KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Welcome To the (Urban) Jungle (Werewolf game)

Welcome To the (Urban) Jungle (Werewolf game)
Started by: Next Venom_girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

Name:artims
Social - High
Physical - Average
Mental - Low
breed:Metis
gifts:Create Element,catsfoot,& Heightened Senses
Auspices:Galliard

tribe:Bone Gnawers

Background
Rites:2
Totem:3
3 Gnosis
Ancestors:Mother werewolf. father left.

history: after mother died i was taken in by my human aunt by marrage in LA. there i was loved like i was her own child untill she found out about me 3 years ago. she then put me out and told me if she ever saw my face agine she would shot it clean off with a sivler bullete. when in my form my coat is snow white and eyes a icy blue but when in human blond hair the same icy blue eyes 5 foot 8 119lbs. ~i hope this is right~

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 05:32 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Trickster Gnosis allows you to use special abilities

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:16 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

i'll be a Philodox

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:41 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

what made you change your mind?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:36 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

i don't know. so when can we start

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:52 PM
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

thinking about a mentor....

Happy Halloween

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:26 PM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Fire - you gunna play?

Rowan Hoster A.K.A Flicker
Social - High
Physical - Average
Mental - Low

Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Bone Gnawer

Gifts
Ignite
Open Seal
Speed of the Messenger

Background
Ancestors
Kinfolk - my brother, another Homid
Familiar Spirit (2)
Totem

History
Brought up in a human household, it was only when his older brother changed and his step-father threw him out of the house that Rowan realised something might be amiss between his parents. When his mother finally told him, giving in to days of questioning, he refused to believe her. Until the change took him too. His step-father barred him from his home, and Rowan sought out his older brother.

Now firmly encroached in warehouse gang culture, Disk, his older brother, was heading up his own gang of young werewolves, under the banner of the Street Shogun. Quickly rising through the ranks, Flicker and Disk became inseperable. Then the Shogun - the Garou Rowan had discovered to be his father - was killed in a raid by a rival gang. Rumours circulated about who was responsible, and Rowan, taking his new name of Flicker, slowly formed up his own gang of humans - the Infernos. Disk was heading up his gang, the Third Hill Pirates, and it was only a matter of time before the urges of pack called to him once again.

A raid on his brother's pack by some Glasswalkers spun Flicker into the revenge he was to be famous for. Taking out his gang of humans, he hunted down each of the Garou that participated in the raid and killed them. However, the attempt took the lives of his Infernos and he began to sleep rough.

When he's looking at his best, Flicker cuts a stunning figure. Tall and muscly, he has a deadly smile and the dark aura that attract the prettiest girls. Brown haired and blue-eyed, his face is well shaped, with only one scar. He prefers to wear dark colours.

It is a point of pride that when in Lupus form, his coat is coal black, and his eyes turn to a bright blue. The scar on his cheek was actually gained in this form, and is most visible - a single jagged line down the side of his muzzle.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:26 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

What sort of forms do Familiar Spirits come in?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:27 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Well In werewolf cosmology, everything has a spirit. A Familiar spirit of 1 or 2 would typically small. It often is one of a small animal, but doesn't have to be. Urban Werewolves are just as likely to befriend the spirit of their computer or their motorbike. So, go wild! I knew someone with Familiar Spirit score of 1 who decided theirs would be a parakeet-spirit!

Sounds pretty good, Feraboy. Sounds like you got the Metis idea-- they are often abandoned by their birthparents and dumped onto kinfolk relatives. Though, Metis usually don't learn to shapeshift out of their (wolfman) warform until they are 7 to 9 some prodigies learn to shift as soon as they learned to walk at 1 or 2, so the background of being raised by a clueless Aunt is conceivable. You've just had to keep your true nature hidden all these years. wink
Hate to nitpick, but I believe Catsfeet and Heightened Senses are lupus gifts. You get a Gift from your breed, your auspice and your tribe. So you'd select a Metis Gift, a Philodox Gift, and a Bone Gnawer Gift.

So, do you guys want to start play or do you want to wait for more people? confused

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:42 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Oh, Feralboy, what's Artims' Derangement / Deformity? (A must have for Metis characters). You get to choose 1. evil face
Sample Derangements / Deformities:
Albino, Blind, Crinos Reflection, Deranged (i.e. Delusions of Gradneur, Ennui, Hallucinations, Manic, Moon-Mad, Multiple Personalities, Obsession, Paranoia, Phagomania), Fits of Madness, Fragile Claws, Deaf, Disfigured, Hairless, Horns or Hooves, Hunchback, Hyperacute Senses, Lame, Monstrous, Mute, No Sense of Smell, No Tail, One Eye, Seizures, Silver Sensitivity, Third Eye, Tough Hide, Wasting Disease, Weak Immune System, Withered Limb, etc.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Last edited by Next Venom_girl on Jun 12th, 2005 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 08:14 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Can it be a supernatural animal - like a Sprite or so on?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 09:46 PM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trickster
Can it be a supernatural animal - like a Sprite or so on?

