KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Twin's Poetry

Twin's Poetry
Started by: twin_soul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

well....umm....IM LAZY!!! so here is his site....just go here if you want to read it
fictionpress.com/~twinsoulice

thank you for your patience in this trying time of procrastination....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:05 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Awwww you're making us go find the poems in another thread instead? You ARE lazy haha stick out tongue I'll have to find time to do that lol

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:53 PM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

well its his own page on fictionpress, that has his poems...like you click on the poem title and it gives you the poem.....and yes....i am lazy...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 12:50 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

hey blair, give us a hyperlink man... hahahaa!

Sent from heaven to raise some hell.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 06:59 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
well its his own page on fictionpress, that has his poems...like you click on the poem title and it gives you the poem.....and yes....i am lazy...

lol I know that, but I'm too lazy to go find it right now stick out tongue
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 06:07 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twin_soul
Fire & Ice

Originally posted by DreamingWarrior

wow... haven't been here in forever... man, i'm really bad at keeping up with forums... embarrasment

http://www.fictionpress.com/~twinsoulice

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 11:47 PM
twin_soul is currently offline Click here to Send twin_soul a Private Message Find more posts by twin_soul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by twin_soul
wow... haven't been here in forever... man, i'm really bad at keeping up with forums... embarrasment

http://www.fictionpress.com/~twinsoulice

eek! omg hey!!! I missed seeing ya around! How ya been??

Old Post Feb 1st, 2006 04:51 AM
twin_soul
Fire & Ice

Not Dead! Yet...

So, now's not a bad time to try to revive this is it? I should hope not... ehehe... ^-^ told u i was bad at keeping up with forums... well this is the first thing i've written in ages!!

Patience

Patience.
A virtue.
Meant for the strong.
Don’t view my patience as a weakness.
Patience makes me a man.
I live patiently,
Waiting for direction.
I listen to the words my Father left me.
I call to Him daily,
Hoping to receive his wisdom.
Only in patience can I understand.
Only by giving Him time
Will He be able to show me.
He taught me about love—
That, while it doesn’t make you invincible,
You sure feel like you could do anything.
Though I learned that love is sometimes painful,
He brought me back from the edge,
And showed me that I could survive.
The mistakes I have made
Lead me to become a better person.
Patiently, the man inside me grows wiser,
Maturing.
He slowly begins to understand
That everything will work out in the end.
The man inside me understands
That things will not always work out his way,
But they will work out in the best way.
When he’s given it time,
Found the right direction,
And united his will with the Heart of God,
The man in me will come out on top.
He will understand.
Through pain and sorrow,
He will find joy.
Patience,
His virtue,
Will shine.

As you can see, I'm a bit religious.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:47 AM
twin_soul is currently offline Click here to Send twin_soul a Private Message Find more posts by twin_soul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twin_soul
Fire & Ice

Just can't let a good thing die...

But anyway, a short story about all those times you wish you said something but you didn't. Now you finally have your chance, so you lay it all out there. All that's left now is to wait.

Fidget
As they sit there over coffee, he stares out the window, fidgeting, unsure of how or if he should say the words he has floating around his head. He doesn’t really know where to begin. Is there even a good place to begin? He reaches for her hand, then pulls back, instead running his finger over the rim of his cup. He looks into his drink, then up at her face and nervously turns away. He opens his mouth, but no words pass his lips. He’s thinking, but thinking is keeping him from speaking. He closes his eyes for a moment and sighs. When he opens them, he speaks.

“I’m always very careful with my words -- what I say and how I say it. I never say everything that's on my mind or the first thing that comes to mind, but maybe that’s what I need.” He stops to think for a moment then speaks with his eyes closed.

“I don’t really know what I want to say, but I’ve laid this out in my head so many times. Too bad I never wrote it down because it might help me right now. So, I should probably quit rambling. Ah, but I’ll never get this out. Darn it, what am I afraid of?” He pauses. He looks back down at his drink. When he speaks again, his voice wavers. He clears his throat.

“I pretend that I don’t have feelings for you. I tell myself that I don’t so I won’t feel weird around you. I tell myself, and I try to believe it, but I feel drawn to you. I don’t really know. Seeing you makes me smile, but I try not to treat you any different than anyone else. But I’d be more willing to do anything for you than for most other people. I’ve dreamt about us, and it feels right. It just feels right.” He smiles slightly but nervously.

“There’s this space in my arms that I wish I could fill. I feel like everything would be better, easier to handle if I just had someone to hold. Maybe that wouldn’t change anything at all.” He sighs and looks out the window. He turns to look at her, looks down, and then begins again.

“But I feel like I don’t really know you. It’s almost like our paths were destined never to cross. It seems like something always comes up. I always wondered how you could just thrust yourself into someone else’s life. Maybe I’ll never get it. I just don’t want to make you feel awkward. You are important to me. I would do just about anything for you. You’re a very special person, and you deserve the best.” He stares out the window, fidgeting. When he turns back toward her, he sees her lips part to speak, and he wants to run away…

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 05:42 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

thumb up Its really good. Everyone goes through that awkward "spilling of guts", and I think you captured it very well. I also like how you left it hanging, letting the reader choose what comes next based on personal experience. Good stuff!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 06:35 PM