KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE III (JEDI)- Revelations

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE III (JEDI)- Revelations
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (143): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE III (JEDI)- Revelations

A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away…

Music- Star Wars Main Theme

EPISODE III- REVELATIONS

It is four years since the Battle of Naboo and the election of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Under his wise and popular guidance, the Republic is thriving and many see a new era of peace and prosperity ahead

Yet many are also becoming the losers in this new era. As corporate interests gain power, the inner worlds become more secure at the expense of the outer. In recent months, fifty-seven star systems have declared that they will hold referenda amongst their own people inside the year, on the question of possible secession from the Republic.

As political uncertainty grips the Senate, the task is still given to the Jedi Order to maintain order in such times. Three important missions now need some of their finest agents to combat new threats to peace and justice throughout the Galaxy…

-

Welcome to Episode III of the second campaign. Whilst this is the third Episode, having thematically built on new ideas and enemies introduced in the two before, this is the start of a new storyline, and is therefore an ideal place for new players to join under the watchful eye of the veterans.

As the game opens, there is in fact nothing happening! This is because the game is not opening in a single continuity. Instead, we are in a vague time period during which all players are assigned to go on one of three important missions, sent by the Jedi Council. Once everyone has chosen their assignments, they will get their full briefings, and once everyone is ready to go, all three missions will start.

Players in the different missions are pursuing entirely isolated cases and will not be working with each other, or be in communication with each other- when I say not in communication, I mean no need rather than not able… though that said, you never know.

Veteran players will be taking the part of senior members of the missions; the most senior in each is in charge. New players are all talented Jedi, maybe in one of their earliest assignments, maybe not, but these are high-profile missions you are on and so the Council has faith in you.

Because we are dealing with three separate missions here, it is difficult for me to state what sort of threats you might face. The three missions cover a wide range of Jedi life, from exceptionally talk-heaviness to a good old combat mission. However, even the combat mission has a fair degree of investigation in it- don’t expect anything like the Interlude- and it is only fair to warn you that each mission has one element in of extreme danger. You probably worked that out for yourselves, else there would be no drama, but it is still fair that I let you know.

There is a certain element of increasing ‘darkness’ creeping into these missions now. In particular, the 100% Jedi (i.e. non-Renegade) plots are definitively darker in tone than before. You’ve been warned!

At this point, I need to ask everyone what, if any, predictive power they wish to use before the game starts. I’ll need to know it pretty quickly because once the plot gets underway you are forbidden from using them. As a reminder, the predictive powers you may have taken are:

Dreams. Using this gives you a small chance that the Force will have given you insight into what is to come in the upcoming story, giving you a chance to better react and deal with these events.

Foresight. This is better than Dreams- it represents you actually spending time to navigate the future to deliberately try and get warning of upcoming events. It can give far more clear and comprehensive visions than Dreams.

Instincts. The power of the Living Force gives you no warning about the future at all, but makes you more likely to do things right once you get there. A successful use of Instincts will give you a certain amount of re-rolls to use during the story, which you can use whenever a die roll goes badly to get a better result.

So, if you have Foresight, don’t use Dreams, Foresight is simply better. So if you have a choice, chose between either Cosmic Force prediction in advance, or Living Force sense at the time.

If you wish, you may reduce your force rating by one for the story to get +1 on your prediction roll. The Force power Augury also gives a bonus to these rolls, as does the Acolyte talent ‘Highly Symbiotic’. If the upcoming storyline is drastically relevant to you, you get +4 to the roll, but I will not tell you that in advance.

Choose one; I shall make the roll and tell you the result. Bear in mind that the rolls are not easy and if you get a result you have been lucky. One important note- I won’t tell you the result if you use Dreams or Foresight until after you chose your mission… for reasons that should be obvious.

Good luck folks; the next post I make will be the starting situation.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 3rd, 2005 at 02:15 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Music- Arrival on Naboo

(Try to look up the tracks I mention, because how they sound is more important than their name. Obviously you aren't actually on Naboo).

Three missions then! I shall describe each, and add some comments. These descriptions are only summaries- you get more in-depth summaries after you decide!

Mission 1- Type: Diplomatic

On a Core World, one of the founder worlds of the Republic, the impossible has happened- a peaceful, enlightened society has found itself confronted by the potential of armed rebellion against its Government. All internal efforts have failed; the Jedi are now needed to arbitrate and negotiate a peaceful solution.

Mission 2- Type: Investigation (undercover)

In these affluent but corrupt times, one of the greatest criminal threats in the Inner Worlds is drug smuggling. A vast, Galactic-scale drug smuggling operation has been traced to a famous medical world, but no investigation has revealed any further. Jedi are now required to go undercover inside the hospital facilities to expose the centre of this vile drug smuggling racket.

Note- as an undercover mission, players are subject to certain restrictions on this choice

Mission 3- Type: Combat (or 'Aggressive Negotiation')

On the fringes of the Republic, an insane and evil cult has long plagued the border worlds. Now the Cult has grown from being a pest into an out and out threat to the security of these worlds. The Cult is outside the Republic and hence has never seen justice before, but now they have gone too far. The Senate and Jedi Order have permitted an operation to leave the Republic and remove the threat of the Cult by any means necessary.

And now, some notes:

The Diplomatic mission is very sensitive. The Jedi want one of their most senior members on that mission- that's either Marcus or Roan, and no reason why it can't be both, though don't feel obliged.

Do not take the Diplomatic mission if you think you are going to start a war by opening your mouth!

The Jedi are not greatly interested in constructive dialogue during the Combat mission- not that they are preaching genocide, just they know that any settlement will come only from a position of strength. That being the case, there is room for investigation and socially-capable characters on that mission (to dictate terms if nothing else), but if you see your role as more of the passive side of things, this isn't the mission for you.

The Order would particularly like Gallagher on the Investigation mission. Not only is this the best choice for him to practice his skills (he's not really suited for negotiation or combat), he also loses out less from having to go undercover. Furthermore, he has some unique advantages for this mission that the Order wishes to make use of.

However, in recognition that things don't always go as planned, the Council would like at least one person on that mission who can fight without a Lightsabre to protect Gallagher if things go wrong. This is also handy if your investigation is successful and the criminals resist arrest. Other than that, it's a good mission for social and investigative characters also.

The final note is this- your choice here will dictate your purpose for the next TWO Episodes. So please do choose carefully.

This process also acts as a 'role call'. Because I am unsure who is still playing, or what new players that have expressed interest are going to go for it, I will see who actually signs up for a mission. That will then represent our roster for this Episode. Once the missions start, the door closes, though I might make some exceptions in various circumstances. I am sure you can appreciate things work much better without further Jedi suddenly just turning up- especially on an undercover mission. If anyone wants to play but is unavailable for regular play right now, please let me know so I can know you are there, just keeping quiet at first. Thanks.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 5th, 2005 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:05 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I will use Foresight. And I would like to play the diplomatic mission, suites my character the most.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:09 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Will the Missions all be in this thread?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 03:19 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I know it shouldn`t concern me: But are some members of this cult force sensitive? This would really interest my character.....

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Jun 3rd, 2005 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 04:28 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You'll find out, won't you?

Two of them will be, Bardock.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:02 PM
Bardock42

How many people should approximately be assigned to each mission?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They would in fact run with but one person each, though as mentioned, they prefer the bodyguard for the Investigation as well.

So slice it any way you like!

The combat mission might become overcrowded if too many people pick it.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:59 PM
Fire

I will DEFINITLY not take nr 2 besides that I don't care that much.

I'll go for Instincts, I'll be away from the 1st till the 15th of july ush, but besides that I'm game

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 08:13 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

I'll go with Gallagher on the investigative mission, if he doesn't mind. Otherwise the Combat will suit my character just fine. With Combat 14 and six combat tricks, I should be a good bodyguard. I just figure that the combat mission will be the most popular, and I don't mind a thinking challenge, leaving room for the fighting-only minded players.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I'll use Dreams.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 09:13 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Ah good decision Andro, I guess we won't be together on this mission.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 09:32 PM
Lord Melkor

I guess the combat mission will allow you learn about certain white-haired woman....

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:20 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Well then vilpa probably won't be meeting her

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:22 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

The Padawans are going to be separated anyways, aren't they?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:24 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Hmm, My First instint is to go with Diplomatic, But I'll talk it over with Fire...
And Dreams, seeing as its the only predictive power I have...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:24 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

If Gundy Returns I assume she'll wanna go for Diplomacy then I'll take the combat mission, if not I'll go wiv Diplomacy

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So is it right now that both the senior Jedi are going Diplomacy unless someone else is?

I dunno what Gundy can manage of long-term commitment.

So, so far...

Diplomacy:
Bardock

Investigation:
Gallagher
Andro

Combat:

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:55 PM
Fire

Well I think T will do it anywayz and I will only NOT do it if Gundy does it

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:58 PM
Lord Melkor

Nevermind.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Jun 3rd, 2005 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:01 PM
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Doesn`t Bardock play Gallagher?

No, Bardock plays Bardock....I am pretty sure confused

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:03 PM