Why Certainly! smile

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 12:34 AM
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

ok i'll be a metis. she has 2 tails

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 12:54 AM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

That works. wink

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 01:02 AM
Fire

maybe trickster dunno yet

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 05:32 AM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Hmm.... Someone was asking about totems earlier... well that is something to think about.... Here are a few of the totems available:
Crow, Termite, Cheetah, Cougar, Fly, Gecko, Roadrunner, Rooster, Spider, Wasp, Chameleon, Dog, Dolphin, Dragonfly, Frog, Kanau the Wedge-Tailed Eagle, Merlin, Mongoose, Moodai the Brush-Tailed Opossom, O'Mighty Dolla', Old Man Sea, Old Scratch, Pegasus, Splash, Trash Heap, Twister, Bear, Bison, Boar, East Wind, Ethereal Wind, Fenris, Flying Fox, Fog, Goat, The Great Fire, Hare, Hecate, Iwai the Crocodile, Cat, Lion, Mantis, Mistwolf, The Muses, Nemesis, North Wind, Raccoon, Raccoon Dog, Rat, Raven, Southwind, Westwind, Wyvern, Bull, City Father / Mother, Cockroach, Concrete Crow, Crab, Cuckoo, Dove, Firedrake, Flea, Hyena, Mountain Lion, Mustang, Owl, Echidna, Cheetah, Shadow, Shark, Badger, Camel, Cheshire Cat, Chimera, Coyote, Deer, Eagle, Fox, Grandfather Thunder, Hornet, Jaugar, Loki, Monkey King, Morrigan, Quetzal, Seadrake, Scorpion, Skunk, Sphinx, Uktena, Unicorn, Weasel, Wendigo, Wildcat, Wind, etc.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 06:57 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I like the Great Fire or Old Scratch - but what is Old Scratch?

Of course, it's a pack thing.

Well I suggest that unless Fire is playing, we start the game now.

Rowan/Flicker's Familiar Spirit is going to be a Shadow creature.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 10:51 AM
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

I'LL LIKE THE Cheetah TETOM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 09:26 PM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Totem descriptions of Cheetah, Great Fire, and Old Scratch:

Cheetah is speed incarnate, the ground a blur as she pursues her prey across the Umbra. Cheetah's children have access to the gift: Speed of Thought. Cheetah doesn't limit her children. Sadly, she is no great warrior and Hyena and Lion and their followers dominate her all too easily. Cheetah costs the least of the 3 mentioned here so the pack could build up this totem with the most abilities.

The Great Fire is an ever-blazing totem of War. He has a naturally intense dislike of water elementals. He gives each of his children 5 extra Rage points per story and a strong resistance to fire damage. But in return he asks that his children never put out a fire with water and to always have a flame burning at the battlefield.

Old Scratch is a totem of Wisdom and chimerical beast (often associated with things demonic) of American Folklore. Old Scratch grants his children the use of a special Gift called Scratch’s Mask. This Gift is similar to Doppelganger, a high level Glasswalker Gift, in that one may assume the form of any person (just changes physical appearance). However the character may only appear as that person once and after taking it can never take that person’s appearance again. Scratch's Mask may also be used to change the appearance (but not capabilities) of any of the character's other forms (a Werewolf in Crinos form can appear as a Crinos form of a wyrm-beast or another shape-shifter, or a Lupus-form Uktena could appear as a panther). The character is limited to appearing as forms with the same basic body structure as his current form, and his mass, Attribute adjustments or abilities don't change (so someone using this Gift to appear as a flight-capable form can't fly). And, as with the identity-copying function of this Gift, no one form may be taken more than once. The Gift's effects last up to twenty-four hours, and a character can never use it to take any one human's or animal's form more than once. He may teach his followers this Gift (they can use it freely without having to call upon his favor or aid) when they attain the 3rd Rank. Scratch also teaches his children riddle-solving skills and teaches them occult and American Folklore. Under his influence, he also makes them better liars. Old Scratch's followers and allies only gain his benefits while on American Soil (or the corresponding Umbra), and are lost if they leave. However, these boons are restored once they return to Old Scratch's territory. In addition, Old Scratch likes rumormongering, stories and folklore (especially featuring him), and asks his allies to pursue these pasttimes so his knowledge will increase.
An additional price is that those that follow Old Scratch often display one or two unusual physical characteristics in Glabro, Crinos and Hispo forms, inluding hooves, beaks, horns, feathers, and reptilian features. These traits don't affect the character's performance in any way other than to mark the character as... different. These traits are often referred to as "Scratch's mark." Old Scratch costs the most of the 3 mentioned here so the pack could do little more than ally with it and build up more abilities for the totem later.
---

That Shadow thing sounds cool.
Yeah, the totem needs to be a pack decision agreed upon by the other players.

Sounds like everybody's pretty much ready to role. I guess if Fire decides to play, we can work him in later.

---

The story begins in the black of night, in the dark alleyways of downtown. There are far more dangerous things lurking these streets then drug dealers or petty criminals. There are werewolves.

Last edited by Next Venom_girl on Jun 13th, 2005 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 09:38 PM
Fire

well I'll play in the second half of july no time before that

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 10:40 PM