KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » "Webshooter"

"Webshooter"
Started by: leren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leren

Sorry

Whoops

Last edited by leren on Jun 12th, 2005 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 08:06 PM
leren is currently offline Click here to Send leren a Private Message Find more posts by leren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Rubber band

quote:
i especially like the elastic band that attaches it to your forearm

Yes, I only used one elastic band (#67) to hold it on for display. Usually there would be a couple more (nothing fancy). You don't want something too stiff or there will be no flexibility when you bend your wrist downward. You need full range of motion.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 08:11 PM
leren is currently offline Click here to Send leren a Private Message Find more posts by leren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

That thing is huge compared to the one in the comic books... It hot though! One question... In all the comics and shows Webbing desolves...Does yours?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 09:41 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Well

Well, in the real world, don't a lot of new inventions start at a large size? When I learn more about the mechanisms and improve upon them, I will eventually make it smaller and more practical. The funny thing is is that I did not get this idea from Spiderman. Beforhand, I had no interest in Spideman and did not know about his web shooters. This substance does not dissolve, so yes it would make quite a mess to clean up if used around town. The current mixture has no decomposing elements.

Last edited by leren on Jun 12th, 2005 at 09:57 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 09:54 PM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Add some Carbonic acid mixture... It could Disolve on I don't know Two hours or so...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 10:32 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Formula

I am constanly making improvements on this substance, but I will have to really tamper with the ingredients to add a decomposition property. It isnt like I want to ever swing from building with this device (I would like to shoot it at people though). My priority is to make these chemicals non-toxic. My next device I build like this will hopefully be half the size. This will require a liquid that is less dense to begin with.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 12:17 AM
Toxin92
We are Toxin!

Wow man that is a pure stroke of genius. To think what people can do when they put there minds to it. Well Good luck on it.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 03:04 AM
Toxin92 is currently offline Click here to Send Toxin92 a Private Message Find more posts by Toxin92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Thanks

Future inventions will include external elastic joints and electro-fiber tape. No. Never mind. I'll think about the elastic joints though.....

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 05:57 AM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leren
I am constanly making improvements on this substance, but I will have to really tamper with the ingredients to add a decomposition property. It isnt like I want to ever swing from building with this device (I would like to shoot it at people though). My priority is to make these chemicals non-toxic. My next device I build like this will hopefully be half the size. This will require a liquid that is less dense to begin with.
Just what we need cancerous Webbing.....Funny but maybe its possible...Ohkay then so that we're clear if there is this sudden breakout of Spider Men, Women and Girls....Theyre all from this site!big grin Okay?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 09:22 PM
Stevie
Blitzed out of our skulls

Do you think you could make a video to "really" see it in action?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:02 AM
Stevie is currently offline Click here to Send Stevie a Private Message Find more posts by Stevie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Problem

I could, but I do not own a digital camcorder or a computer capable of handling video (it can barely handle photos). I know it would be an important piece of evindence for you, but unfortunatly, this is not possible for me to do. Sorry, but I have provided all of the evidence I can provide.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 05:22 AM
mark the man

hi im new here . i was thinking why dont you swhitch the super glue whit one that doesnt stick to skin and you migth be able to make the webbshooter itself have and internal propeler intergrated so you dont have to use the co2(im just giving ideas i dont want this to be a misunderstanding)

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:06 PM
mark the man is currently offline Click here to Send mark the man a Private Message Find more posts by mark the man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyBarr199

leren please be more specific on how to build it! I am willing to start up the project if you be a lil more specific

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:59 PM
CandyBarr199 is currently offline Click here to Send CandyBarr199 a Private Message Find more posts by CandyBarr199 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kuriatey

mabey glue solvent, or solvent mixed with it would make it dissolve after a while. I'll test it tonight.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 01:42 AM
Kuriatey is currently offline Click here to Send Kuriatey a Private Message Find more posts by Kuriatey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by leren
The dried substanse is almost rock hard. Within the dried substance there is crystalization from the sodium reaction.

That looks disgusting.

Sorry, had to say it.

Nice job on the inventing. Is it for a project?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 03:08 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

thats looks like man thing when he got to do what he need to do,and is alone if you know what i mean......

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 03:34 AM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Scoobless
OMG.... i can see the news reports now

Hundreds of "fanboys" were found dead across the world this morning after attempting to copy their comic book hero Spider-Man"

"the fanboys had taken tips from a poster on an Internet comic forum and had attempted to recreate the "web" substance used in the comic books and, more recently, on the big screen by the so called "Amazing" Spider-Man..... while the original poster had told them NOT to swing from this home made web formula, most of them had been far too excited and couldn't help but try to do just ONE swing from the roof of their own homes"

"A spokesman for Marvel comics added"
.......... "these freakin' retarded fanboys are gonna be the death of me.... hey... are you a reporter?... IS THAT F**KIN' CAMERA ON???......"
"at which point we lost transmission"

"the police are currently searching for one Mr "leren" and have high hopes he... or she.... will be able to aid them in their quest for a scapegoat"

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

"in other comic related news it turns out that Spider-Man can indeed defeat Captain America, DareDevil and Wolverine all at the same time"

roll eyes (sarcastic)
That thread,lol.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 07:07 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wierddreamer213

yes but how fast does it take to harden there? not very practicle if it takes several hours or minutes now does it? on a smiliat topic did anyone hear that they are breeding Spider-goats?

to harvest large thick spider webbing for industiral purposes (it is as strong as comics apparently), they added spinerate genes into goats so that they...er...lactate the substance. fortuantly they do not stick to walls.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 05:49 PM
wierddreamer213 is currently offline Click here to Send wierddreamer213 a Private Message Find more posts by wierddreamer213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kuriatey

leren, if you could give us nore info on this, like how to mix the fluid, and where to go and buy the stuff that is needed, that would be a great help.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 08:38 PM
Kuriatey is currently offline Click here to Send Kuriatey a Private Message Find more posts by Kuriatey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scorpionlord
Spider-jide's lil bro

you guys need a life.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:26 AM
scorpionlord is currently offline Click here to Send scorpionlord a Private Message Find more posts by scorpionlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote