KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

yes, but itisn't very hard for storm to do it, she does it with a mere thought,and even with zatannas powers i could do it. and you may be right but was death aiming at his mouth?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:47 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
in tha pic you gave it wasn't skin tight

They are always skin tight, unless he chooses it not to be.
In my iron form, i don't need air to breath, I have no water in my body. Nothing there to electrocute.....my body, including my brain isn't meat anymore.

quote:
an yes the bands will prove inaffecticive because i don't need to move to do anything

You don't need to be moving for the bands to get you, actually, by staying still, they get your faster.

quote:
and you completley disregard the fact that i have a shield which was brought up during prep which protects me from attack, including any attack on my mind.

Storm's shield or Zatannas shield?
Either way, show me how they protect you against powerful magic and telepathy.
They can't.

quote:
you disregard the fact that zatanna is a very powerful telepath, and bloodstorm is very skilled at using the same form of magic-based telepathy as you are. i am very powerful at utilizing both normal telepathy,

Zatanna isn't even on the mid-level telepath level, you're being hit by 10 different telepathic assaults, and one by a telepath that is probably the most powerful telepath in the world via the Eye.
Bloodstorms telepathy doesn't matter, you don't have her mind to use it, you have Zatannas.

quote:
and a persons body naturally has air in the bloodstream and in their body, whats to stop me from electrifing the air inside your actual body?

I don't have a natural body.
My body is metal, it doesn't use air, it has no water....nothing but metal.

quote:
storms powers are very easy to control, she had very good controlover her powers as soon as she gotthem. when she got her powers, she had easily rescued black panther from assassins. and in that pic storm was fighting in mist form and she wasn't affected, i can do the same

Is that why Storm says her powers are so hard to control because they are based off emotion??? Zatanna's emotions will be going crazy during this fight, she's more likely going to spaze out and lose control of Storms power.
Please, a spell of emotion control would make you lose her power completely.

quote:
and you keep saying that strange uses telepathy- i can establish a lightning field to officially keep you out[

Your lighting shield won't keep my magic telepathy out, it may work on regular telepathy, because regular telepathy is effected by EMP fields, magic is not.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jun 10th, 2005 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:50 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait a second, Thor hits Absorbing man with lighting all the time when he first appeared and it did absolutly nothing.
Storms limited lightning will do even less.

When im in iron form, i have nothing to electrocute.
Your tactic is 100% negated.....somehow i forgot about the Thor's lightning deal.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:57 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

no, storm syas that her powers are hard to keep in-line and straight because they are affected by emotions. i have already told you, i can put up a shield during prep that protects me from all forms of attack and that includes attacks on the mind. and if your so-callled illusions have no connection to you and think independantly, and can use their powers as they want then they aren't an illusion. a person can't be affected by ilusions because illusions aren't real. you are basically creating duplicates of yourself which is against the rules. you yourself said that they are the same thing but one is magical based, zatanna already can use telepathy so using mezmerism would be no different. and i would alsolike to point out that bloodstorm has hte ability to manipulate ambient magickal energy, well so does zatanna so it will be even harder to affect me using magic. and if i summon millions of bats, then create a huge fog, then turn into a bat myself, how will you know which one to attack. and still that pic was proof that bloodstorm is unaffected by magic in mist form

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:59 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well actually bloodstorm has better weather powers than thor

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:00 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
no, storm syas that her powers are hard to keep in-line and straight because they are affected by emotions.

Exactly, your emotions will be a wreck when your fighting someone so totally out of your league.

quote:
i have already told you, i can put up a shield during prep that protects me from all forms of attack and that includes attacks on the mind.
How? Where has Zatanna been able to do that?
I need proof.
Remember, you don't have Bloodstorms mind to create and use her magic.

quote:
and if your so-callled illusions have no connection to you and think independantly, and can use their powers as they want then they aren't an illusion. a person can't be affected by ilusions because illusions aren't real

They can't hurt you physically, they only can distract you mentally with telepathy, distractions that will keep you from knowing im casting spells of confusion and also attacking your mind.

quote:
i would alsolike to point out that bloodstorm has hte ability to manipulate ambient magickal energy, well so does zatanna so it will be even harder to affect me using magic

Maybe, but Strange is the master of manipulating ambient magic energy, and he can tap into yours and drain you while fighting, like he did with Dormmamu.

quote:
and if i summon millions of bats, then create a huge fog, then turn into a bat myself, how will you know which one to attack.

The EOA shows me the truth of any situation, I'd know right off the bat who is the real deal.

quote:
. and still that pic was proof that bloodstorm is unaffected by magic in mist form

I've said it before, you do not have Bloodstorms body, you have Zatannas!
Zatanna isn't immune to magic at all.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:09 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

You still need another tactic, lightning will no nothing to me whatsoever.
Explain how storms lightning will hurt me when Thor's couldn't do jack.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:19 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

He has Binary's body, not Zatanna's...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:26 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh.....confused my bad big grin
Too many names to keep up with.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:39 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

LP, that link you provided doesn't say anything about the Eye granting Strange the ability to attack minds, just look into them. Got another link?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Zatanna no doubt has some psionic power, but I have a feeling lp will say it'd block psionic control as well (unless Strange's psychic blocks are simply contained within him).

That said, it would also require a psionic manipulation of electricity...so we're talking more than just regular telepathy. With all that to consider, my initial tendency would be to believe that it's not likely to happen. SF has made some good arguments, but given everything I've heard, I'd say this one is a bit of a stretch.

-DM

Though I don't think it's been confirmed, I beleive the accepted theory is that her power is some kind of exotic psionic ability.

