KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

yeah neither of us are really insane

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:31 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

ok, i'm going for the night, but i will say this- i can get inside his field even if it is skin tight(has happened before). i am not trying to break it, i am causing the field no harm. all i need to do is electrify the air around him(uncanny x-men # 17). i can direct it to his head, which willshort out ann the synapses in the brain taking him out of the fight. also he is made of iron and iron is a metal, soit will do damage. he can't really affect my telepathically or anything psionic because i have a lightning field up which kept out emma frost, rachel grey, and even xavier, now with my p[owers greatly enhanced it will be waaaay more affective. even if you do somehow manage to get past the field which will still be affecting you when you attack my mind you have zatannas own psionic defense to deal with. zatanna herself is a very powerful telepath. also by herself bloodstorm has defeated apocolypse, iron-man, phoenix and a few others. now with having more powers, and being a lot more powerful my character could defeat them also.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:38 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

also bloodstorm is a very, very powerful sorceress herself. due tozatanna's heritage and powers she would have no trouble tapping into storms magical abilities

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:39 AM
stormfront13

(please log in to view the image)

^^that os bloodstorm being attacked by mutant-x strange and her being un affected by his powers, that would still apply here right? or at least a little? his magical abilities didn't affect her mist form

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:40 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

[/B][/QUOTE]

quote:
i don't get what your saying about the telepathy thing but zatanna's is magical based also. she is very powerful at using telepathy, and she gains an extra boost by using the lightning field

There is a difference between mezmirism and telepathy, they have the exact same effects, but are based on different things.
Telepathy can be effected by science, mezmirism is based on magic, and the EM fields Storm can use wouldn't effect magic.
Zatanna, at most is a mid-low level telepath, Strange is of the highest order when backed by EOA.

quote:
i could easily create duplicates of myself in prep time, but the rules stated that it is against the rules

Duplicates are material, these are just illusions that have no physical.
Purely illusions.

quote:
and your trusting a web-site over people that write the wizard magazine??

Even Wizard lists Zatanna under Dr.Fate, and anyone can argue that Strange is above Fate.

quote:
zatannas natural abilities are to manipulate and control magic, that is how she is able to do what she does. zatanna is naturally magical and can adapt easily to magic. she ia a magical being, her race is a group of magical people the homo magi(i think). hurting me with magic will be very hard.

Being a magical being doesn't protect you from magic assaults, Shuma Groth and Dormmamu were magical beings of the highest order and were easily hurt by magic.
Zatanna can manipulate HER own innate magic, she can't manipulate others.

quote:
i'm going in the field which will be simple. i electrify the air in the field, one of the bolts goes through your brain shorting out all synapses in your brain

Nothing gets through the shield, nothing.
Strange's normal shield has taken supernovas, attacks from Galactus, your lightning isn't going to even scratch the surface.

quote:
and your bands won't even touch me.

They have caught faster and more powerful opponets, they can materialize around you just as easy.
Especially while you are being effected by two different spells of confusion and forgetfulness, you can't fight off anything while you are so utterly confused.

quote:
by herself bloodstorm defeated Phoenix, Gambit, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Poison Ivy, Apocalypse, Juggernaut and Baron Zemo. she beat them, so could my character

Those are nothing compaired to actual gods who Strange has defeated on his own.
Strange himself could beat 99% of those at the same time.

You can't get through my sheild, you can't out run me or become stronger, you can't reshape reality to any manner i can't undo, you can't caste spells unless you can concentraite, and with my spells and illusions, you have no possible way to concentraite.

You get wrapped in the bands, you're confused and i keep you that way easily until i get a count out.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:44 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13

^^that os bloodstorm being attacked by mutant-x strange and her being un affected by his powers, that would still apply here right? or at least a little? his magical abilities didn't affect her mist form

Mutan-x is alternate reality, has no hold in this debate.
And isn't that ManThing?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:46 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is the type of blast you will be hit by, and at light speed,
Is your Character more durable than Galactus? I think not.

One blast K.O'd big G', imagine 5 or six of those coming at you.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:51 AM
stormfront13

once again, i'm not doing anything to the forcefield. i know i can't break through the field. I AM NOT AFFECTING YOUR FORCEFIELD IN ANY WAY, NOT EVEN TOUCHING IT. and if they are illusions then i have the cosmic awareness and senses to tell which one is the real one, if they are just illusions. and the bands aren't getting to me in i have the 2-way portal around me as i have already stated that i will be bringing up during prep. and being under someone still doesn't make me any less powerful. and can you tell me where it says the eye ofamagotto gives you the power of mesmerism? because in everything i have read about it it says that it has the powers of telepathy, and telepathy is affected by em fields in the marvel universe. but still all zatanna does is have to think about it happening, it doesn't take that much concentration. with zatanna's powers she could make herself immune to telepathy if she wanted to.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:54 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Damn, Strange is the man. Why was he ever allowed in this tourney... %%^#^$#@hole Strange.... Sorry longpig, I got a case of sour grapes.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:54 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

once again those won't hit me with a force-field and the 2-way portal. and also g's weakness is magic, zatanna's strong point is magic

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:55 AM
stormfront13

and that pic would apply to my character if she was unnaffected by magic. yes, that is man-thing in that pic, strange has his body

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:57 AM
stormfront13

and if your illusions can hurt me pshyically then they aren;t illusions

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 03:01 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
once again, i'm not doing anything to the forcefield. i know i can't break through the field. I AM NOT AFFECTING YOUR FORCEFIELD IN ANY WAY, NOT EVEN TOUCHING IT.

You are trying to get through it by charging the particles in the air around it with electricity. Those particals can't pass through the shield.
Whatever electricity that tries to get through will simply bounce off.
Nothing gets through, not even molecules.

quote:
and if they are illusions then i have the cosmic awareness and senses to tell which one is the real one, if they are just illusions.

Cosmic awareness would be impossible to use here, especially since you don't have Binary's mind to comprehend the cosmic awareness.
To Zatanna, it'd just be an unknown feeling, litterally of no use because she doesn't understand it.

quote:
and the bands aren't getting to me in i have the 2-way portal around me as i have already stated that i will be bringing up during prep

Firstly, the bands aren't effected by the gravity pull of a portal, and would materialize around your body, not around your area.
Secondly, those portals need concentration to keep around you, and you will have no concentration left after all my spells kick in.

quote:
being under someone still doesn't make me any less powerful.

Actually, that's exactly what it means.

quote:
and can you tell me where it says the eye ofamagotto gives you the power of mesmerism?

Strange has mezmerism without it, the eye makes his mind many many many times more powerful.

i think it's here http://members.tripod.com/~ttjh/strangebio.html

quote:
but still all zatanna does is have to think about it happening, it doesn't take that much concentration. with zatanna's powers she could make herself immune to telepathy if she wanted to.

She needs complete and utter concentration to caste spells, if she's taken by surprise, she can't cast them correctly.
All these spells keep you from thinking well enough to complete a spell.
Zatanna has never made herself immune to mental attack, if so, where?
She can't.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 03:09 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by stormfront13
and if your illusions can hurt me pshyically then they aren;t illusions

They can't hurt you physically, they hurt you mentally, they all have telepathic powers.

Just remembered something really dumb and technical.
Zatanna uses Chaos magic right?
In the Marvel U, Chaos magic doesn't exist....and since this fight is happening in the marvel U, Zatanna wouldn't have any power at all.

big grin jk....but it did pop into my head....

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jun 9th, 2005 at 03:24 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 03:11 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Death comes along, and says to Doc "Me kill Galactus and all! How do you like them apples!"

Doctor Strange, naturally, does not like them apples.

He's attacked by death itself, and her blast was dispelled....Storm's electricity isn't gettin through his shield.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jun 9th, 2005 at 03:34 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 03:28 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by long pig
They can't hurt you physically, they hurt you mentally, they all have telepathic powers.

Just remembered something really dumb and technical.
Zatanna uses Chaos magic right?
In the Marvel U, Chaos magic doesn't exist....and since this fight is happening in the marvel U, Zatanna wouldn't have any power at all.

big grin jk....but it did pop into my head....

Hey, if you're gonna get technical, if Strange can beat Galactus, there's no way he's below herald level...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 04:16 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, only with a large ammount of prep is he above herald.

Batman took out Superman......but he's considered street level.
It's all got to do with circumstances.

And I was only kidding about the Chaos magic, I just thought it was funny big grin

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 04:25 AM
stormfront13

but the shield ain't getting hurt here. if there is any air in the shield then it can be affected. even if the shield is skin tight, the inside can be affected. it will be like the shield isn't there for me. the inside can be affected because there is an enviroment in there. and anyform of mind-control or anything of that sort can be deflected by will, and determination. people have shrugged off the most powerful of telepaths, or mezmerists(not sure if that's right) because their will was string enough to keep them out. and besides as i have already said, i am bringing up a shield during prep. mosy forms of trying to hurt someone in their mind is unnaffected because of the shield. and that pic proves that one of myu charactersis very invulnerable to magic, making me have really good resistance to magic

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:23 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Still, even though Strange is apparently only above herald with lots of prep, I'll reiterate what Sentry said...how the %#$@ did Strange get in this tournament. Or Zatanna for that matter.

I still have a pretty big trump card to play if I fight lp, and I feel ready for either of these two, but still...

-DM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 04:08 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by long pig
Storm's electricity isn't gettin through his shield.

I think he's saying that he can affect the inside of your shield without actually getting through it-He'd be manipulating stuff (air) inside the shield, rather than bringing death upon you from the outside. Though if there's nothing between the shield and Strange's body, don't really see how that would work...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 09:22 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote