KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn
Started by: ChaoticReign

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Naga Sadow

ye, ye, the point is, that those dark lords couldnt pose a threat...they werent even lords, they were lord wannabes. who trained them in the dark side knowledge? nobody. THEY SUCK ASS.defeating them isnt really that honorable.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Naga Sadow a Private Message Find more posts by Naga Sadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Naga Sadow
ye, ye, the point is, that those dark lords couldnt pose a threat...they werent even lords, they were lord wannabes. who trained them in the dark side knowledge? nobody. THEY SUCK ASS.defeating them isnt really that honorable.
Quoted for Truthery.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 05:07 PM
Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I agree, who or what were those guys... Nothing special or amazing

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draykid

Welp...

Kyle Katarn trained the dude who killed a ghost of one of the most powerfull Sith Lords ever. Not to mention he killed many Reborn.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Draykid a Private Message Find more posts by Draykid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Draykid
Not to mention he killed many Reborn.

Yeah, he killed a ton of those guys.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draykid

LMAO!

That's frickin' crazy. Also, he killed a ton of storm troopers, too. And those dark troopers er whatever they're called.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Draykid a Private Message Find more posts by Draykid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Yoda

I would say Katarn is considerable powerful. He could easily take on like five of those sith lord posers. Plus, he also mastered quite a few powerful force powers like sith lightning and force choke.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Lord_Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draykid

He's stronger then alot of Jedi. But, he's no match for many other, like Mace Windu, or Yoda, or Luke.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 09:41 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Some people are really underestimating Kyle when they say that he is at about the same level as Maul. I mean, with saber skills, Maul was pretty damn good, but overall, he wasn't that special. Kyle defeated over 5 Sith lords (Jerec, Desann, Tavion, Gork, Pik, Bok... those are the ones that come to mind), tons of reborn, tons of stormtroopers/darktroopers/swamptroopers etc, was trained by Luke Skywalker, and has mastered both light and dark sides of the Force. He could give the best Jedi a run for their money, even if he wouldn't necessarily win.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 09:48 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draykid

Damn straight.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 09:58 PM
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

How were those people Sith Lords? Who trained them?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draykid

Who knows?

And, maybe they learned from ancient Sith artifacts and such?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:07 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Nah, kyle is a pussy...besides, dessan knows shit bout dark side...tavion is his apprentice = she knows shit as well. and i have no idea who the **** jerec was...

Desann was trained by Luke, and he had been through the valley of the Jedi. As for Jerec, the new essential guide to characters says he was almost a Sith lord but Vader already held that title, plus he was also through the Valley of the Jedi.

And Snakeyes: Those guys aren't Sith lords, they're weaker. They're called Dark Jedi for a reason except Jerec was close to a Sith lord.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bishop X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, he killed a ton of those guys.

My God...does he really have to fight all of them in the actual game???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Bishop X a Private Message Find more posts by Bishop X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Bishop X
My God...does he really have to fight all of them in the actual game???

No, I cheat coded it and rigged it so I couldn't die. I can't imagine taking them all without cheats. You get force choked like every 10 seconds and there's so many lightsabers flying around that they actually killed themselves faster than I could at first.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

a question about kyle katarn...when you go to the SW databank the entry for him has a pic with it...

(please log in to view the image)

who is the guy playing him and what is the pic taken from that has a real person playing him

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 12:43 AM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
katarn did also...but left her alive after she pleaded for mercy in jedi outcast

I know that, but Jaden still "Defeated" her.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bishop X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
No, I cheat coded it and rigged it so I couldn't die. I can't imagine taking them all without cheats. You get force choked like every 10 seconds and there's so many lightsabers flying around that they actually killed themselves faster than I could at first.

Where can I find the cheats Swanky?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Bishop X a Private Message Find more posts by Bishop X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Originally posted by jaden101
a question about kyle katarn...when you go to the SW databank the entry for him has a pic with it...

(please log in to view the image)

who is the guy playing him and what is the pic taken from that has a real person playing him

In "Darkforces 2:Jedi Knight" game on the pc the cutscenes were live action.i do believe that is a sshot from that

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

cheers....havent played it...might try and get it on the cheap sometime soon..

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 01:38 AM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote