KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Centre of gravity on the Death Star

Centre of gravity on the Death Star
Started by: spekdah

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spekdah
Restricted

Account Restricted

Centre of gravity on the Death Star

where would it be?
In Ep 4 when the Falcon gets tractor beamed into the hangar it docks side on into the DeathStar which would make the "gravity-pull" from the top down to the bottom of the station.
But if the centre of the gravity-pull was in the middle of the Death Star this would mean that the Falcon docked front-end-on into the hanger ( with the ass up in the air)which means when the occupants disembarked the ship they wouldve fallen inwards towards the centre of the station.

maybe its something to do with the "magnetic shields" ? although I thought that was a purely " shield" thing.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:48 PM
Click here to Send spekdah a Private Message Find more posts by spekdah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

It'd probably be in the center... but like all sci-fi, it has artificial gravity.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

My general idea is that it acts like a space ship. When travelling it...travels, when stationary it either lies on the outer part of a planet's gravitational field so that it can orbit it (kind of like a satellite) or it just stays somewhere away from the planet. Now, no matter how far from the surrounding planets or local star it may be, their gravitational fields will most likely reach it anyway, but i suppose it might stay in one single place like real life shuttles, by the use of small thrusters that make up for the small gravitational pull on it. Also, being that large, i'd imagine it normally should have a gravitational pull of its own. Awww damn....its too early for this stuff.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 05:28 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

why are you trying to ruin the starwars saga for us?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 11:50 AM
Click here to Send MYSTICAL BEING a Private Message Find more posts by MYSTICAL BEING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wouldn't the Death Star suck in SD's, and even SDDs by its gravity??

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Hell no!! if our puny "starships" can defy the earths gravitational pull, so can SD

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistaMandalore

Didn't the SSD in ROTJ get sucked into the DS after that punk rebel flew his a-wing into it's bridge? I alway hated that part. The SSD was to badass to nose dive into the DS like that.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:31 PM
Click here to Send MistaMandalore a Private Message Find more posts by MistaMandalore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gravity + Star Wars = no sense = doesn't remotely matter.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:08 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spekdah
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Gravity + Star Wars = no sense = doesn't remotely matter.

stop trying to ruin my "starwars ruining" thread

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:12 PM
Click here to Send spekdah a Private Message Find more posts by spekdah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RayIsGay
The Devil's Handgun

Its Called Star Wars Physics, the parts that make no sense physically, or anything like that, there is your reason!!!

Delay The Inevitable

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 06:57 AM
Click here to Send RayIsGay a Private Message Find more posts by RayIsGay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote