KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?

Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?
Started by: NightCrawler341

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shaber
How about wood nymphs? They're attractive enough to serenade dinners.

hee hee - sorry, just imagining daniel radcliffe as a nymph!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 05:22 PM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

no expression

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 08:12 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

O.O Can anyone tell me some people who support this idea has been trying to get evidence for this? Thanks Phoe for say that to TheSun. ^.^

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:31 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Originally posted by TheSun
This is just a theory, but that may just be because they're the only type of elf in the Harry Potter series? Just a thought... This is silly, there has been absolutely no evidence that Harry is an elf!! I could just as well say that Hagrid is a bunny rabbit.

EDITED BY PHOE - TheSun, I understand you have loads of strong opinions, which is great, but you cannot continue roughshoding over other people's opinions like this!

Thanks!

PHOE xx

I was making my opinion in an effective manner. Unless creativity is banned form these forums I don't think I should be gentle and sensitive all of the time.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 09:17 AM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Yes, but you have been overdoing it. Over and over you have just said you don't think so, and nothing else. Hearing someone repeat themself is annoying, esp. if you keep being rude about it.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:52 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Yes, but you have been overdoing it. Over and over you have just said you don't think so, and nothing else. Hearing someone repeat themself is annoying, esp. if you keep being rude about it.

I'm not being rude. And I have posted long messages relating to why I thought this and that. Try reading before making rash comments.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 01:32 PM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I'm not being rude. And I have posted long messages relating to why I thought this and that. Try reading before making rash comments.

MOD NOTE:
It's comments like this that set people off. Of course you are welcomed to post your opinions! But that's not what we're talking about here. You have criticized people's opinions and completly disregarded them.

quote:
I can't believe this is even being discussed.

quote:
Now will you stop talking about this nonsense?

quote:
Don't be ridiculous

^^Uncalled for and uncessary. There is a mature way to say "I diagree with that" vs. saying "Don't be ridiculous" as if to say, I am ridiculous because that is my opinion. Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's the way it was taken because you said that. Calling the issue "nonsense" is a problem because it's NOT nonsense. Maybe it is to you, but that's not going to keep people from discussing the issue. So don't say things like that.

Try to keep comments about the individual out of the conversation. Stick to the topic of this thread, but if you don't agree with them, fine, but don't start criticizing there opinions by calling it nonsense of making wise cracks. Please try to work on this.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:12 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Originally posted by RoguePw25
MOD NOTE:
It's comments like this that set people off. Of course you are welcomed to post your opinions! But that's not what we're talking about here. You have criticized people's opinions and completly disregarded them.

^^Uncalled for and uncessary. There is a mature way to say "I diagree with that" vs. saying "Don't be ridiculous" as if to say, I am ridiculous because that is my opinion. Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's the way it was taken because you said that. Calling the issue "nonsense" is a problem because it's NOT nonsense. Maybe it is to you, but that's not going to keep people from discussing the issue. So don't say things like that.

Try to keep comments about the individual out of the conversation. Stick to the topic of this thread, but if you don't agree with them, fine, but don't start criticizing there opinions by calling it nonsense of making wise cracks. Please try to work on this.

In my calling this thread 'nonsense' I am in fact stating my opinion. Should I have to keep saying , 'In my opinion/I think that/I believe that/According to me this thread is nonsense'? I shall state that none of my 'nonsense' or 'ridiculous' mentionings are intended to be rude or demeaning, this is just how I choose to express myself. It's very light-hearted, or do you believe I should use the inane 'I h8 to disagree but I fink dat is untrue and dat there are no elfs blood in Harry thanx xxx big grin stick out tongue big grin'? And what the hell is this ridiculous dancing fruit?? Happy Dance

Last edited by TheSun on Jun 18th, 2005 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:20 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Re: Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?

Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Ok, you may all think I am crazy about this idea, but I think Harry would have elf blood in him. Haven't you noticed that everyone notices Harry's eyes as his mothers? How does everyone know that? Unless her eyes made her eyes so well known themselves. DObby had ggreen eyes just like Harry and his mother, could that mean that they had elf blood in them? Elves could do strong magic without wands and Harry has done some really incredible stuff without as well. Like make the glass disappear at the zoo and blow up Aunt Marge. He might have some elf blood in him. Just a theory though.

No.

The reason why Harry could do magic just like that(blow Marge up and stuff) is because he's a wizard. And wizards/witches can do that. Remember Neville: "He dropped me, but I bounced all the way down to the lawn. Gran was crying, she was so happy."

Dobby's green eyes might play a part in the books though. We will see.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:24 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Re: Re: Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?

Originally posted by dark1365
No.

The reason why Harry could do magic just like that(blow Marge up and stuff) is because he's a wizard. And wizards/witches can do that. Remember Neville: "He dropped me, but I bounced all the way down to the lawn. Gran was crying, she was so happy."

Dobby's green eyes might play a part in the books though. We will see.

Surely this rejects once and for all the ridiculous notion that Harry is some kind of elf? Now let it go, yes?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:27 PM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Re: Re: Re: Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?

Surely this rejects once and for all the ridiculous notion that Harry is some kind of elf? Now let it go, yes?

MOD NOTE:

Again, this is what I'm talking about respecting people's opinions. Everyone knows where you stand of this issue, you don't agree with it. But to KEEP coming in this thread like you are, is uncalled for. No one's going to "let it go" just because you say so. And once again, this is not a "ridiculous notion." Be respectful of other's opinions.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:40 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Re: Re: Re: Re: Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?

Originally posted by RoguePw25
MOD NOTE:

Again, this is what I'm talking about respecting people's opinions. Everyone knows where you stand of this issue, you don't agree with it. But to KEEP coming in this thread like you are, is uncalled for. No one's going to "let it go" just because you say so. And once again, this is not a "ridiculous notion." Be respectful of other's opinions.

I respect that they have an opinion. I respect that opinion. I think the opinion is wrong. I have said so in the best way I see fit. You have a problem with my style of writing, not my apparent disrespect of people's opinions and so-called fight-starting. I don't want to fight, I just want to express my opinions on a forum. I know it's a note, and it's from a mod, so is there any need for the MOD NOTE?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:08 AM
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

I agree with you on Harrys eyes there maybe something there Rogue but im not sure if its elf related or if ive read too many fics lol but I do think there may be a connection with elven folk afterall Harry has a power the dark lord knows not could it be elven ancestry magic or his love for those close to him,

( sun your not doing yourself any favours arguing with mods hun why not just stay out of threads if you think the topic is so rediculus)

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:22 AM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Originally posted by tigress
I agree with you on Harrys eyes there maybe something there Rogue but im not sure if its elf related or if ive read too many fics lol but I do think there may be a connection with elven folk afterall Harry has a power the dark lord knows not could it be elven ancestry magic or his love for those close to him,

( sun your not doing yourself any favours arguing with mods hun why not just stay out of threads if you think the topic is so rediculus)

Because I like to discuss points with other users, is that not what a forum is for?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:24 AM
tigress

I know but theres a diference in discussing and shooting people down it winds people up

Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:27 AM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

I think nightcrawler might have a point but it needs sharpning.he already found stuff to support his idea but i agree with dark1365.all wizards and whiches can do that and i have my proof

Think about this from book five at Harry's hearing in the ministry:
page 136:
'he blew up his aunt for god's sake!' Fudge shouted
"And you very kindly did not press charges on that occasion,accepting,i presume,that even the best wizards cannot control their emotions ,"said Dumbledore calmly.

look at the part where Dumbledore said'even the best wizards '
In my opinion that means that if all wizards can do that Harry might not have elf blood in him.

what do you guys think?

huh

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:30 AM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress

Ill think on it and get back to you its late hear my brain needs to reboot lol you have a point though big grin

Gryffindor Prefect.

Last edited by tigress on Jun 19th, 2005 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:31 AM
TheSun

Originally posted by Hermione202
I think nightcrawler might have a point but it needs sharpning.he already found stuff to support his idea but i agree with dark1365.all wizards and whiches can do that and i have my proof

page 136:
"And you very kindly did not press charges on that occasion,accepting,i presume,that even the best wizards cannot control their emotions ,"said Dumbledore calmly.

In my opinion that means that if all wizards can do that Harry might not have elf blood in him.

what do you guys think?

huh

I think that's 100% correct.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:32 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Then I will try and get more evidence.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:34 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Hermione202

page 136:

what do you guys think?

huh

Also it never said it the people who lost their emotions used a wand or not. It might mean they lost their anger, pulled out their wands, and did the magic. Though I see where your getting at.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:40 AM