Originally posted by K Von Doom
I'm not an expert on Storm but I was under the impression that the difference between her weather control powers and Thor's is that Thor can conjure a storm out of nowhere using magic whereas Storm has to 'psionically' relocate weather clouds that already exist so creating a storm in a jar or in someone's stomach is a bit weird.

Nevertheless, she has done those things. It's weird, but it's within her power.

All that being said, I might not be here for the next day or two, and to keep myself from losing a vote in my next fight, I'm putting in my vote for long pig. He's done a good job countering Storm's points, though a couple if his counters I'd question if it were me (not saying whch, te be fair)... Anywas If I get back in time and Storm has impressed me, I reserve the right to change my vote.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:44 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Eye is like a booster to Strange's already powerful telepathy, he's used it to attack Silver Dagger, Dormmamu and tons and tons of others as an offensive weapon directly attacking their mind and souls.

I have scans.
This is when he used it to attack Dormmamu's mind while in astral form.
(please log in to view the image)

This is when SilverDagger stole a version of the eye, and they were using it to attack each others mind.
(please log in to view the image)

I'll find a bio where it states exactly how much his telepathy is amplified. I remember him defeating the Shadow King in a telepathy fight while using it.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:29 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Back to the fight though......unless SF is changing tactics, he can't win with the one he has now.
Lightning can't effect me even if it could get between my shield, I'm using a body that's taken hits by lightning and electricity like it's nothing.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:33 AM
stormfront13

k, any shield can be modified to resist telepathy, and when you have someone who can make it impervious to any attack it can happen. in that pic bloodstorm was in mist form, her mist form is a power i can access making me very resistant to magic. and you can't drain me of magic because it's against the rules. and totally out of my league?? all three of my people would be a match for strange alone. i have binary who is more powerful than surfer, bloodstorm who is very resistant to magic almost to the popint where it doesn't affect her, and one of the most powerful sorcerers in comics. and if your chemically bonded to the suit wouldn't absorbing man naturally absorb it?? and it would more than likely bo to much power causing you to explode right?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 11:19 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think we needa re-do our tactics, cuz yers isn't going to work at all.

We could go h2h, and use telepathy and shields. and just fight without magic. It'd make it more even....

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 11:21 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
any shield can be modified to resist telepathy, and when you have someone who can make it impervious to any attack it can happen.

Not any shield, those shields are only kept fortified by concentration, and you'll not have any. You can't create those types of shields anyway

quote:
n that pic bloodstorm was in mist form, her mist form is a power i can access making me very resistant to magic.

Bloodstorm's body makes her a bit invulnerable to magic, Binary's doesn't

quote:
and you can't drain me of magic because it's against the rules.

How is making a constant drain on you illegal? It's a slow weakening drain.
quote:
in that pic bloodstorm was in mist form, her mist form is a power i can access making me very resistant to magic

And I can go into astral form, but i chose not to. And your mist form doesn't protect you against my magic, AND you don't have enouhg experience to learn her power to become mist.

quote:
. and if your chemically bonded to the suit wouldn't absorbing man naturally absorb it?? and it would more than likely bo to much power causing you to explode right?

No, I can choose what i turn into, and when i turn into it.
Plus, no, I wouldn't explode.
I've asborbed Mjolnir, and more powerful things, like the q-bands without blowing up.

Face it, you can't hurt me.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 11:38 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by stormfront13
a persons body naturally has air in the bloodstream

actually it doesn't... blood carries oxygen, not air

sad

"When air enters the bloodstream it is called an air embolus"

"An air embolus occurs when a bubble of gas or air circulates freely through the vessels until it reaches one so small that it cannot go further. An embolus in one of the vessels leading to the lungs, brain, or heart, if large enough, can be fatal"

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: . Also, sometimes people are told not to forcefully blow into the vagina for fear that this may cause an air embolism. There is some research that shows that this can in fact be dangerous during pregnancy when the air can pass through the fetal membranes and into the circulation of the fetus. Again, this is a very rare occurrence."

laughing

http://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/Health/4426.html

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 01:58 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Too much reading reading Vote is for longpig. I reserve the right to change my vote later though.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 05:53 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Voting for longpig. There's questions marks on both sides of this argument, but lp has done a better job of chopping down sf's arguments. Strange's reality-control to prevent Zatanna's magic from working well against him was key in my decision, and this fight would obviously be dominated by magic, and there's no clear advantage otherwise.

As always, I retain the option of switching my vote if compelling evidence against lp is provided.

-DM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 07:36 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well actually zatanna could block telepathy if she wanted to, cause she can do anything by thinking about it and she hasn't expierenced even being remotley close to a limit yet. and i was using mist in the last fight, and expierence is carried over. and how would you know your magic affects the mist form?? we never got the chance to ever test it out and your counter-part's magic didn't affect her. and yeah scoobless that's what i ment, but oxygen can be electrified as well. but yeah i agree we should change tactics but yoy don't have to because i am forfeiting the fight. with the way things are now i can't do anything to you because of that shield and you can't do anything to me either because of all the things i could dismiss and protect me with zatannas and bloodstorms powers. so thanks to the people that voted for me in the first round, and evangel srry i didn't resign earlier. and also this is a really good idea of a tournament. congrads longpig, with strange it seems that your going to win the contest smile

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 07:56 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

resigning or not... i vote for Long Pig.... magically speaking he has all the advantages experience brings over SF's character and can summon the higer up type beings power (which i'm pretty sure is a drain on him) but the shield thing sounds good

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote