KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?

Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?
Started by: NightCrawler341

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
babysooner13
Lavender Brown

EVERYONE HAS TO FREAKING REMEMBER THAT VOLDEMORT PASSED ON "SPECIAL" POWERS TO HARRY!!!! MAY NOT EVEN BE A CASE OF ELF AT ALL.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:13 AM
babysooner13 is currently offline Click here to Send babysooner13 a Private Message Find more posts by babysooner13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I know. I am just leaving the thought out there, no need to shout.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:16 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
babysooner13
Lavender Brown

I actually wasn't shouting. My thing was on caps lock and I was too lazy to turn it off.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:24 AM
babysooner13 is currently offline Click here to Send babysooner13 a Private Message Find more posts by babysooner13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

*Blows up your caps button.* There, no more worries.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:37 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
babysooner13
Lavender Brown

Yeah. That always happens.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:46 AM
Midnight109

quote: (post)
Originally posted by harry_lover_1
I actually wasn't shouting. My thing was on caps lock and I was too lazy to turn it off.

lol laughing out loud

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:28 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

LOL

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 09:34 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ths2006

Miffed Very possible....

I have thought a lot about Harry having elf blood in him. I think it is very likely that he does. Considering that Rowling seems to have gotten a great deal of her inspiration from the Dungeons and Dragons/ J.R.R. Tolkien books and characters, it does make sense. There have been many characters in the genre who were half elf. I agree that it seems weird that a human would have a child with an elf, if the elf looked like Dobby. However, if you look at the way elves have been presented previously, it is not all that unlikely. I think that as elves have been enslaved over time, they have become physically different like Gollum in The Lord of the Rings. Gollum had been a hobbit, but look at what he became. I think something similar has happened to the elves in Rowlings Harry Potter world. Nothing has ever been said about how the elves became enslaved or what sort of consequences that enslavement has had. It is possible that somebody took issue with elves and humans having children and caused the enslavement and the physical change. By changing elves so radically, that would likely ensure that they could not seduce a human.

Old Post May 6th, 2006 08:20 PM
ths2006 is currently offline Click here to Send ths2006 a Private Message Find more posts by ths2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by ths2006
I have thought a lot about Harry having elf blood in him. I think it is very likely that he does. Considering that Rowling seems to have gotten a great deal of her inspiration from the Dungeons and Dragons/ J.R.R. Tolkien books and characters, it does make sense. There have been many characters in the genre who were half elf. I agree that it seems weird that a human would have a child with an elf, if the elf looked like Dobby. However, if you look at the way elves have been presented previously, it is not all that unlikely. I think that as elves have been enslaved over time, they have become physically different like Gollum in The Lord of the Rings. Gollum had been a hobbit, but look at what he became. I think something similar has happened to the elves in Rowlings Harry Potter world. Nothing has ever been said about how the elves became enslaved or what sort of consequences that enslavement has had. It is possible that somebody took issue with elves and humans having children and caused the enslavement and the physical change. By changing elves so radically, that would likely ensure that they could not seduce a human.
O.O Wow. Someon bumped this back up. And I got a supporter!

Old Post May 7th, 2006 04:17 AM
Rapscallion

I don't think Harry could be part elf be cause thegeneral consesnsus is that it would be through his mother's side except she's muggle-born. No muggle would ever have a kid with an elf because they don't even know what an elf is. They live in two different worlds.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:30 PM
Rapscallion is currently offline Click here to Send Rapscallion a Private Message Find more posts by Rapscallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Rapscallion
I don't think Harry could be part elf be cause thegeneral consesnsus is that it would be through his mother's side except she's muggle-born. No muggle would ever have a kid with an elf because they don't even know what an elf is. They live in two different worlds.
Yep. That'd destroy the mothers side part of the theory.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 04:50 PM
Waterslicer
Creator of Acromantula

And Elf's are disgusting, no offence. Who'd want to have a kid with them?
Hermione?
There's a possibility, but...
Sorry, I wandered off topic.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 07:38 AM
Waterslicer is currently offline Click here to Send Waterslicer a Private Message Find more posts by Waterslicer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waterslicer
Creator of Acromantula

And also, I think James is a bit too cool and sensible to have a part-elf kid.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 07:40 AM
Waterslicer is currently offline Click here to Send Waterslicer a Private Message Find more posts by Waterslicer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waterslicer
Creator of Acromantula

sorry about hogging the last 3 messages, but I have another reply.
He Who must not be named could not have transfered elf blood into him (Harry Potter) when he did the avada kedavra, because "He would not have wasted time with scum like elves"

Old Post May 8th, 2006 07:57 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Please... use the edit button. And once more, we only know of house elves, there might be other kinds of elves.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 10:16 PM
Padfoot1960

Everybody who mentioned Harry having Lily's eyes was very close to Lily either through James or just by knowing Lily. Her eyes being green and Dobby's being green is a coincidence, I do believe Winky's eyes were brown.

Attachment: the_marauders.jpg
This has been downloaded 33 time(s).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 10:30 PM
Padfoot1960 is currently offline Click here to Send Padfoot1960 a Private Message Find more posts by Padfoot1960 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Padfoot1960
I do believe Winky's eyes were brown.

Negative. In CoS Winky's eyes are described as bright green tennis balls peering through the hedge at Privet Drive.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 11:00 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote