hair tentacles? I mean....come on....

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:25 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, i've seen Saesee and personally i find him to look better as a jedi. A stern harsh look of a weathered face instead of a green boy-band singer IMO. And horns vs. hair tentacles? I mean....come on....

~wickerman~

Dude, as i recall, Sassee got stabbed down. At least Kit lasted a few seconds longer. And i believe a smooth face is better than a Cats ass face. And those horns are ugly as fock.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:53 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Dude, as i recall, Sassee got stabbed down. At least Kit lasted a few seconds longer. And i believe a smooth face is better than a Cats ass face. And those horns are ugly as fock.

so ok, you like Kit Fisto for his appearances and cause he lasted a few seconds longer to SIdious. (course i would be just speculating by saing it might've been Sid's plan to take out Saesee first cause he was stronger)

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 05:30 AM
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

Then why didn't he take out Mace first?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:05 PM
Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
Then why didn't he take out Mace first?

No man, i was just speculating, i don't really believe that. He just saw Saesee make a mistake and took advantage. However the fact that he made that mistake and died faster means nothing. It doesn't mean Fisto is a better fighter than Saesee is. Remember Obi-wan being saved by Anakin 9 (or 10) times? Does that make Anakin a better fighter? Not necessarily.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:23 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

so ok, you like Kit Fisto for his appearances and cause he lasted a few seconds longer to SIdious. (course i would be just speculating by saing it might've been Sid's plan to take out Saesee first cause he was stronger)

~wickerman~

Yup, because we all know Sassee was first to die.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 11:33 PM
Darth Panzerus

Saesee Tinn is the second to die. THe Jedi on Windu's right was impaled first (also, I was under the impression that this was Mace Windu's friend Eeth Koth - not "Agen Kolar")

GRD Panzerus (Sith)/FM/Dorimad Sol of Scholae Palatinae [ACC: SKR] DC / LSB / S:-3Al {SA: U:TL - U:TW - U:TA - G:LS - G:CM - G:LA - G:IRC - G:IRC2 - G:ICQ - G:HTML1 - G:AIC - G:MED - K:CORE - K:GS - K:POET - K:RO - O:CORE - S:CORE - S:ISET - S:ESET - S:TAC}

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Panzerus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Panzerus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Panzerus
Saesee Tinn is the second to die. THe Jedi on Windu's right was impaled first (also, I was under the impression that this was Mace Windu's friend Eeth Koth - not "Agen Kolar")

1. I know Sassee was second, i was being Sarcastic.
2. Agen Kolar IS the Jedi there that dies first, then Sassee Tinn then Kit Fisto.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 12:28 AM
Darth Panzerus

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just googled it and realized my mistake. All those Zabraks look alike to me - but then again, humans probably look all the same to them.

...Anywhos...my money is on Kit

GRD Panzerus (Sith)/FM/Dorimad Sol of Scholae Palatinae [ACC: SKR] DC / LSB / S:-3Al {SA: U:TL - U:TW - U:TA - G:LS - G:CM - G:LA - G:IRC - G:IRC2 - G:ICQ - G:HTML1 - G:AIC - G:MED - K:CORE - K:GS - K:POET - K:RO - O:CORE - S:CORE - S:ISET - S:ESET - S:TAC}

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth Panzerus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Panzerus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRSundown
Loke Groundrunner Rocks!

I have always liked Fisto ever since he was imagined by Lucas... I think he was killed off way to fast for as advanced as his skills were said to be... but the character that played the Chancellor was an older guy who's skills at sword play were obvioulsy very very very weak... to weak to support a two vs one dual with Fisto and Windu... So they killed off Fisto.

Two Galaxies... One Battlefield.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:16 PM
Click here to Send TRSundown a Private Message Find more posts by TRSundown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote