KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » If You Could Get Rid of Any Comic-Book Character For A Year.....

If You Could Get Rid of Any Comic-Book Character For A Year.....
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

J-U-B-I-L-E-E

Wolverine too. And Phoenix.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:58 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Well, plenty of people have powers like Storm. Magma controls magma and tectonic activity, Wind Dancer is like Storm minus the water-based and lightning effects, Rictor, Avalanche, etc.

Personally I think the most unexplainable are people like Abyss, whose body is a pocket dimension, or Xorn, with the star for the brain.

True. But Storm's a bit more high-profile than those guys. In any case, she wouldn't be my first choice for getting rid of someone, but she's definitely top 10 or so. Pheonix probably tops my list...even ahead of Wolvie.

-DM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well s i said digi, storms powers are supposed to seem l;ike witchcraft because she is a decendant of a long line of african royalty and african priestess, powerful ones.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:12 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FieryBalrog
laughing at least youre an equal opportunity hater.

I added everyones favorite, just to be sure.

Seriously though, Storm is great, hope she never leaves. Plus, she's puuurdy.

Only character I have a REAL problem with is Gambit......ugh...CHARM POWERS?!??

Also, I could do without Thing, seriously, what does he have that 99% of the other "big guys" don't? Heart? My ass!
He's out of date and needs to retire, or get a downgrade in strength and an upgrade in intelligence.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:18 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by stormfront13
well s i said digi, storms powers are supposed to seem l;ike witchcraft because she is a decendant of a long line of african royalty and african priestess, powerful ones.

Then why not call it witchcraft?
Seriously, how much more appealing would she be her powers where to do with magic, or some deal her ancestors had with Gaea or mother earth?

They can do more with Storm than what they're doing now.
Make her supernatural, make her more mystic than mutant, then I'd respect her more.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:20 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well yeah, but then she'd be classified as a magic user. but i do like that idea about her ancestors making a deal with gaea. i read somehwere that they were going to give her magical powers soon

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:23 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Forgot Phoenix too. I hear about the ****ing Phoenix one more time.

And Bishop. He's too cocky.

And Claramont Storm. What's the difference between Storm and Claramont Storm. Claramont Storm is too ridiculously overblown. Others have written her far more realistically.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:27 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

she's not really overblown, just more at her potential than others. as said in uncanny x-men # 17(second series) storm is one of the most powerful mutants ever to walk the earth

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:33 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Bishop too. And Gambit. And Rogue.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:56 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by stormfront13
she's not really overblown, just more at her potential than others. as said in uncanny x-men # 17(second series) storm is one of the most powerful mutants ever to walk the earth

I didn't mean in power. I meant in the story itself. Claramont seems to put her first in the story no matter what. In the eighties the "I used to be worshipped as a goddess you know!" line was cool. A thousand times later and it's f***ing annoying. She would be a far more interesting character under a better writer. Like Whedon. *drools at that thought*

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:59 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

1)Superman & 2)Jubilee

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 12:48 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

yeah, but i like the fact that he uses her a lot. but yeah they need to think of more lines for her

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 02:15 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Exactly. It's all the same under her. Nothing new. Claramont is reuse the same lines over and over again.

"Now I see why Storm was worshipped as a goddess!"

God knows how many times Claramont used that line....

Whedon or Morrison would make her MUUUUUUCH more interesting. And they would use her powers better.

Claramont uses the mundane or the insane ways of using her powers.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 02:27 AM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

'cause Claremont's a hack getting by on his past deeds. All washed up.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 06:09 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

yeah i need to see more ways for her powers to be used because the possibilities are endless

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 08:02 PM