KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comic Book Questions

Comic Book Questions
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (575): « First ... « 564 565 [566] 567 568 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It was a comic, way older than the show you mentioned stick out tongue But thanks anyway...

I was able to find that UK Spectacular Spider-Man issue with Lady Deathstrike bonding with Venom, but can't find the one I'm looking for

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 04:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ah

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/rev...lar_uk/052.html

sweet combo. are UK books typically considered canon? i thought they were....

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 11:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thanks, leo!

I know this site, spiderfan org... wasn't looking hard enough... sometimes, being lazy is a curse. Knew I could count on someone here, though.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
sweet combo. are UK books typically considered canon? i thought they were....

From your link:

This long-running three-weekly UK Magazine started out by running reprints for 51 issues. But starting with this very issue, it launched a string of original out-of-continuity Spider-Man stories created in the UK which was to last for more than a decade, until Disney pulled the plug in 2011.

--
PS. I believe the same series (probably) introduced an incredibly powerful version of Looter - who was able to feed on Silver Surfer's energy blasts.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 11:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

glad to help. thumb up

too bad it's not canon though. have you read much of the series? sounds like some interesting ideas.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 11:51 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

glad to help. thumb up

Really appreciate it.

too bad it's not canon though. have you read much of the series? sounds like some interesting ideas.

Many years ago, but yes, I have.

There was also a retelling of Spidey/DD first team-up... when they fought against the Circus of Crime... ah, memories.

Carnage symbiote has also possessed Octavius in the first major Spider-Man game... available on PC and PlayStation... the result was much more monstrous, though:

(first 20 seconds of the vid)

That's why he was called Monster Ock there

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 12:11 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud be awesome if that thing made an appearance in a canon series...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 02:14 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

They probably take place in one of the alternate universes designated with a different number than 616

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 08:15 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Did Human Torch and Pyro ever fight?

I seem to recall them having a standoff but can't find the issue.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 08:36 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by krisblaze
Did Human Torch and Pyro ever fight?

I seem to recall them having a standoff but can't find the issue.

Only in the Marvel Adventures universe, I think:

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/1648...der-man_2005_31

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 01:21 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

They fought in Human Torch/Iceman mini.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 05:34 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Link?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 06:07 PM
Insane Titan

What issues does the red Onslaught storyline run through?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:37 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Insane Titan
What issues does the red Onslaught storyline run through?
Sorry, just saw this question.

Here is a screencap of my Onslaught Saga collection. It contains all the specific issues associated with the arc:
http://i.imgur.com/DxG38Sy.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 4th, 2016 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 03:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

^ This is my #1 problem with comics and, I would assume, many other people's as well.

You practically need a Phd to follow the proper reading orders for events, even small ones like this - to say nothing of the unnecessary difficulty of obtaining select issues from two dozen titles most of which you don't normally follow/care about.

Just give it to me straight, Marvel/DC erm

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Last edited by Cogito on Oct 4th, 2016 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 04:04 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agreed. Even more ridiculous is that by today's standards, 38 issues in an event is chump change. For example: Civil War, Secret Invasion, and Fear Itself each had well over 100 issues that made up their totality... F*cking stupid.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 4th, 2016 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 04:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Galan007
Sorry, just saw this question.

Here is a screencap of my Onslaught Saga collection. It contains all the specific issues associated with the arc:
http://i.imgur.com/DxG38Sy.jpg
cheers G thumb up

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 09:03 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by abhilegend
They fought in Human Torch/Iceman mini.

I'm unaware of this, I can't find it on the Marvel wiki and I didn't cover it in my FF respect thread...

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 07:34 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Anyone know who the biggest Sabretooth fan regularly on the board is? I'm hoping to get some info...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 11:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Frankly, I don't think there *are* anymore hardcore 'tooth fans that are still active.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2016 01:09 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Shit. Oh well.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2016 02:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote