KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Goku vs Clark Kent

Goku vs Teenage Clark
This poll is closed.
Goku 19 51.35%
Clark Kent 18 48.65%
Total: 37 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Goku vs Clark Kent
Started by: Zod4Life

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
crazylozer
n00b boy

Buu is pretty unkillable too...

Well not really, but still.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 05:29 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman would eat Buu.

Didn't Pre-Crisis Superman have the ability to absorb people's powers?

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 11:12 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

Don't you remeber what happens when people get eaten? Bodies shrink, immune systems fail, blood is spilled, and eventually, everyone gets spat out.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 03:42 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

IT....WAS....A....JOKE.

Anyway,no one from DBZ can beat Superman because they've NEVER had the ability to turn back time,close and hold black holes with their bare hands or stay inside the sun for 15,000 years.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 03:11 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by crazylozer
actually, only freeza at 100% power could blow up a planet, so the ginyu force, being considerably weaker, could not destroy a planet. also, the power of any character that isnt part-saiyan, or a integral part of fighting (the androids, cell, buu, etc.) have never really been specified.

even though its already been said...

in the saiyan saga at the beginning of DBZ vegeta destroys a planet with little effort while he and nappa are going to earth. (how do you know how big the planet is?)

his power level is 18,000 at the time.

ginyu's is 120,000

thats a very very large difference, ginyu could easily destroy the earth.

oh and no, frieza didnt have to be at 100% power to destroy a planet. he can destroyed a planet in his first form with no effort at all (he destroyed planet vegeta with one finger in his first form and this planet was far larger then earth as it had 10x earth's gravity)

anyways, as i said, at the beginning of DBGT all the main characters could destroy a planet effortlessly if they wanted too (even yamcha) and therefore could easily beat superman, krillin could beat superman.

--------------

I didnt know we were including Superman Prime, he can basically beat anything ever in anything.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Nov 15th, 2005 at 03:15 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 03:07 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

How exactly do you know how large the planet Vegeta destroyed is? Plus, the gravity of a planet does not neccesarily mean that it is larger in size or harder to destroy. If you lit a match on say, Jupiter, it would explode due to the large amount of gases. Gravity is dependant on how massive a planet is.

When freeza destroyed Namek, what he actually did was destabilize the core of the planet. So he didn't actually obliterate it, he had the power to drill down with an energy blast. So when exactly did anyone other than the main characters gain any strength? Whenever they get into fights, they basically just stall for time until a saiyan jumps onto the scene.

And, for the record, what I MEANT by the destruction of a planet is an object that is similar in make-up and size to the Earth.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 04:00 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by crazylozer
How exactly do you know how large the planet Vegeta destroyed is? Plus, the gravity of a planet does not neccesarily mean that it is larger in size or harder to destroy. If you lit a match on say, Jupiter, it would explode due to the large amount of gases. Gravity is dependant on how massive a planet is.

When freeza destroyed Namek, what he actually did was destabilize the core of the planet. So he didn't actually obliterate it, he had the power to drill down with an energy blast. So when exactly did anyone other than the main characters gain any strength? Whenever they get into fights, they basically just stall for time until a saiyan jumps onto the scene.

And, for the record, what I MEANT by the destruction of a planet is an object that is similar in make-up and size to the Earth.

ok, well you answered your first question yourself.

quote:
How exactly do you know how large the planet Vegeta destroyed is?

quote:
Gravity is dependant on how massive a planet is.

Vegeta (the planet) had 10x earth gravity (as was stated by king-kai during goku's training in other world during the saiyan saga)

it is "one of the secrets of they're immense power" as king-kai said.

and since you already stated yourself that for the gravity to be greater more mass is needed. therefore vegeta is relatively about 10x larger then earth.

and as i said frieza blew it up with one finger in his first form.

next. Frieza refrained from "blowing" the planet namek up with one single blast because the explosion from the planet would hurt him. his plan was for namek to explode, and he would survive, and since goku cant breathe in space frieza would win the fight (as they both would survive the explosion). now what he DIDNT want to do was to completely obliterate planet namek (like he did planet vegeta) because the occurring blast after that WOULD hurt him. now if frieza is capable fo destroying a planet in his first form with one finger and no effort, its safe to asume he COULD have destroyed namek 100 time over in his final form had he wanted too, but then the blast might kill him too, and obvoiusly he wouldn't want that. this is all said during the fight, i suggest you watch it.

quote:
So when exactly did anyone other than the main characters gain any strength? Whenever they get into fights, they basically just stall for time until a saiyan jumps onto the scene.

