KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

well no offense but i don't really think that strange should've been allowed. strange could almost beat anybody in this competition by himself with the standard prep-time

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:31 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Way to take the high road and go out curteously Stormfront. I'm sorry to see anyone resign, but you have nothing to be ashamed of. For what it's worth, you did a good job and definitely held your own both with the amalgam and debating. Also, a congrats to longpig. You're still alive...for now. *menacing yet completely un-intimidating laugh*

smile

-DM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

thanks, i shouldn't have even entered the tourney though, i can't debate at all. i don't really have the skills as others do. but i think the final fight will be between u and long pig

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:33 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
well no offense but i don't really think that strange should've been allowed. strange could almost beat anybody in this competition by himself with the standard prep-time

I'd partly agree, but I think some of what Strange has done in the past to guys like Galactus has been after much longer prep than what is available here. LP did a good job making him seem like a god (and he's really powerful...I'm not denying that) but he's not quite as unstoppable as lp would have us believe. And if I'm wrong, me, Khell, and Scoob are screwed in this tourney...so let's hope I'm right.

-DM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:36 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

what do you mean your screwed?? and i actually wanted to go up against you

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:37 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

thanks, i shouldn't have even entered the tourney though, i can't debate at all. i don't really have the skills as others do. but i think the final fight will be between u and long pig

Hehe...thanks. First leonidas, now you. People have high expectations for me. Honestly, with ScarletSpider's late arrival in my first match, my debating skills have yet to be truly tested...so I hope I can compete with the likes of LP, Scoob, and Khell. We'll see soon though.

My goal was just to win my first round match. I did that, so I'm obviously trying to win the whole thing, but if I go out at this point I'll still be happy.

-DM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:40 PM
stormfront13

I'm not an expert on Storm but I was under the impression that the difference between her weather control powers and Thor's is that Thor can conjure a storm out of nowhere using magic whereas Storm has to 'psionically' relocate weather clouds that already exist so creating a storm in a jar or in someone's stomach is a bit weird.

k von doom, storm can do anything that thor can do but to a lesser degree, but bloodstorm can do anything that thor can, only to a more powerful degree

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:40 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I was just saying that if Strange is as powerful as LP would have us believe, that LP will cruise to a victory. (my contention is that he has at least a couple exploitable weaknesses, but I guess we'll see soon)

-DM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:41 PM
stormfront13

well the only reason i forfeited was because the field was bonded to his skin, and he is completley iron. even if the field was like a half a centimeter away i could have electrified him, sending aa bolt into his head shorting out all the synapses in his brain

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 08:51 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

maybe.... but if LP hadn't picked him someone else would have.... he was part of my original choice for my first string amalgam team

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:02 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

no, i was considering picking him but didn'tbecause i thought he was above herald with being able to take down galactus with one hit

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:15 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

no, i was considering picking him but didn'tbecause i thought he was above herald with being able to take down galactus with one hit

well i tried for Drax + Gem, the Asgardian Destroyer and Desak.... lol

someone else went for the Runner

(just remembered i stole the A-Destroyer idea fron Long Pig as well.... i guess he'd planned to cheat from the start)

stick out tongue

btw... i don't think Zatanna should have been allowed either

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well i saw strange so i tried for zatanna, and supposedly according to everyone in this tourney zatanna isn't even powerful

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:29 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

it's not that she isn't powerful.... she just doesn't show the ability to use her potential as well as a lot of the other characters in the tournament

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:32 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

BLAH.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:14 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stormfront did awesome.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:16 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i can't believe you forfeited after the whole mess with the end of your last match

had you done it earlier the tourny could have moved on with 4 people left and made it a lot simpler.... hmmmm.... maybe we can disregard this match entirely and just have a straight knock out now

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 02:24 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What scoob?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 03:24 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

There's only 4 people left, so he's saying it should just go into a round of semifinals, then finals instead of giving someone a by... Basically, you fight whoever was gonna get into the finals free.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 03:34 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well scoob had i known i was going up against someone who can't be harmed in anyway possible then i would have

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 03:52 AM