KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Who should play Psylocke in an Xmen movie?

Who should play Psylocke in an Xmen movie?
Started by: havok801125

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
I reckon Marsden had the look down. But he was a cold and dull character in the films. He hardly took a leadership role that demanded respect.

The movies really wanted to focus on Logan.

He had the visor and the haircut... That's about it.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 10:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Scott's visage has changed drastically throughout the years. His face, his body. I've seen him skinnier than Cannonball then with more muscular arms than Colossus (X-tinction Agenda). Scott is one of the most inconsistently drawn characters ever.

Marsden was fine. It was just terrible writing. He really wasn't much differently expression wise from the Animated Series version just less stoic.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 11:03 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Scott's visage has changed drastically throughout the years. His face, his body. I've seen him skinnier than Cannonball then with more muscular arms than Colossus (X-tinction Agenda). Scott is one of the most inconsistently drawn characters ever.

Marsden was fine. It was just terrible writing. He really wasn't much differently expression wise from the Animated Series version just less stoic.

I didn't mean his physique as much as i did him wearing a ****ing old-man cardigan.

For me, the animated version was much better; at least in the cartoon they hinted at what was behind the shades, so to speak. and they made his relationship with jean far closer to the comics too.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 09:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I can see Scott wearing one of those Christmas Sweaters with a reindeer on it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 12:28 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mastagambit
king of thieves

Zhi Zhang

Old Post Jul 24th, 2012 02:42 PM
mastagambit is currently offline Click here to Send mastagambit a Private Message Find more posts by mastagambit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I've had enough of Asian Psylocke and her bodysuit. Get Besty back in her original body.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 24th, 2012 08:47 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by roughrider
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I've had enough of Asian Psylocke and her bodysuit. Get Besty back in her original body.
I agree. That's why I thought Evanna Lynch. She can act, she's Irish but can play British, and she's blonde just like the original Pyslocke. Don't know if I want to see an evil version of her brother try to rape her or Slaymaster rip her eyes out with his bare hand in a movie though.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Last edited by Darth Jello on Jul 24th, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2012 10:13 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

I have waffled some but Psylocke is a late 20's early thirties and is fit and gorgeous therefore there should be an air of sexy and dangerous about her that a very young actress may not be able to pull off. English version Kate Beckinsale, Japanese version Moon Bloodgood. She is so hot she they renamed napalm after her.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 05:19 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

They have made betts English again and what do you all think about Rhona Mitra as Psylocke?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 04:04 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Kelly Brook!!

EOT

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 08:09 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

Ashley Greene.... Just changed my mind lol the English version long hair she looks a heck of a lot like a younger Kate Beckinsale, we can idiomatically adapt to a London accent

Old Post Mar 8th, 2013 01:21 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Let's start with a good actress. Also if we're following the source material, she should be older and somewhat weaker and less imposing than the other X-Men. Betts took to wearing armor because she felt like she was a liability (and she kind of was).

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 06:45 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

was there actually any good actresses beside Halle Berry in the movies? anna paquin is ok but really femke is not a good actress.
Secondly psylocke telepathically was always very powerful, she was rewritten after mojo world and a sense of broad insecurity, she was not so before that timeline. Older would depend on placement of the movies within the storyline.
I read a lot of comments and opinions about the x men I have every issue from giant sized number 1 byrne from 75, have you guys even read the history of which you all claim expertise?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 11:37 PM
ShannonLee

[B]Jessica Cambensy - Asian/White model who is currently doing MA comedies and lingerie shoots. She was recently in a crap film called Double Trouble with Jackie Chan's son.

I am not worried about crap film but she is just awesome in the video. Do you have more such videos to share?smile

Old Post May 12th, 2013 02:42 PM
ShannonLee is currently offline Click here to Send ShannonLee a Private Message Find more posts by ShannonLee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by ShannonLee
I am not worried about crap film but she is just awesome in the video. Do you have more such videos to share?smile

Just Google her.

Last edited by the ninjak on May 13th, 2013 at 08:53 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2013 08:50 PM
Salthasha

Olga Kurylenko would be perfect tall as is psylocke enough of the Asian look and yet she could easily mimic an English accent.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 04:21 AM
-Pr-

For post-swap Psylocke, i'd prefer someone more Asian-looking than Kurylenko, personally.

As to who that would be, I'm not sure.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 04:29 AM