my next question is: have you ever even seen DBZ before? because if you have you'd notice that ALL the fighters continue to grow in power all the time. Piccolo for example, was the strongest on the planet for a while during the android saga before Vegeta finished training in the hyperbolic time chamber. during this time piccolo would pwn frieza effortlessly. (when before he got @ss raped by frieza on namek) i do believe that is gaining power. dont you?

so i dont know what the hell your talking about to be honest. watch the show, you'll see all of what i'm talking about.

so since Vegeta COULD destroy a planet (regardless of size) with no effort when he had a powerlevel of 18,000. its safe to assume that he could put in some effort and destroy most planets at that time had he wanted too. and since the main characters (the saiyans, piccolo, and all bad guys, everyone after frieza pretty much) have power levels in at least the high 10's of millions, that they could all easily destroy the earth.

also on a side note: a being with the power relative to a SSJ2 could destroy the entire earth solar system. as cell stated he was going to destroy it with his power after he came back to life after goku's death, at this point he had power near equal or possibly even more power then Gohan as a SSJ2.

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Nov 15th, 2005 at 08:11 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 08:04 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
[B]even though its already been said...

in the saiyan saga at the beginning of DBZ vegeta destroys a planet with little effort while he and nappa are going to earth. (how do you know how big the planet is?)

his power level is 18,000 at the time.

That wasn't canon because it wasn't drawn by Akira Toriyama who's the creator of DBZ so if it wasn't drawn by him,IT DOESN'T COUNT.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 10:13 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok, well you answered your first question yourself.

Vegeta (the planet) had 10x earth gravity (as was stated by king-kai during goku's training in other world during the saiyan saga)

it is "one of the secrets of they're immense power" as king-kai said.

and since you already stated yourself that for the gravity to be greater more mass is needed. therefore vegeta is relatively about 10x larger then earth.

and as i said frieza blew it up with one finger in his first form.

next. Frieza refrained from "blowing" the planet namek up with one single blast because the explosion from the planet would hurt him. his plan was for namek to explode, and he would survive, and since goku cant breathe in space frieza would win the fight (as they both would survive the explosion). now what he DIDNT want to do was to completely obliterate planet namek (like he did planet vegeta) because the occurring blast after that WOULD hurt him. now if frieza is capable fo destroying a planet in his first form with one finger and no effort, its safe to asume he COULD have destroyed namek 100 time over in his final form had he wanted too, but then the blast might kill him too, and obvoiusly he wouldn't want that. this is all said during the fight, i suggest you watch it.

my next question is: have you ever even seen DBZ before? because if you have you'd notice that ALL the fighters continue to grow in power all the time. Piccolo for example, was the strongest on the planet for a while during the android saga before Vegeta finished training in the hyperbolic time chamber. during this time piccolo would pwn frieza effortlessly. (when before he got @ss raped by frieza on namek) i do believe that is gaining power. dont you?

so i dont know what the hell your talking about to be honest. watch the show, you'll see all of what i'm talking about.

so since Vegeta COULD destroy a planet (regardless of size) with no effort when he had a powerlevel of 18,000. its safe to assume that he could put in some effort and destroy most planets at that time had he wanted too. and since the main characters (the saiyans, piccolo, and all bad guys, everyone after frieza pretty much) have power levels in at least the high 10's of millions, that they could all easily destroy the earth.

also on a side note: a being with the power relative to a SSJ2 could destroy the entire earth solar system. as cell stated he was going to destroy it with his power after he came back to life after goku's death, at this point he had power near equal or possibly even more power then Gohan as a SSJ2.

No,Frieza COULDN'T destroy Planet Namek because he was low in power,as said in the Manga(comics).The blast WOULDN'T hurt or kill him(it was NEVER stated in the comics).Also,Akira Toriyama NEVER drew the scene where Vegeta and Nappa destroyed that planet so it doesn't count.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 10:20 PM
crazylozer
n00b boy

Let's do a simple exercise in science and logic, shall we?

First, mass is not the same thing as size, which is what I meant before. Lead is denser than water, so a cubic inch of lead weighs more than a cubic inch of water. Therefore, just because an X amount of lead is 10x as massive as that of the same amount of water doesn't mean that the lead is 10x larger in volume than the water. So just because the planet Vegeta had 10x the gravity of Earth doesn't mean it was 10x larger. Case in point: King Kai's planet had 10x the gravity of Earth; how large was it?

My next point will be that yes, all the fighters do improve, but by how much? Piccolo had such a massive power gain during the instance you mentioned because he became merged with Kami, multiplying his power exponentially.

Oh, and if he had wanted to really win the 'fight' with Goku, why didn't he just fly out of orbit of Namek and destroy the entire planet? I doubt Goku's speed was enough to make up for a head start, especially if Freeza sent down a distraction.

Next, when Cell said he would destroy the solar system, I doubt he'd try to do it all at once, because if you'd recall, the battle of kamehameha's between Gohan and Cell was simply not massive enough to capture all the planets in their different orbits. So in order to destroy the solar system, he'd have to multiply his power by about 100.

And by the way, yeah I've watched the show before.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 12:10 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Z-Fighters get stronger by TRAINING.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 09:24 PM
crazylozer
n00b boy

In the instance where Piccolo gained a large amount of power before he confronted Cell, he gained it from merging with Kami. They were originally one Namekian, but they seperated into the evil and good versions. But yeah, the other times, they get stronger by training, but when do you actually see Krillin train?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 11:48 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think they ever show Krillin train but he does train nonetheless.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 05:32 PM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Clark, Superman, Clark as Superboy, whoever, could kick Goku's ass. It's the same with any american comic book property. In comparison, American comics win overall. USA, ALL THE WAY!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:01 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Finally,someone who understands Superman's unlimited power.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 02:53 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

cell didnt mean he was going to destroy the solar system from earth. thats not what he said.

all it would take is for him to destroy the sun.

also Ultimate Hulk43 you have no idea what your talking about, sorry you dont. frieza could easily have destroyed namek. he wasent even at 100% power when he attempted to destroy it, he still had about 25% of his power being unused at the time.

as for Toriyama never drawing the scene where vegeta blows up the planet, it makes no difference. the manga and TV show continuity isnt EXACTLY the same, and Toriyama himself has said its the same story with the twist that the animators could make things move. its still canon in terms of DBZ (an example of non-canon are the 13 DBZ movies)

I love superman, i even have a superman poster on my wall, hes my fav superhero by far. I own all the smallville seasons, i own the DVDs of all of the superman movies, i own quite a few comics, i even have a box of superman toys from when i was younger.

but the fact is Goku would kick current supermans ass so hard he would go back in time meet Jor-El on krypton then kick his ass too.

current supes just cant win this fight, its impossible, anyone who could destroy the sun only using half of his power could easily kick supes ass.

now superman prime and pre-crisis supes is a different story, but current superman, he'd just get his ass kicked.

i mean look at the poll on this thread, more people agree with me then disagree, and thats saying a lot seeing as this is in the superman forum, and most people here like superman.

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Nov 25th, 2005 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:00 AM
crazylozer
n00b boy

Actually, is Clark on Smallville going to be pre-crisis based or post-crisis? So far, he seems to be getting more and more invincible (Season 1, bullets=bruises, Season 5, re-entry=annoyance), and so far, his only weakness has been kryptonite. Then again, logically, everything after The Crisis On Infinite Earths is post-crisis. Anyone know?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 05:00 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's a mix of both and he's vulnerable to Magic too,not just Kryptonite.This was seen in season 4.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:16 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

but the fact is Goku would kick current supermans ass so hard he would go back in time meet Jor-El on krypton then kick his ass too.

current supes just cant win this fight, its impossible, anyone who could destroy the sun only using half of his power could easily kick supes ass.

now superman prime and pre-crisis supes is a different story, but current superman, he'd just get his ass kicked.

That was what I've been trying to say.And about the Frieza thing,I do know what I'm talking about,I read the Manga not to long ago and after Goku beat the crap out of him,he TRIED to destory the plaent but couldn't because of his weak Power Level but I'll read over it again to make sure,it's been about two months.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:22 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

think about this logically

frieza tries to destroy planet namek using roughly 50-60% of his full powerlevel.

he then does not destroy it.

then he decides that its time he use his full powerlevel in order to not get killed before namek does explode. goku lets frieza reach his maximum so that "there is no doubt who the stronger of us is when this fight is over"

now if frieza still had that much power in reserve that he was not using, how is it possible he could not destroy the planet had he felt like it.

also i seriously doubt that his power had dropped below 18,000 at that point...lol (20,000 is roughly what is needed to destroy a normal sized planet)

if it had goku would have killed him with one punch, seeing as goku's powerlevel at that time was in the 5-10 million range.

to say that frieza did not have the power to destroy a planet is pure nonsense, frieza in his first form has WAYYY more power then what is needed to do so. frieza is about 48x more powerful in his final form then his first form.

you do the math

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 09:39 PM